MertR8

MertR8's Dispute

10 posts in this topic

MertR8

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
You actually can kill a lot of enemies at good exploit points in the and restart the chapter by letting yourself get killed. Crushing difficulty is pretty fast done if you enable auto aim and unlimited ammo with various strong weapons. <br /> <br /> For the speedrun trophy YOU NEED to play in Speedrun mode, so there is no way in earning a a speedrun trophy in the ordinary story mode.

What exactly is the reason for the flag on Uncharted 4? It looks a little unusual but it's definitely possible via jumping around in chapter select. Maybe I'm not looking closely enough but I don't understand the issue with this game.

You mentioned that the speedrun trophy is impossible in ordinary story mode. That was the case for Uncharted 1-3 Remastered, but not Uncharted 4. Are you talking about Uncharted 1, 2, or 3 instead?

To my knowledge there is no speedrun mode in uncharted 4 unless it was added at a later date. As for crushing difficulty even if its fast with all the cheats you can enable in the game you can't beat it in the 1 hour it took you. World record pace on any difficulty for this game is near 3 and a half hours which would get you the speedrun trophy. To beat it in the hour it took you the only way to do it legit is the exploit which was only doable from version 1 to 1.03 and would have earned the speedrun trophy at the same time as those versions did not have speed run mode(if any do)

1 minute ago, Ampplaca said:

To my knowledge there is no speedrun mode in uncharted 4 unless it was added at a later date. As for crushing difficulty even if its fast with all the cheats you can enable in the game you can't beat it in the 1 hour it took you. World record pace on any difficulty for this game is near 3 and a half hours which would get you the speedrun trophy. To beat it in the hour it took you the only way to do it legit is the exploit which was only doable from version 1 to 1.03 and would have earned the speedrun trophy at the same time as those versions did not have speed run mode(if any do)

They might have done most chapters on crushing but then completed the last few chapters on explorer difficulty, and then jumped back in to finish the last few chapters on crushing. That's a legitimate way to pop the easy, normal, hard, and crushing trophies an hour after getting the explorer difficulty trophy.

Is it a little weird? Yeah. But is it possible? Yeah. If that's the only reason for the flag, then it should be lifted.

Just now, ResoluteRock said:

They might have done most chapters on crushing but then completed the last few chapters on explorer difficulty, and then jumped back in to finish the last few chapters on crushing. That's a legitimate way to pop the easy, normal, hard, and crushing trophies an hour after getting the explorer difficulty trophy.

Is it a little weird? Yeah. But is it possible? Yeah. If that's the only reason for the flag, then it should be lifted.

Its possible but they said  "Crushing difficulty is pretty fast done if you enable auto aim and unlimited ammo with various strong weapons". You dont unlock modifiers till you beat the game at least once meaning they would have had to do most of the game without modifiers which contradict that statement

Just now, Ampplaca said:

Its possible but they said  "Crushing difficulty is pretty fast done if you enable auto aim and unlimited ammo with various strong weapons". You dont unlock modifiers till you beat the game at least once meaning they would have had to do most of the game without modifiers which contradict that statement

Yeah I think you have to beat it on normal or hard to get the modifiers, which they definitely didn't. They did contradict themselves, which makes it look even weirder, but I think games are only flagged if it's proven beyond any doubt that the game was cheated. I personally find this sketchy, especially since you pointed out the contradiction, but the flag should still be lifted since the results could be replicated without cheating.

We'll just have to wait and see what the exact reason for the flag was if the original poster follows up on this.

As it was already said it is not possible to beat the game in one hour. https://www.speedrun.com/uc4  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uncharted+4+speedrun+world+record+ Those are world records and they were done using auto aiming. Yes, it is possible to get Crushing trophy via chapter select so trophy timing will be close or use the glitch, but why wouldn't OP mention that if it was done that way and instead tells that they did speedrun the whole game with mods and auto aiming instead? 
There is also no Speedrun mode in this game (and one who did speedrun the game should have known that), so if they did legitimate speedrun it should have triggered the Speedrun trophy. Using glitch would also have triggered the Speedrun trophy. So it's another contradiction here. 

Contradiction about unlocking modifiers was already mentioned before me.

Edited by SlowQuorex

I'm in agreement with @ResoluteRock

If the issue is getting the Crushing trophy an hour after the Explorer one...  I'm not really seeing the issue.

Crushing is unlocked from the start, so in order to get something like this, you could play through most of the game on Crushing, turn down the difficulty near the end and then replay the last chapters in Crushing.  Could be as simple as trying to get that perfect parry trophy (Swordmaster) on the first playthrough (which is generally recommended to do on lower difficulties).

I mean, I do understand that what the OP is saying just isn't the answer.  It's needlessly (and impossibly) braggy, and makes this look bad where otherwise, it really wouldn't.  Unless there's something else I'm missing.

3 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

I mean, I do understand that what the OP is saying just isn't the answer.  It's needlessly (and impossibly) braggy, and makes this look bad where otherwise, it really wouldn't.  Unless there's something else I'm missing.

It's also the Speedrun trophy. His explanation is just wrong

5 hours ago, MertR8 said:

For the speedrun trophy YOU NEED to play in Speedrun mode, so there is no way in earning a a speedrun trophy in the ordinary story mode.

This is just false.

There are people who earned the speedrun trophy with other normal story mode trophies at once.

This flag reason: Reason: So the game was beaten on Crushing diffuclty just in one hour. Okay, there were and maybe still is in-game glitch which allowed to skip the entire walkthrough. But if it was used it would also definitely gave speedrun trophy. Something is not right. "Ludonarrative Dissonance" looks fishy too because it was earned before finishing the game (and you meet only around 500 enemies at one playthrough). I am not sure about this one though, maybe it can be done through chapter select before finishing the game (I actually don't recall if you are able or not to select chapters before finishing the game at least once).

I do not believe this is legit, however, just based off OPs response. Also his comment with completing the game in an hour doesn't add up. It will not be lifted.

You have 4 other flags though, so you are off the leaderboards as of now.

Edited by Squirlruler