First look: Box art for upcoming PS5 games

Aranea Highwind

If they’re going to go with the white border over blue for next gen it would’ve been interesting to pair it with clear or black cases. How amazing that’d look eh?

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

As long as people keep buying then physical media will keep going. Limited run games is a great example of what collectors are willing to pay for a physical copy

I will keep supporting physical media until the end. Digital is more expensive for games anyway

Agreed. Physical over digital for me ‘til the end. Why purchase digital media you can hardly be refunded for/return? Doesn’t make any sense. At least with physical copies there’s the option to resell in the future.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Most people dont have good enough internet to stream 4k Netflix etc (i cant even stream 1080P in consistently good quality). I dont think we are anywhere near streaming games becoming the normal. Doing so would eliminate a lot of the market.

but Im talking about when PS6 comes out, thats another 8 to 10 years, Im sure most people have decent internet by then.

23 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I don't know man, I think PS6 is going to be streaming only, its heading that direction anyway.

Really wrong there m8. Think about all the countries that does not have high speed internet!  Not going to happen for atleast 3 more decades. And all the collecting ppl like myself. If that was to happen, they would loose alot of money. 

I think they would give 2 options, physical and digital like they are doing with PS5!?

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Really wrong there m8. Think about all the countries that does not have high speed internet!  Not going to happen for atleast 3 more decades. And all the collecting ppl like myself. If that was to happen, they would loose alot of money. 

I think they would give 2 options, physical and digital like they are doing with PS5!1f44d.png

I was thinking the exact same thing! We’re far away from being in a state of “stream-only” hardware, especially for the countries who are perhaps less fortunate when it comes to internet speeds. Heck, I hardly have the means of being able to stream on PS Now myself ? I’m glad PS5 is still supporting physical copies. 

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I was thinking the exact same thing! We’re far away from being in a state of “stream-only” hardware, especially for the countries who are perhaps less fortunate when it comes to internet speeds. Heck, I hardly have the means of being able to stream on PS Now myself 1f606.png I’m glad PS5 is still supporting physical copies. 

Im totally with you on that we are far away from digital only m8? and honostly i hope that it does not happen in my lifetime, since i love the enjoyment going to a store and just looking at games(even if i own the game) and the biggest enjoyment for me atleast is unboxing the game, not to mention smelling the fresh factory smell when you unbox it?

I allways do it tho, haha

• Like 1

I never really cared about the game cases or how they looked. They just end up in a drawer anyways. I do agree that they are trying to move everything to downloading and they would like to eventually phase out hard copies all together. It is definitely not in the near future but maybe in 10 years or so I imagine they will. You can see them heading in that direction now with the discounted rates for buying online and now they are releasing a system without a disc drive. 

Such a boring color. So far my favourite ones are the Switch, a risky red color yet they managed to make it so elegant and beautiful, and you know these are games at the first look, lately they tend to go so much for the casual, "elegant" style to appeal the masses that back then looked gamers like freaks lol. I like so much Switch boxes I got the limited edition of Shikhondo for it to display while got it on digital for PS4 for the trophies.

I feel like it's a waste of empty space to have that massive white bar at the top... Why can't we just get fully covered art on the front? That'd be nicer in my eyes...

I don't really see an improvement in these but I'll still buy it cause... physical collection.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:32 PM, Keyser Soze said:

enjoy it while it last, probably the last gen with physical media.

I hope not. Theres nothing better than taking the cellofane off a brand new game. Im sure they said same at the start of ps4 era. I think there will be a market for it for ages. 

In regards to the ps5 box art. Really like the white and blue together

• 4 weeks later...