Are you screwed if you make a mistake?

dieselmanchild

The controls for this game are really poor on the DualShock, and I just accidentally clicked the wrong option and missed a collectible (corpse #1). If something like this happens are you completely screwed and doomed to a whole extra playthrough, or this there some way to rewind? 

• Like 1

this "game" is extremely unforgiving with missables, you'll have to swing back around for another playthrough unfortunately. Luckily enough getting the platinum requires 6 endings so you'll be playing through again quite soon!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

The controls for this game are really poor on the DualShock, and I just accidentally clicked the wrong option and missed a collectible (corpse #1). If something like this happens are you completely screwed and doomed to a whole extra playthrough, or this there some way to rewind? 

Play it on your phone its soooo much better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

this "game" is extremely unforgiving with missables, you'll have to swing back around for another playthrough unfortunately. Luckily enough getting the platinum requires 6 endings so you'll be playing through again quite soon!

Extremely unforgiving is right... in fact it’s downright maddening. I’m trying to follow a 6-playthrough guide but if and when you screw up it completely derails the entire playthrough!

I just fucked up again at the underground part where the options are to open the door or not. I swiped to “open door” and yet somehow messed it up, and now I’m locked out of another collectible by the looks of it.

This is so fucking frustrating! ???

Edit: Yes it seems when you fail to open that door as I did, you miss out on a huge section of the game afterwards where you get a lock and several more corpses. I’m now completely separated from the guide I was following and the steps I was taking to progress towards several trophies. I’m now confused as hell.

This is seriously some bullshit!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GoldenShaka said:

I'll seriously stop using the ds, it's horrible, I'm going to install the app to check if it's that good on comparison with ds4.

I’m going to try this as well on my next playthrough because the DS controls are seriously horrible. After my first mistake I was being SO CAREFUL not to fuck up again, but it still happened. The pad just doesn’t respond to your swipes sometimes and if it’s a pivotal moment it can really badly fuck up that run. 

Hopefully the app works on IPad because I don’t think my crappy old IPhone will work.

1 hour ago, psycho_clank314 said:

You have to play it 6 times regardless. You can always get it on another run. Collectibles carry over through plays. Takes about an hour and a half for each run. 

Well, if you are a robot and know exactly what to do  at every moment without pausing then yes it's 90 min. I think it's 2 hours. I think just the last two playthroughs are easier, less stressful because you don't have to pause constantly to verify choices.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

Funnily, I found the phone app completely unusable. It never did what I expected. The controller worked perfectly... maybe it's a matter of technique, or my phone is just old, try both and see what works for you. Also, You may wish to pause, quit to main menu, and upload your save to the cloud. This way you have the opportunity to redo any difficult sections. I decided to do my first playthrough blind and the end result is probably an extra playthrough, but I think it was worth it... at least for now, I'll see how I feel 6 playthroughs later.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KhajiitWerewolf said:

Funnily, I found the phone app completely unusable. It never did what I expected. The controller worked perfectly... maybe it's a matter of technique, or my phone is just old, try both and see what works for you. Also, You may wish to pause, quit to main menu, and upload your save to the cloud. This way you have the opportunity to redo any difficult sections. I decided to do my first playthrough blind and the end result is probably an extra playthrough, but I think it was worth it... at least for now, I'll see how I feel 6 playthroughs later.

The app is working great for me, but I’m using it on my IPad rather than my crappy old IPhone.

Also, regarding the cloud save technique, does this actually work? The guides are very adamant on the cloud saves not working to combine certain endings, but they don’t explain why. I’m assuming it’s due to the way the game saves and carries over into subsequent playthroughs but idk.

If you could indeed use cloud saves it would save me a 6th playthrough so I’m eager to find this out. Thanks. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

The app is working great for me, but I’m using it on my IPad rather than my crappy old IPhone.

Also, regarding the cloud save technique, does this actually work? The guides are very adamant on the cloud saves not working to combine certain endings, but they don’t explain why. I’m assuming it’s due to the save the game saves and carries over into subsequent playthroughs but idk.

If you could indeed use cloud saves it would save me a 6th playthrough so I’m eager to find this out. Thanks. 1f642.png

My understanding is not for seeing all the endings - I was more meaning if you're struggling with controls you can quit to main menu and cloud save so you would have less to replay if you fail. I also used it to see some of the dialogue choices not used in the guide, and for a few sequences where I was concerned I wouldn't be able to complete the commands in time.

Took 7 playthroughs and 2 complete restarts to get the platinum for this game because of the screws up times with the controls(controller). And when you make that mistake, it's instantly over, you can't can't close application or quit to menu quick enough?. I mean I did enjoy the game somewhat, but not enough to play through it that many times..smh lol

Edited by AlphaExGAT
  • Like 1

Just now, AlphaExGAT said:

Took 7 playthroughs and 2 complete restarts to get the platinum for this game because of the screws up times with the controls. And when you make that mistake, it's instantly over, you can't can't close application or quit to menu quick enough1f602.png. I mean I did enjoy the game somewhat, but not enough to play through it that many times..smh lol

Funnily enough for all my whining it only took me 5! Minus the full restart I had to do when I posted this thread.

I screwed up the Butterfly ending by accidentally rejecting the mask instead of accepting it (what was supposed to literally be the very last input in the game lmao?). I was pissed! But I ended up getting the Not Alone ending instead. So on my 5th playthrough I broke off from the guide completely and decided to kill Tobi, then accepted the mask. I was expecting to have to do a 6th playthrough for the ‘mixed’ ending, but to my surprise the ‘Thank You’ trophy popped!

It felt nice to have a happy accident for once. Woohoo! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

so i was following the first playthrough guide, and i messed up a downward swipe with a left swipe, but still managed to get all the trophies just winging it the rest of the way.

Yeah it depends on what part you mess up on. And depending on how you mess up, it is possible to just swap the road maps of different playthrough around so you get back on track - that is what I did.

I would highly recommend using the phone app if you can though. It works so much better and will save you from any further screw ups in subsequent playthroughs. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

3 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Huh, I had been considering going for the plat in this game but I don't know if I can be assed with shitty controls. 1f602.png

I would recommend the phone app if it's supported on your phone. With the app, the controls are smooth as a butter.

• Like 1

You don't have to start over if you screw up, every once in a while upload your file to Playstation cloud, probably works with a USB drive, then if you mess up, just download it to your system and depending where you were you don't have to do too much. Oh before anyone bashes me saying it doesn't work, it does and it still saves your progress from other playthroughs, because I've screwed up some and had to do that.

10 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

You don't have to start over if you screw up, every once in a while upload your file to Playstation cloud, probably works with a USB drive, then if you mess up, just download it to your system and depending where you were you don't have to do too much. Oh before anyone bashes me saying it doesn't work, it does and it still saves your progress from other playthroughs, because I've screwed up some and had to do that.

I can confirm this works. You don't need to play the beginning of the story over and over again. What i did was that i uploaded my data before making the choice of hanging out with the girls. Makes the playthrough much faster.

• Like 1