Slackjaw Side Quest Bug (Mission 3)

I started my cleanup run where I don't kill anyone or get spotted yesterday, and everything went well until mission 3. After I got the first side quest from Slackjaw and went back to bottle street, the thugs standing at the door told me to get lost, but didn't attack me. I found it a bit weird, but didn't pay too much attention to that until I tried to give Slackjaw the audiograph. Once I entered the distillery, one of the thugs got alerted to me (the three bolts lit up and turned red) and started to attack me alongside Slackjaw and the other thugs. I tried getting around this by getting to Slackjaw before the thug spotted me, but after listening to the audiograph. Slackjaw attacked me for no reason. Someone wrote that you can solve the problem by skipping Slackjaw's dialogue, which I tried out. Well, Slackjaw didn't attack me after I skipped his dialogue, but the thug in the distillery still did and turned the others hostile in the process. I already tried reloading my save and restarting the mission, but both didn't help.

Some people on reddit wrote that this happens when you kill a thug in mission 2, but I didn't do that. Here's what I did up until mission 3:

• I didn't kill anyone.
  • I didn't talk to Granny Rags but took the rune from her outsider shrine. → I wasn't at the distillery at all before mission 3.
  • I didn't get spotted by enemies and didn't cause any alarms.
  • In mission 1, one unconscious body was found.
  • both boxes at the result screen were checked after both missions (didn't kill anyone + ghost)

However, I think the problem started during mission 2: When I saved Curnow, he didn't thank me for saving his life and there was no option for talking to him. Also, after I branded Campbell in the interrogation chamber, one overseer always activated the alarm when I didn't get out of the building fast enough even though I didn't get spotted by them (which is weird since enemies only activate alarms when they spot you). But that wasn't as annoying as the Slackjaw side quest bug.

My question is: Is there a way to fix the bug besides deleting your save or deleting and reinstalling the game?