Why is this Platinum so common?

arcanehornet_

3 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Gold Relics are more doable than it seems, you have room for various mistakes; the Platinum Trophy would surely be Ultra Rare if you were required to obtain Platinum Relics, but Gold is not that hard. I mean, still hard, but a rarity of around 10% is fair enough to me.

Ignore videos of players getting WR times because they use weird and unreliable strategies to replicate; watch videos of players getting the Platinum Relic, try to replicate their strategy and their routes, and obtaining Gold Relics will be way easier.

Yep, I agree, especially now that I was able to plat the game.

What baffles me is that there is a 0.03% discrepancy between the platinum and getting all Gold relics... like, there's some folks out there who have gotten the hardest trophy by far but have passed on doing an easier one? Whyyyyy? ? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

What baffles me is that there is a 0.03% discrepancy between the platinum and getting all Gold relics... like, there's some folks out there who have gotten the hardest trophy by far but have passed on doing an easier one? Whyyyyy? ? 

Surely the difference between an old school completionist and a trophy hunter is not such a foreign concept?

• Like 2

I have to give the first game a 6 out of 10 in difficulty, but around a 7 out of 10 if you're not that good at platformers. Before Crash 4, Crash 1 was considered the hardest platinum in the series. Crash 2 and Crash 3 both give you new abilities which make doing the relics a lot easier, in Crash 1 you don't have that luxury.

The High Road was pure bullshit, so I skipped that and ended up doing Stormy Ascent, which took a solid three hours of trying before I nabbed the gold relic.

If they asked you to get a platinum relic in every level, you're easily looking at a rating of 9.5/10 out of 10 in difficulty. Very brutal, you literally have to be perfect to score a platinum.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 4:24 AM, Stan Lee said:

There always is, and it's always weird to me. It's like there's this weirdo out there who's like, "I'm gonna get the hardest trophy, but I REFUSE to get the trophy that requires me to enter my own name!"

But anyway, getting back to the thread, this will sound weird from me, given that I too don't have the platinum, but I find that Crash is annoying in very small ways. The High Road (where I finally said "screw it") is certainly an annoying level. But in time, you'll get it, and the remaining levels aren't nearly as bad. The relics are annoying, no doubt, but look online for a run, play a little monkey-see, monkey-doo-doo, and you'll get them. 

The problem for me is that's just not my style of play, so I quit on it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

There always is, and it's always weird to me. It's like there's this weirdo out there who's like, "I'm gonna get the hardest trophy, but I REFUSE to get the trophy that requires me to enter my own name!"

I'm at a loss as to what trophy could have been left out as well, because they're almost all unavoidable on the way to getting the hardest ones. Could it be the 99 Lives? Was somebody deliberately keeping their lives below 99? Madness!

15 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

It says its 9.81% Ultra Rare for the Platinum of Crash 1, so it's not as common as the OP thinks. Yes there are levels too where you cannot die as you cannot get the coloured Gem [ which is required to 100% the game ].  Crash 3 is still the easiest of the three games imo.

Not if you do the platinum times. Only 2 words: Hog Ride!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Not if you do the platinum times. Only 2 words: Hog Ride!!!!!!!!

Do you mean the Motorcycle rides? Just keep practicing with those you will get them eventually, with regards to the Crash 1 Tiki Hog ride,  I ironically got the Platinum Relic for that level straight away.  

I’m sure there are many explanations for why this game has a surprisingly common rarity (%), but I’d say 2 of the most logical ones are the fact that:

#1) Crash Bandicoot is a very old and iconic PlayStation franchise.

A lot of people are nostalgic about these Crash games and grew up playing them, so it stands to reason that a lot of these same people would welcome the chance to play and platinum a Crash game when they are given the opportunity.

#2) Games like this tend to attract certain types of players.

You know the types I’m talking about… those crazy, sadistic sons of bitches who just can’t resist such a juicy challenge. When a game earns a reputation for being hard like this one has, there will always be a big crowd of hardcore gamers that will immediately gravitate towards it, dreaming of their next big gaming conquest. This is why you will often see a lot of specific types of games, ie. the Soulsborne games, that have ridiculously common platinum trophies despite their inherently difficult nature and reputation as such.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3

On 20/10/2021 at 3:55 AM, Stan Lee said:

I'm at a loss as to what trophy could have been left out as well, because they're almost all unavoidable on the way to getting the hardest ones. Could it be the 99 Lives? Was somebody deliberately keeping their lives below 99? Madness!

