PSN IDs and 100% Completion

Hi, guys! I have a noob question, but first, I'll give a little background. I only have 17 games on my profile because I am new to trophy hunting and one of these games, Dante's Inferno, has a 100% that is looking to be more and more unobtainable every day, as EA is ignoring everyone's requests to keep the server alive. I am enough of a 100% nerd to be willing to do my other 16 games over again on a new account in order for my profile to have a 100% completion. However, I don't want to lose my PSN ID, as it is my username for all of my socials and my email. So, my question is this. Is it possible for me to create a new PSN ID as an alt, entirely delete my old account from the Playstation Network to free up the name, and then change my alt to the name I had on the now-deleted main? If I can do this, I might consider going for all of my trophies again. Thanks, y'all!

You can’t delete a PSN account. Once you’ve made a PSN ID it is off the cards for everyone. You can either hope that Dante’s Inferno becomes 100%-able again (I’ll go back and do the trials if it becomes possible) or accept that you won’t have a 100% profile which is the better option as it won’t limit what you play.

• Like 2

Just now, FilmFanatic said:

You can’t delete a PSN account. Once you’ve made a PSN ID it is off the cards for everyone. You can either hope that Dante’s Inferno becomes 100%-able again (I’ll go back and do the trials if it becomes possible) or accept that you won’t have a 100% profile which is the better option as it won’t limit what you play.

Hmm. That's interesting. Would it work if I changed the name on my main and then made an alt with the old name?

5 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Hmm. That's interesting. Would it work if I changed the name on my main and then made an alt with the old name?

That doesn't work. Your old username is still part of the account that saw the name change. In fact, you can always revert to a previous username that account had without charge. 

If I understood the OP correctly, the game you're talking about is still 100%able at the moment, right? What's stopping you from completing it before the servers really do shut down?

Edited by Arcesius

Just now, Arcesius said:

That doesn't work. Your old username is still part of the account that saw the name change. In fact, you can always revert to a previous username that account had without charge. 

If I understood the OP correctly, the game is still 100%able at the moment, right? What's stopping you from completing it before the servers really do shut down?

Oh, okay. Bummer.

The multiplayer has been delisted on the NA store. I downloaded it from the UK store (I made a UK account exclusively for that reason) and tried to download the UK game that went with it, but unfortunately, I didn't realize that my PS3 is the 12GB version. So, I ordered a UK physical copy of the game, but it's in the mail somewhere without tracking. I'm still waiting and that was probably 2 weeks ago. I'd either need that physical copy or a new PS3 because I don't trust myself enough to put a hard drive into my PS3 myself. If I get an outside memory source, what kind should I get? The game is like 5,500 MB, but you need double that much to actually install a game. My problem has been needing double.

5 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Oh, okay. Bummer.

The multiplayer has been delisted on the NA store. I downloaded it from the UK store (I made a UK account exclusively for that reason) and tried to download the UK game that went with it, but unfortunately, I didn't realize that my PS3 is the 12GB version. So, I ordered a UK physical copy of the game, but it's in the mail somewhere without tracking. I'm still waiting and that was probably 2 weeks ago. I'd either need that physical copy or a new PS3 because I don't trust myself enough to put a hard drive into my PS3 myself. If I get an outside memory source, what kind should I get? The game is like 5,500 MB, but you need double that much to actually install a game. My problem has been needing double.

If you care about 100%, just start a new account. 17games isnt much. i threw away 50plats by starting a new account. this is my OLD one: Hidden_Gamer_88 :P 

Is that one game really worth getting a new account and having to do all your trophies again? You can't delete your account, but you can just leave it be and create a new one. An option is to use your old account for games to play for fun where you don't intend on getting the platinum, and the other for games you are going to plat to keep it at 100%, whilst also having a spare account so you don't have to limit what you can play solely based on trophies

2 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

If you care about 100%, just start a new account. 17games isnt much. i threw away 50plats by starting a new account. this is my OLD one: Hidden_Gamer_88 :P 

I care, but not enough to lose my username because it's my username on all socials and my email and I don't like one of my usernames being different from the others. lol I was diagnosed with OCD as a kid. xD

Just now, Lava_Yuki said:

