would you use your ps4 in this scenario?

RJP_X

i've been struggling and getting depressed for almost near a month of not using my ps4. for the reason that, everyone's been home and electronics are running from everyone so there is the chance the circuit breaker can trip. it has happened once in may, and once in june. however since the 15th last month i have strictly been using my vita, as much as i would love to use my ps4 i get irrational concerns that the power may go off and it might break. even though i have had tons of power outages over the years on ps3 and ps4 without major issues. i still fear the possibility, but as of the past couple of months i have let the fear consume me so much where i have been getting very stressed out over the idea of even turning it on.

i've let the fear over run me and stress me so much, when in the past it would stress me but not going over board like i've currently been. that's how i've always operated though, always getting a fixation on a particular OCD for long periods, then i get that way about something different. guess its my asperger's, can be a handful mentally.

unfortunately i have obtained a UPS but a light lit up on it saying building wiring faulty, so cant even use that. 

This scene from Home Alone 2, perfectly sums up what you should do :):

I've had various forms of anxiety over the years and one particular incident kept me practically house bound and a nervous wreck for nearly a full year until I gradually snapped out of it so I know how you feel but letting fear, especially irrational fear, rule your life is a recipe for disaster so my advice is to seek help from a trusted friend and talk things through with them, then take things from there :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

well if youre that worried about it.. I dunno what smartphone provider you have but if its verizon or sprint for 25 bucks a month they warranty ALL the electronics in your jouse (tv, game consoles computer, cameras, printers etc etc) from everything except physical damage and its lifetime.. pay $25 bucks a month and if a power outage (or ANYTHING) killed your ps4 or any other electronic in the house... instead of you having to shell out hundreds of dollars for a new one... verizon/sprint will. problem solved