Mayhem modifiers and mayhem seem boring

Lonemankane

Been playing mayhem mode and I have been finding the game boring on mayhem mode as the modifiers just suck, I mean op levels in bl2 was alright but at least there was nothing annoying like if you go in fight for your life mode you die at the get go or when you kill an enemy death comes out and so on it is annoying and yeah I hope they give us a way to remove the modifiers as it is bad enough we got to deal with bullet sponge enemies to get the best types of loot but to be screwed over by random bs like a single enemy due to your build is not good enough and so on it kills the game at least for me.

Even though I ranted abit I hope am not the only one here who thinks the same. What are all your thoughts on this? do you like it or hate it? like to know your thoughts 

• Like 1

There have been plenty of complaints about this on the official twitter feed but personally I don't find Mayhem Mode boring, just annoying due to the horrible damage and health scaling which in turn leads to most encounters being a war of attrition instead of skill. Most of the modifiers are just pointless/gimmicky IMO and add nothing to the experience, except mass irritation.

• Like 1

Yeah it doesn't make the game better. 

The instant death before going into fight for your lifetime is the most annoying one. 

But after i saw you can change the modifiers, or just switch between them it wasn't that big of a deal. 

And the insta death skulls after killing an enemie where also not very helpful. 

Killing tons of enemies in the arena you can't see all of them and just walking into them was sometimes frustrating. 

Plus I wish they did update the amount of ammo you can carry, because mentioned in the first post, they really are bullet sponges. 

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There have been plenty of complaints about this on the official twitter feed but personally I don't find Mayhem Mode boring, just annoying due to the horrible damage and health scaling which in turn leads to most encounters being a war of attrition instead of skill. Most of the modifiers are just pointless/gimmicky IMO and add nothing to the experience, except mass irritation.

That is what I mostly mean, as for me I find it boring due to how much having to shoot so much ammo at them till they die, at least op levels had op weapons that made the battles feel like normal fights again just you can die very fast and nearly any build could work.

6 hours ago, holland046 said:

Yeah it doesn't make the game better. 

The instant death before going into fight for your lifetime is the most annoying one. 

But after i saw you can change the modifiers, or just switch between them it wasn't that big of a deal. 

And the insta death skulls after killing an enemie where also not very helpful. 

Killing tons of enemies in the arena you can't see all of them and just walking into them was sometimes frustrating. 

Plus I wish they did update the amount of ammo you can carry, because mentioned in the first post, they really are bullet sponges. 

Well that is the thing I can't get good modifiers as when I get to the point of getting something else it makes something like big head mode pop up at the top I don't really have very good luck on mayhem mode mods and I just wish it made the enemies buffed like op levels and just give better gear and that is it no more mods or give us a choice and don't lock behind them mods gear as that is pure bs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KANERKB said:

That is what I mostly mean, as for me I find it boring due to how much having to shoot so much ammo at them till they die, at least op levels had op weapons that made the battles feel like normal fights again just you can die very fast and nearly any build could work.

Well that is the thing I can't get good modifiers as when I get to the point of getting something else it makes something like big head mode pop up at the top I don't really have very good luck on mayhem mode mods and I just wish it made the enemies buffed like op levels and just give better gear and that is it no more mods or give us a choice and don't lock behind them mods gear as that is pure bs. 

Yeah i agree with giving the option for the OP levels and loot drop. 

And maybe an option for OP only or OP with modifiers, but then you will see that the better loot drops scales with the difficulty you are on. 

At the end we will all want the best gear. 

This morning i played the raid boss and re rolled the modifiers a couple of times just because it took me forever to kill the enemies before going down with the elevator. 

When going matchmaking i always get in a lobby with people who have modded guns and all, takes all fun out of the game. 

• Like 1

My solution has always been the following:

1: Get rid of the Mayhem Levels all together.

2: Set the enemy scaling to what was Mayhem 3, before the devs went and ruined everything.

3: Massively dial up the drop rates to e.g. 200% or higher.

4: Replace all the modifiers with a single randomised option that does something comical but cosmetic so the damage scaling doesn't go out the window again and make the game harder than necessary e.g. all guns shoot bubbles, enemies burst into rainbows on death etc.

5: Rebalance the loot pools so each enemy has far fewer items but the dedicated drops have a much higher chance of dropping than the World items do (currently, Dedicated Drops are something dumb like a 5% chance to spawn). There's nothing more irritating and frustrating that trying to farm for an item, only to get the same garbage World Drops every bloody time ?.

6: If Gearbox are so keen on wasting resources on trying to force players to diversify their builds, they can start by removing the emphasis on having to farm for the perfect Anointments for each item and whilst they're at it, they can get rid of about 2/3s of the Anointments, because most are crap and not worth having. Ever since Borderlands 2, the emphasis has been wrongly placed on gun parts, prefixes and now Anointments, instead of the power of each item's Red Text ability. All of this means you have to waste hours trying to get the perfect components to make that item worth using, which sucks all the fun out of the game and just adds a redundant layer farming that you otherwise wouldn't need. Borderlands 1 got it right in that each item was judged on its own merits, instead of the gimmicky extras the sequels piled on top of them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

My solution has always been the following:

1: Get rid of the Mayhem Levels all together.

2: Set the enemy scaling to what was Mayhem 3, before the devs went and ruined everything.

3: Massively dial up the drop rates to e.g. 200% or higher.

4: Replace all the modifiers with a single randomised option that does something comical but cosmetic so the damage scaling doesn't go out the window again and make the game harder than necessary e.g. all guns shoot bubbles, enemies burst into rainbows on death etc.

