Why is this Platinum so common?

arcanehornet_

On 7/10/2020 at 8:59 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

When I first played Crash Bandicoot a few years ago, I thought it was the most difficult platformer I’ve played. I couldn’t even finish the first game back then. So I was absolutely shocked to see it on PSNprofiles with so many achievers and a pretty high rarity. I expected the plat to be ultra rare at least, considering how hard the Relics are.

Am I just really bad at it or do people find it easy?

You played it a few years ago. During these two years, you expected fewer people to get the plat, just because "I thought it was the most difficult platformer I’ve played".

if it's difficult for you, it doesn't mean its difficult for others, and the other way around

This is probably one of the hardest platformers I've played but like Dark Souls and the Return to Arkham Remasters, the hardcore fans have made what would probably be an UR platinum a VR one. Surprisingly, Crash 2 has a higher rarity than the first game and people are always saying the sequels are easier. ?

On 2/6/2022 at 11:10 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

That's what he says. In the original 1996 Ps1 game you had to avoid dying in order to get the gem, while in the 2017 Ps4 version they made it easier and you could still get the gem if you died.

if you skip to the 18:20 you’ll see what I’m talking about. I understand that in the original that dying would void the gem, but I’m remember it happening to me as well in the remake. Like it does to the person in the video

• 2 years later...

I started this game thinking it would be an easy platinum (7/10 in the guide), but it's not that easy. Just got all the relics, which in itself was troublesome (the levels where you cannot die) and now I'm onto the hardest part which is the speed run. If I'm not mistaken, you cannot die in any of the levels in order to achieve the necessary time, plus you need to do them almost near perfect. I can see myself struggling with this haha.

I'm working on this as well. You are right that you can't die in attempts for the time trial relics, which is going to be a problem in the later levels. From what I have seen so far though, getting through each obstacle on it's first cycle is enough for gold on the later levels - you don't need to do anything fancy. I did Castle Machinery the other day and had plenty of time to spare when I finished.

• Like 1