Why is RatalaikaGames no longer supported Vita?

DarkLordSHTR

The other companys(example LightWood Games( @luckydonut) and Sometime You) continues to support PS VITA.

Why don't you support PS VITA?
And why did you stop making it games?

I don't think the reason is PEGI.
Because if it were, others too would be blocked.

As a customer, I want to learn this.
Because I am not satisfied with this situation.

If you think the prices are low, upgrade it.
But do not stop supporting the PS VITA.

Also Note: Moderators. Please don't delete this thread.
I think many people want to hear the answer to this question.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The answer is extremely simple: Sony shutdown their Vita Q/A department because of the Pandemic and have only let through a handful of new titles so until that situation ends/improves, new Vita games will remain a rarity.

But other companies continue to publish games.

What is your answer to that?

1 minute ago, Keidah said:

Taken a very antagonistic approach to this...

Antagonistic ?
Is it antagonistic to ask questions and ask answers?

1 minute ago, Ember-Man said:

I heard that it's because ports for PS Vita became much more expensive to make recently so they gave up.

If it is expensive, they can publish it as a separate game like an Sometimes You.

Was PS VITA a tool they used until they made some money?
Why did they leave this device, which they constantly praised.

Because others still support it.

• Like 1

Just now, DarkLordSHTR said:

But other companies continue to publish games.

What is your answer to that?

Antagonistic ?
Is it antagonistic to ask questions and ask answers?

Probably because most of those games passed Q/A before or just after the global lockdown started so all the devs had to do was push a button to make the games go live. Any other games, probably go through the PS4 department but because that's backlogged with other games of higher importance, the Vita devs have to wait their turn since Sony doesn't regard them as a priority.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

My answer to that is this.
And my question is still valid.

Just now, DarkLordSHTR said:

If it is expensive, they can publish it as a separate game like an Sometimes You.

Was PS VITA a tool they used until they made some money?
Why did they leave this device, which they constantly praised.

Because others still support it.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Probably because most of those games passed Q/A before or just after the global lockdown started so all the devs had to do was push a button to make the games go live. Any other games, probably go through the PS4 department but because that's backlogged with other games of higher importance, the Vita devs have to wait their turn since Sony doesn't regard them as a priority.

That was the answer I was wondering.
Thank you for this comment.

But there is no update coming from the Ratalaika company, although others have started broadcasting.
And they come from ignoring.

35 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

My answer to that is this.
And my question is still valid.

Most of Rata's games are already overpriced for what they are so charging even more, will just turn people off and cause them to wait for a deep sale. Ultimately it's a lose-lose situation for them and any other companies who want to publish Vita games in the EU.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Rata's games are already vastly overpriced for what they are so charging even more, will just turn people off and cause them to wait for a deep sale. Ultimately it's a lose-lose situation for them and any other companies who want to publish Vita games in the EU.

I think this is the same as I wrote above.

They used the PS VITA as long as it was in their interest(so as long as it makes money) . And at the first difficulty they left it to his fate.

Edited by DarkLordSHTR

2 minutes ago, Misshandlad said:

To be fair, isnt that what companies are supposed to do? Make money? If the fees for releasing VITA games is increased, so they make a loss, ofc they are gonna cut the cord.

This is already normal. And I have no objection.

But why don't they sell it as a separate game?
Just like the Sometimes You does.

They don't need to sell them as bundles or cross-buy.
What is the reason why I do not continue to support the PS VITA.

1 minute ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

This is already normal. And I have no objection.

They don't need to sell them as bundles or cross-buy.
What is the reason why I do not continue to support the PS VITA.

Well even if they release it separately they have to pay the higher price, and if not enough people buy the game it is still going to be a loss for them. Atleast that is what I get by reading those Tweets above.

1 minute ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

You've already been given as much information as possible. If you're still not happy why don't you reach out to sony and ask them? 

The person I tag here is the official of the company.
I'm waiting for an answer from him. @RatalaikaGames

If you think Sony is related to this issue, you should know that your knowledge is insufficient.

4 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

Because that would just upset a different group of people. Not everyone has the exact same thought process as you do -- they are trying to balance pleasing an entire playerbase, not just you personally.

In some parallel universe, they did indeed stop offering their games as cross-buy, and someone then made a thread calling them money-grubbing for now charging twice as much for their games.

Edited by NathanielJohn
typo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

I've not bothered to go and read into as much as I should because it doesn't affect me. I do believe Ratalaika have indeed confirmed that their approach is due to PS4 adopting the Iarc system as previously mentioned in a post further up^ which I'm pretty sure you should be asking sony about if you want all the information you clearly desire. Thanks for the feedback, I'd rather have insufficient knowledge on a subject that being an arrogant prick. 

I'm not arrogant.

Other companies are still broadcasting these votes to the apple console for similar money.
But while these people were already publishing, they now seem to have excused a global outbreak.
Other companies started operating. Why does Ratalaika not go on? I want them to answer that.

They do not answer the questions asked about this issue.
So I ask this situation again to them through this site.

This is not arrogance, but courage.

Also, if you are not wondering why did you feel the need to write comments?

Anyway I'm not wondering the answer.

Because my goal is not to argue.

I expect the publisher to respond to me and the people who care about this (if any).

1 minute ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

Because my goal is not to argue.

I expect the publisher to respond to me and the people who care about this (if any).

RatalaikaGames hasn't visited the site since May 20th so I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer directly from them.

I think it'd be best to try and contact them on Twitter instead of here.

With that being said, I think you've already gotten your answer.