What currently is your white whale right now in gaming

My white whale is my entire ps3 backlog, which I already know that there is not enough time in my life where I will get through it. And with a new gen of gaming coming soon.

But specifically, I'd say Far Cry 2. Its a white whale in terms of grinding and glitchy, dead servers which I cant see being up for too much longer. I've started it already so I cant help but want to finish it. 

• Like 4

Currently struggling with Castlevania Rondo of Blood. Already had ~10 tries against the headless knight. Just not capable to evade the flying head. Yes, even though he is headless, he carries his head with him. Freak.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Well I have enjoyed 2k20 a lot so I dont mind the grind and sniping cards for hours. And I love battlefront so it makes me sad that the game is on the verge of death 

Well luckily you can get help from other people on this site 

Persona 4 Arena. I know that once I do the online trophies I’ll want to finish off the rest of the list, which means getting hopelessly entangled in Score Attack which means I won’t be playing another game for a solid month or two while trying to get C’est Magnifique. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Carol said:

Finding a game that I can truly enjoy after playing the masterpiece called “The Last of Us: Part II”. Everything that I play now seems so vulgar compared to TLOU 2... I just want to keep replaying it. 

Same here. I may not be replaying TLOU part II but I am still constantly thinking about it. Most times when I finish a game I move on to the next and don't think of the previous game.

Thankfully I found Tekken 7 to hold me over until Ghost of Tshushima comes out Friday. I hope that is as good as I am expecting it to be.

My white whale right now is platting Tekken 7. I don't usually play fighting games and when I do I am not very good.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 2

For the tenth time in this site, I'll have to say that Battlefield Bad Company's "With My Devil Dogs" trophy is my white freaking whale. All awards and the 10002 kills will come eventually, I guess.

Another one would be "The Shadows Rushed Me" trophy in Max Payne 3 (haven't started the single player at all yet, but I can only imagine the stress of doing it).

Other than those, I'd say any game with online trophies prone to get their servers down.

Edited by Ghanupher

Tales of Symphonia - just can’t be bothered to replay again and again (yet have done two seperate first play through sober the years).

Fallout 4 - just need to get from 99% to 100% settlement happiness for plat, but even following guides to the letter doesn’t work. Convinced I’m glitched.

Diablo 3. The End game grind is ridiculous! Yet I keep trying to chip away only to give up again.

Edited by thefourfoldroot