Only free if you own "Superhot" before release

"As a token of our gratitude to you, the community that keeps our studio going, you will receive a free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE, provided that you own SUPERHOT on PlayStation on the day MCD is released in just July 16th."

Just so people dont think this will always be free. 

On 18.7.2020 at 0:58 PM, pawet85 said:

I bought Superhot (and Superhot VR) on launching date, and can't find MCD for free on my download list, neither on my library... Anyone else having the same problem?

Yup, same here!

4 hours ago, SaltyCat said:

It is free on both, on pc, a friend found out you need to launch the regular Superhot and it'll be there or something alone those lines.

Are you implying Mind Control Delete is inside the vanilla game?

EDIT: nevermind, Reddit and the devs said otherwise. It's not free for EGS owners.

Edited by Lance_87

For anyone struggling with this free download like I was, don't go to the store it'll try to charge you. Go to your games library on the far right of your home screen, search for Superhot and the new game will be there to download. I did have original superhot and vr version currently installed, I don't know if that's a requirement but I doubt it. It should be able to tell when you purchased the game and work that way.

• Like 1

Not free for me at all, as others stated the store is showing full price. It's not in my download list, it's also not in my game library. I'm wildly guessing its something to do with the fact I didn't have it installed when MCD came out. I own both superhot and superhot vr, both purchased at launch. Shame really

On 23/7/2020 at 0:19 PM, Nemesis_1991 said:

Not free for me at all, as others stated the store is showing full price. It's not in my download list, it's also not in my game library. I'm wildly guessing its something to do with the fact I didn't have it installed when MCD came out. I own both superhot and superhot vr, both purchased at launch. Shame really

No, having or not having a game installed doesn't make a difference. It's the account entitlements that count.

On 25/07/2020 at 1:14 AM, Lance_87 said:

No, having or not having a game installed doesn't make a difference. It's the account entitlements that count.

Well aware of that...

Have seen it not being installed at the time mentioned multiple times with people who can't find it in their library/download list so who knows. I'd be curious to know the circumstances for other people when it added to their library. 

On the developer's FAQs, they say:

How can I redeem my free copy if I purchased SUPERHOT on PlayStation 4?
A free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE will be added automatically to your PlayStation 4 games library within a few days after the release.  The logistics for this can take a bit of time. Please allow up to a week of patience before you panic that your game is missing. ?

So, OK, it's been more than a week... But for what they say about "logistics", maybe they were aware of certain complexity on delivering a free copy for buyers of the original... Let's hope sooner or later it appears... At the end, they're giving it to us for free, so, let's be patient :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...