wuwiwa

Any tips for superluminal speed run?

6 posts in this topic

Given that the current world record for a glitchless run on PC is around 24:48 (including loading times which also seem to be longer on PS4) the timing constraints for the superluminal trophy seem very harsh to me. If I add up all my best level runs so far I come to 36:40 without loading times. Way to go obviously. I know that there is a glitch to jump out of bounds and cut off part of the way. But the description I found for PC doesn't work on PS4 for me. It should be possible though because I was ejected like 3 or 4 times during game play but did not find out how to reliably reproduce this. Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

I am going to give it a shot. Not sure if this game will have any other challenging trophies other then the collecting of fire alarms and fire extinguishers. It is a nice little puzzle game 🙂

@TheJoschka: Thanks a lot. Unfortunately no real news in that video. My times are already quite close to the ones shown there. Gotta keep on practicing obviously.

In case anyone is interested: I found out how to pull the out of bounds trick on PS4. It's almost the same as on PC. But it seems not to work on all the positions that are used in the PC speedruns. I also only have been successful using cubes and cheese and not other stuff (like exit signs, doors etc.). Unfortunately there seems to be no way back into the level on PS4 though. You just can walk on the ceiling but not fall back or interact with anything in the level. One can fall endlessly on the side of the map, that's all. 

@FuriousDolphin: You should definitely try it. It is a really nice game. The collectibles are not that hard. There are only a few hidden ones which will also be spotted when carefully searching (Just look back often after entering a room or passing some big objects. The entries to the star rooms (which also have to be found for the Stars Align trophy) are far better hidden. There are some guides though for that (and also for fire alarms and extinguishers). Speed run seems to be the only really hard trophy but I hope it should be doable too.  

Thanks @wuwiwa I will give it a shot for sure. What I do think is strange is that the timer in the vid says 33 minutes and the trophy still unlocks. Does this mean that there is a margin which is still acceptable over the 30 minutes trophy requirement. Also the loading times seem to be excluded. So that is good. 

I also don't think there is a way to see which time you got in the game other then to time it yourself and pausing during the loading screens. 

What have been your closest time spend?

I think that the video does include loading times which are not counted by the game. Except for the first complete run where time was of no importance I only did try single levels so far not the complete game and the total of my best runs so far is 34:14 excluding loading times but surely containing some small errors because of taking times by hand.