Any good code breakers? (SPOILERS)

KhajiitWerewolf

I don't want to use spoiler tags throughout this whole thing, so consider this whole thread spoilers.

The Enigma Trophy description is "Find Akal Johar's ledger and a key to the code within, and finish." This ledger is the one labeled AJ. It has strings of numbers in it. You find it in Inspector Caulker's desk after he is murdered. You can later find that Blake has taken it. Blake will admit Lucien Flowers paid him to do so.

AJ was the first victim. The only reference I can find to how he may be involved, is he was the physician who signed off on the request to commit Erica's mother. My question now is... what is the 'key to the code within' and can this be used to solve what the ledger actually says?

I think the Key may be the note that says JOHAR (the ledger owner's name) followed by 1015080118, but I wouldn't have the faintest clue how to use this to solve anything. Do any codebreakers frequent this site? Any takers? Who was Johar, why did Steinbeck write down that sequence of numbers and have it in his pocket when he was killed, and why is Lucien desperate to hide the ledger so that he pays off the police chief and Blake?

All ideas appreciated.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JediOniram said:
  Hide contents

It's a simple code.  01=A, 02=B, 03=C, etc.

101508018 = JOHAR

I translated a few blocks. They don't make a huge amount of sense.  You get something like:

TARA HOPKINS - 28 YRS - 18 MNTHS INPTNT - SINGLE - NLR/I -VOLUNTARY - HGG

They all follow that same format, a female name, an age, how long she's been a patient, her marital status, "NLR/I" - I think that means No Living Relatives, not sure about the /I.  Voluntary, how she came to be at the hospital.  HGG has a medical meaning, could be something she suffers from.

Then it lists the next person.  My gut instinct, this guy abused the girls, and tracked data about them.  Could be anything, and I didn't see anymore to go on.  I didn't bother to take clear screenshots of all the pages, so maybe I missed something important to this, but I think it's mostly just lists of girls and data.  You can see the repeating parts pretty clearly from block to block.

Thanks, looks like I made it more complicated than it actually was. Definitely not “financial records” as characters in the game claimed. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...