People holding out to pop the plat as a milestone. As a remaster of such a nostalgic game and as a game that many will find difficult, it fits the bill for the milestone-planning types.

And / or platinum rain events

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

You know the types I’m talking about… those crazy, sadistic sons of bitches who just can’t resist such a juicy challenge. When a game earns a reputation for being hard like this one has, there will always be a big crowd of hardcore gamers that will immediately gravitate towards it, dreaming of their next big gaming conquest. This is why you will often see a lot of specific types of games, ie. the Soulsborne games, that have ridiculously common platinum trophies despite their inherently difficult nature and reputation as such.

It can be a good explanation for some games ... but for this one, there is over 375K people who played this so ... i'm also surprised it is that high Ôô

It's not a very very hard game, but still a good challenge for some gems without dying, and some gold relics :o 

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think rarity coincides with how difficult a game is. Gotta take off that mindset. I have a number of ultra rares that are easy but grindy or just a terrible game or is luck-based. Souls games will make you think twice whether or not its really hard or not with its rarity on PSNProfiles. 

I'm currently playing Crash for the Platinum and I'm looking at the game in a totally different perspective now that I've gotten most of the hard relics out of the way. Forcing yourself to perfect the time trials when I lost 20 lives on each level my first run is a very dedicated experience. I won't look back on this Platinum fondly other than the insane challenge it was too complete. I'm impressed at how many people have actually achieved it.

Edit: I will say that it is VERY refreshing to play a game that doesn't require a guide to find missable document #48 ten hours into the playthrough.

Edited by JIMMOTHYY
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 0:21 AM, Capukkion23 said:

Let's not forget the fact that, in the original game, you had to break all the crates in a level without dying in order to obtain the gem.

If the remake kept this thing from the original,i could totally imagine an UR Platinum.

Am I crazy or was this not the case when the game came out in 2017? I specifically remember dying while trying to get the gem in levels and even after breaking all of the boxes  the game would say “nearly perfect…but you died” did I miss soemthing? I remember this game was difficult to get the platinum  because of the no death gem runs and gold relics. Did they update the game to make it easier for new players? 

Edited by DeadBird101
Grammar correction

12 minutes ago, DeadBird101 said:

Am I crazy or was this not the case when the game came out in 2017? I specifically remember dying while trying to get the gem in levels and even after breaking all of the boxes  the game would say “nearly perfect…but you died” did I miss soemthing? I remember this game was difficult to get the platinum  because of the no death gem runs and gold relics. Did they update the game to make it easier for new players? 

That's what he says. In the original 1996 Ps1 game you had to avoid dying in order to get the gem, while in the 2017 Ps4 version they made it easier and you could still get the gem if you died.

Never played the original game, but from what I know is that if you died in a level, the boxes you collected reset. If you hit a checkpoint and died, then you'd be out the boxes from before that, thus, you had to play the level with no deaths to get the clear gem.

In the remake, that was only a requirement for getting certain coloured gems. There was a screen for “Nearly perfect…but you died”, so you aren't going crazy. 

It has a high skill level requirement but this about it. There is no RNG or different factors in a level. Everything is exactly the same every time you run it so then it just comes down to repetition and practice and you will smash it, like many others have clearly done 

On 10.06.2021 at 0:24 PM, Stan Lee said:

Maybe they are missing the tropy that requires the player to miss a lot of boxes in a level? ?

Edited by BuyurDayim

On 10/07/2020 at 5:59 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

When I first played Crash Bandicoot a few years ago, I thought it was the most difficult platformer I’ve played. I couldn’t even finish the first game back then. So I was absolutely shocked to see it on PSNprofiles with so many achievers and a pretty high rarity. I expected the plat to be ultra rare at least, considering how hard the Relics are.

Am I just really bad at it or do people find it easy?

Crash 4 wants to say hello.