Is that one game really worth getting a new account and having to do all your trophies again? You can't delete your account, but you can just leave it be and create a new one. An option is to use your old account for games to play for fun where you don't intend on getting the platinum, and the other for games you are going to plat to keep it at 100%, whilst also having a spare account so you don't have to limit what you can play solely based on trophies

For someone who has OCD as severely as I do, yes. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I care, but not enough to lose my username because it's my username on all socials and my email and I don't like one of my usernames being different from the others. lol I was diagnosed with OCD as a kid. xD

For someone who has OCD as severely as I do, yes. lol

Oh i see, well then just keep your account :P  once you reach 100 completed games and 101 started , your completion will be over 99% which is extremly good as 100% ;) 

37 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I actually just bought an external hard drive that was officially licensed by Playstation and has 2TB of storage. It'll be here July 16! Problem solved!

Yeah, a 12gb ps3 is not ideal anyway, didn't even know it existed :D As far as trials go you need another very good player to help you otherwise you are screwed, the entire level resets when one play loses all of there lives  and some levels are annoying.

1 minute ago, Kreivok said:

Yeah, a 12gb ps3 is not ideal anyway, didn't even know it existed :D As far as trials go you need another very good player to help you otherwise you are screwed, the entire level resets when one play loses all of there lives  and some levels are annoying.

Do you still play? lol This thing will be here on Thursday and I really want this 100%. lol

Just now, Kristen Danielle said:

Do you still play? lol This thing will be here on Thursday and I really want this 100%. lol

Sure I wouldn't mind helping out I done it about a month ago. Just play a few of the harder single player ones and all the Training levels then you will get the hang of it. I remember one of the trials has like 100 waves lol. 

1 minute ago, Kreivok said:

Sure I wouldn't mind helping out I done it about a month ago. Just play a few of the harder single player ones and all the Training levels then you will get the hang of it. I remember one of the trials has like 100 waves lol. 

Awesome. I'll let you know when I'm ready to start. It looks like most of them can be done single player except for :bronze: It's In The Trial.

Hmmm... I checked Dante's Inferno, and the trial of Santa Lucia's online trophies only have the 4th of June as the last day somebody gained the trophies, while the single player trophy there  (creationism) is 7th July, so it is highly likely that the servers are closed, being EA, and being that a long time has passed, there's also a thread here on June 10th about  the online not working.

It's not really the best solution, however, have you considered  using the same name under a sign or number? Something like  Kristen-Danielle or _, or maybe KristenDanielle(the last two numbers of the year you were born)? Other than that, I don't think there are many alternatives, just hoping EA has a change of heart, and well...

Regarding the email, you can change that, unlike the name, I did it in the past to avoid confusion.

Basically, you create another email, change the mail of your current account  to the new one, then use the old email for your new account.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Hmmm... I checked Dante's Inferno, and the trial of Santa Lucia's online trophies only have the 4th of June as the last day somebody gained the trophies, while the single player trophy there  (creationism) is 7th July, so it is highly likely that the servers are closed, being EA, and being that a long time has passed, there's also a thread here on June 10th about  the online not working.

It's not really the best solution, however, have you considered  using the same name under a sign or number? Something like  Kristen-Danielle or _, or maybe KristenDanielle(the last two numbers of the year you were born)? Other than that, I don't think there are many alternatives, just hoping EA has a change of heart, and well...

Regarding the email, you can change that, unlike the name, I did it in the past to avoid confusion.

Basically, you create another email, change the mail of your current account  to the new one, then use the old email for your new account.

Yeah. I think so, too. I am probably going to just make a new account and change my handle on my socials to match the new PSN, but I'm at least going to give Dante's Inferno's multiplayer trophies a try before I resort to that.

Personally if I was you @Kristen Danielle I would just start over with a new account if you're concerned about 100 percent completion. There are plenty of good names out there that somebody hasn't taken on PSN, so you can replay all your old games that you enjoyed before.

If not I would just stick with what you have. I think having and maintaining a 100 percent account presents too much risk and is quite simply not fun. The real joy in trophy hunting comes from the games you want to play and finish, not stuff that you are forcing yourself to get 100 percent in just to make an account look impressive.

Edited by Spaz