'Control' is headed to PS5 and Xbox Series X

luis4u

Control: Ultimate Edition bundles together the base game, all its DLC, and every update and patch up to now for both PS5 and PlayStation 4 later this year. It's the typical re-release we see time and time again a year or so after a game's launch. However, this is the only version of the game that offers a free upgrade to the next-gen console.

Essentially, what this means is that if you own a PS4 copy of Control right now, and even the Season Pass on top of that, you will now have to fork out cash for another version.

That is despite you already owning the exact same content that the Ultimate Edition has to offer. As we said, this new version is just the bundling together of the base game, patches, and DLC. The only thing to it is that it allows for a free PS5 upgrade.

This is quite the controversial move from Remedy and publisher 505 Games at it flies in the face of what every other gaming company is doing right now. For a full list of all free PS4 to PS5 game upgrades announced so far, head on through the link. Unfortunately, you won't find the base version of Control on there

Edited by luis4u
update

What sucks is that this probably means we won't get the last dlc until the new consoles are out. 

Last dlc becomes available, and instead of an update for next gen, they sell a "complete" edition at retail.

Im not going to buy it again and don't really need it to be upgraded, I just want to get the dlc done so I can move on. I wish that was happening sooner.

• Like 1

It's great news I've been really looking forward to it for ages but never picked it up but I heard about the lag and briefly experienced it myself when I played it at an event last year for 5 mins so it coming to PS5 where it will hopefully fix those problems is perfect because Remedy is a fantastic studio

• Like 1

Lmao everyone is whining when the reveal showed plenty new games than crossbuy/remasters/remasters of remasters + I suggest subscribing to Playstation on Youtube. Y’all need to brighten up a bit. Glad Control is coming to PS5, I bet it will look much better and its going to be a console that can actually handle a game like that.

8 hours ago, Lan Stee said:

Yay another generation of whiners conveniently forgetting that amazing new games exist and are released all the damn time

Also I love remasters, sue me

8 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Lmao everyone is whining when the reveal showed plenty new games than crossbuy/remasters/remasters of remasters + I suggest subscribing to Playstation on Youtube. Y’all need to brighten up a bit. Glad Control is coming to PS5, I bet it will look much better and its going to be a console that can actually handle a game like that.

Personally I’ve got nothing against remasters. Played a number of them on PS4, and I really enjoyed going back and re-experiencing games I’d previously enjoyed. Control is likely a game that would really do well remastered as it did push the PS4 hardware and performance suffered in places. That said, it’s a bit odd to remaster a game that still has content pending.

Whining aside, even though I enjoyed a lot of the remasters, you’ve gotta admit that they really did go back into that well a bit too much on PS4. It’s one thing to remaster some standout games, but there were also a lot of remasters of games that really didn’t warrant them, and really didn’t need (or didn’t get) much of an upgrade.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

What sucks is that this probably means we won't get the last dlc until the new consoles are out. 

Last dlc becomes available, and instead of an update for next gen, they sell a "complete" edition at retail.

Im not going to buy it again and don't really need it to be upgraded, I just want to get the dlc done so I can move on. I wish that was happening sooner.

The dlc had been said to be coming in august for a long time now.  I don't see that changing.

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Has it? I didn't know that. Hopefully they stay on course, then, because, while I really like the game, I want to be done with it, too. 

I hear you that collectible search in the 1st dlc was awful though so I'm hoping they do something besides that with the 2nd trophy set.

On 16/07/2020 at 5:23 PM, Lan Stee said:

Yay another generation of whiners conveniently forgetting that amazing new games exist and are released all the damn time

Also I love remasters, sue me

I also love remasters/remakes. I'm eagerly looking forward to playing the Saints Row III remaster. And the remake of Oddworld: Abe's Exodus a.k.a Soulstorm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, diskdocx said:

I’m just going to wait to see how long it takes for the PS5 remasters of the PS4 remasters of PS3 games to arrive....

Pfft. Squeenix will beat that easily, when they remaster KH: Chain of Memories from PS4, which was an upgrade from PS3, which was an upgrade from PS2, which was an upgrade from GBA.

It’s turtles all the way down.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Pfft. Squeenix will beat that easily, when they remaster KH: Chain of Memories from PS4, which was an upgrade from PS3, which was an upgrade from PS2, which was an upgrade from GBA.

It’s turtles all the way down.

Space Invaders: The Complete Definitive Directors Cut Remastered Edition