5: Rebalance the loot pools so each enemy has far fewer items but the dedicated drops have a much higher chance of dropping than the World items do (currently, Dedicated Drops are something dumb like a 5% chance to spawn). There's nothing more irritating and frustrating that trying to farm for an item, only to get the same garbage World Drops every bloody time 1f621.png.

6: If Gearbox are so keen on wasting resources on trying to force players to diversify their builds, they can start by removing the emphasis on having to farm for the perfect Anointments for each item and whilst they're at it, they can get rid of about 2/3s of the Anointments, because most are crap and not worth having. Ever since Borderlands 2, the emphasis has been wrongly placed on gun parts, prefixes and now Anointments, instead of the power of each item's Red Text ability. All of this means you have to waste hours trying to get the perfect components to make that item worth using, which sucks all the fun out of the game and just adds a redundant layer farming that you otherwise wouldn't need. Borderlands 1 got it right in that each item was judged on its own merits, instead of the gimmicky extras the sequels piled on top of them.

I think this will be in a new borderlands game. 

If you do all that to this game you will completely change the game, that's not going to happen. 

And of course because of all the different anointed gear there is a lot of different playstyles, what means a lot of grinding time what fanboys love in a loot game. 

2 hours ago, holland046 said:

I think this will be in a new borderlands game. 

If you do all that to this game you will completely change the game, that's not going to happen. 

And of course because of all the different anointed gear there is a lot of different playstyles, what means a lot of grinding time what fanboys love in a loot game. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the previous Borderlands games to death and have poured 100s and 100s of hours into them but BL3 has so many balancing and End-Game issues it's not funny and the odds are I'll be uninstalling it once Support has been dropped :(.

• Like 1

Yes i agree and probably i will do the same. 

When I'm not into trophy hunting i play games like borderlands or a week any kind of battlefield game, just shooting stuff. 

But borderlands 3 is not one of my favorite anymore because all the things mentioned here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holland046 said:

Yes i agree and probably i will do the same. 

When I'm not into trophy hunting i play games like borderlands or a week any kind of battlefield game, just shooting stuff. 

But borderlands 3 is not one of my favorite anymore because all the things mentioned here. 

i think the same, I got the dlc to the game to try and see if maybe the dlc might make it better but sadly it does very little, the gameplay is good but with the crap like this it kills the fun completely. I hate the fanboys who say get good or some crap as to me you can't be powerful your own way, you need to do a build that everyone is doing because screw you. I played in all the other games builds I liked, I mean I made rich as hell jack build for bl 1.5 and made a bomber commando build and fist out berserker and so on.

I love the series but it seems to me bl3 wants to kill anything too op or fun I mean diablo 3 did a very good job at letting you become op as hell and letting you do your own build in this it needs to be nerfed to make it balanced when there is no pvp in this at all I mean what is the point.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Little off topic: But is it possible reaching level 25 from level 2 in 45min, without any missions? 

but yeah mayhem was boring :P

If you use a pre-levelled character from the character selection screen you can but doing so will cause you to miss out on the Lv2 and Lv10 trophies.

23 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Could it be that ******* leveled this guy up? don't want to report someone if im not sure.

If they have the Lv2 and Lv10 trophies then they didn't use a pre-levelled character but this game has so many exploits, especially if you play offline with no patches, it's very possible to level up ultra fast if you know what you're doing. If you're in doubt about reporting someone, I would just PM one of the Cheat Removal Team and have them look into it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 6:27 PM, Lonemankane said:

My buddy and I definitely agreed that the Mayhem 10 weapons dealt very little damage to Mayhem 10 enemies. Something definitely isn't scaling correctly here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

My buddy and I definitely agreed that the Mayhem 10 weapons dealt very little damage to Mayhem 10 enemies. Something definitely isn't scaling correctly here.

I play on Mayhem 11 so don't have to faff around with those stupid modifiers but even then, certain enemies just feel like bullet sponges and take forever to kill :(.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I play on Mayhem 11 so don't have to faff around with those stupid modifiers but even then, certain enemies just feel like bullet sponges and take forever to kill :(.

I actually got a good batch of Modifiers, allowing me to keep the Mayhem 10 XP/Cash/Eridium/Loot rates at their highest. The ones that I have are Lootsplosion, Healy Avenger (which the hearts are easily destroyed), Chain Gang (which only damages you if youre in between two enemies), and Dazed & Infused (which doesn't hinder too much when all 4 weapons are different elemental infused). Our biggest issue though was the damage dealt with Mayhem 10 weapons to Mayhem 10 enemies. In some areas there are badass enemies that have not only the 10000% health bar, but also the 10000% shield, under a 10000% armor bar. Takes 5 minutes and most of one ammo type to kill one badass enemy with that set up.

17 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I actually got a good batch of Modifiers, allowing me to keep the Mayhem 10 XP/Cash/Eridium/Loot rates at their highest. The ones that I have are Lootsplosion, Healy Avenger (which the hearts are easily destroyed), Chain Gang (which only damages you if youre in between two enemies), and Dazed & Infused (which doesn't hinder too much when all 4 weapons are different elemental infused). Our biggest issue though was the damage dealt with Mayhem 10 weapons to Mayhem 10 enemies. In some areas there are badass enemies that have not only the 10000% health bar, but also the 10000% shield, under a 10000% armor bar. Takes 5 minutes and most of one ammo type to kill one badass enemy with that set up.

yep and worse is that the enemy does not drop anything at least good, worse if you ask me is that most legendary weapons feel gimmicky then a real powerful weapon, it is not like bl2 where if you find a legendary it felt great to get and 9 times out of 10 it is really useful and has a good power to it then a weak peashooter. like the only weapon in bl3 that to me stands out is the doom double barrel shotgun as the other kind of shotguns either suck or don't deal enough dmg in a fast time