First look: Box art for upcoming PS5 games

Aranea Highwind

They really going with the white theme huh. It's ok I guess. Not that it really matters to me, I don't think I've bought more than 8 physical games this gen, don't expect that number to go up by much if at all next gen.

Pretty stale cover art but didn't expect much change.

Now if they made the box itself white that might be a little more interesting.

This is pretty much how I expected it to look. I prefer the blue theme they had going with PS4 and Vita tbh. It stood out more. The example shown above looks fine, but what about when a game has a white spine like many PS4 games do? It's going to be devoid of colour when displayed on a shelf.

• Like 1

I approve

Mmmm

17 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I actually like it. My only suggestion would to use a clear black box instead of clear blue to match the color of the PS5. 

I definitely approve!

Mmmmmmmmmmm!

1 hour ago, Aranea Highwind said:

A quick update for our fans — here’s your first look at the box art for PS5 games you’ll be seeing on store shelves this holiday, starring Marvel Super Hero Miles Morales.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - PS5 Box ArtMarvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - PS5 Box Art

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/07/09/first-look-box-art-for-upcoming-ps5-games/

Wish they went with clear black boxes but this is still good and can't wait for the game! ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alayaes said:

ps1-boxart.original.jpg

If they went with the PSone-era style I'd be all over it again. I dislike larger plastic boxes. I love these custom cases.

Those look amazing. I wish they would go back to CD cases but it seems like plastic boxes are here to stay and the PS5 ones look nice but nothing special. I'm more impressed with the amount of detail on that Spidey suit. Graphics are going to be insane!