What currently is your white whale right now in gaming

Trying to get the Sorry Kid and Nope trophies from MLB 15 the Show.

They are completely down to luck. You can spend 10 - 15 hours easily trying to get these two trophies, no joke. This is why a lot of actual sports games have shitty trophy lists.

4 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I see you haven't gone back to The Witcher 3 yet, might I suggest giving that a go? It's a slow burner but it definitely filled the Skyrim shaped hole when I needed it.

I’ve actually just reinstalled that! It’s been years since I’ve played it so I’m looking forward to restarting it ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 0:48 AM, Spaz said:

I need to work on Woah Dave at some point. Aaron Burr is the last trophy I need.

Also got Spelunky on my backlog, but god it's so damn random. They expect me to do a speed run of this game in under 10 minutes, where everything is randomized? Torture.

I won't even touch Sine Mora. I struggled getting Sky Force Anniversary done, and that is a piss easy shmup compared to a number of others out there.

Woah Dave was a ton of fun, with enough practice it just kind of clicks.  Not a game most people will even try but it's solid.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Finishing Downwell on hard! I haven't even tried it in a while anyway... I made it to the last boss and got him all the way to the final phase, then botched it! I haven't had the will to give it another go. One day, that plat will be mine!!

I wish you good luck

• Like 1

Right now, I'm just trying to get to level 40 in Fall Guys. To be honest, this game has overstayed its welcome, and I've started getting irritated thinking about it. I would take a break from the grind, but everyone's progress is going to be reset in about two weeks. I'm almost at level 39, so it would be incredibly dumb to give up now.

I might play again periodically in Season 2 if it's any good, but I'm never doing the level 40 grind again. I'm also not going to attempt the platinum unless "Infallible" becomes exponentially easier, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

P.S. I really, really hate the Fortnite-style rotating storefront in Fall Guys. It's making the "Fall Guy Fashionista" trophy a lot more painful than it really needs to be, because I have no idea when I'll get it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Right now, I'm just trying to get to level 40 in Fall Guys. To be honest, this game has overstayed its welcome, and I've started getting irritated thinking about it. I would take a break from the grind, but everyone's progress is going to be reset in about two weeks. I'm almost at level 39, so it would be incredibly dumb to give up now.

I might play again periodically in Season 2 if it's any good, but I'm never doing the level 40 grind again. I'm also not going to attempt the platinum unless "Infallible" becomes exponentially easier, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

P.S. I really, really hate the Fortnite-style rotating storefront in Fall Guys. It's making the "Fall Guy Fashionista" trophy a lot more painful than it really needs to be, because I have no idea when I'll get it.

Same boat here but I am “only” level 37 and will be away some before the season ends.  There is a very real chance I don’t finish the grind this season which would be a real shame as it is very unlikely I ever play this much again as the game lacks staying power.

I will definitely check our Season 2 - for about a week I’d guess.

My "white whale" would be right now the rest of unplatted GOW games, the Uncharted trilogy and the Singularity game. All for the PS3. Problem is not that is hard to accomplish but that i have TO PLAY AGAIN the mentioned games. Had a PS3 with files for these games but went defunct and i had to purchase another one 50 dollars. I feel specially dragged with the Uncharted games because i have to play them on "hard" (except the 3rd one) and playing them again on "Crushing" to unlock the plat. Fortunately for me, i ejoy replaying the GOW franchise and i have everything of the online stuff needed for the plat on "Singularity". Only have to go for some misc. trophies, the one for getting all the upgrades and another one for finishing the game on "Hard" mode.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 1

I have two for the same reason: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Persona 4: Arena. I am terrible at fighting games and the few plats I have of the genre are either because they're easy lists or there's a cheap character you can spam (Zangief, Sheeva, Natsu etc.) However, UMCV3 and P4A have character combo challenges and I know that there's a slim chance of me ever completing them. While all it would boil down to is muscle memory, I have little intention of repeating the same combo for an hour until I get it. Just to have to do it again with a different character. On top of that, P4A has a gauntlet mode with maxed out difficulty that you have to beat with the entire roster so no thank you either.

• Like 1

Surgeon Simulator

I have to tip my hat in respect for @Bushido_Cypher, his guides make hard tasks look a lot easier. Good uplifting commentary really helps. Still, the Ambulance missions and Space missions are extremely frustrating. I just have to practice more and get better at the time. Don't feel like doing that right now, not when I have DOOM 2016, Tekken 6, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered and other games to look forward to.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Surgeon Simulator

I have to tip my hat in respect for @Bushido_Cypher, his guides make hard tasks look a lot easier. Good uplifting commentary really helps. Still, the Ambulance missions and Space missions are extremely frustrating. I just have to practice more and get better at the time. Don't feel like doing that right now, not when I have DOOM 2016, Tekken 6, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered and other games to look forward to.

Legend mate, appreciate the shoutout! I wish my guide was made later when my equipment was upgraded but I hope it's still helping. 
If there are certain ones you're stuck on I can try and provide additional tips
You got this man! :D

Persona 4 Arena. I'm just so bad at ArcSys games, and this one is one of the hardest :( Getting the online out of the way is like the smallest start. It's gonna be the biggest challenge I've ever done, and every time I boot it up I get more and more nervous about my prospects.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

My "white whale" would be right now the rest of unplatted GOW games, the Uncharted trilogy and the Singularity game. All for the PS3. Problem is not that is hard to accomplish but that i have TO PLAY AGAIN the mentioned games. Had a PS3 with files for these games but went defunct and i had to purchase another one 50 dollars. I feel specially dragged with the Uncharted games because i have to play them on "hard" (except the 3rd one) and playing them again on "Crushing" to unlock the plat. Fortunately for me, i ejoy replaying the GOW franchise and i have everything of the online stuff needed for the plat on "Singularity". Only have to go for some misc. trophies, the one for getting all the upgrades and another one for finishing the game on "Hard" mode.

As uncharted games on PS3 you can speed up your play time by try the wall clipping they have good YouTube video on it 

but it look out if do wall clippings it can destroy your save so upload it to the cloud as many times when get to a new chapter 

• Like 1

My "white whale" is basically the time until I can play Silent Hill 2 on PS2 again sometime next week. Until then, I won't be playing anything. My goal is to leave the current games behind and focus on software that was released as a full product. I'm sick and fucking tired of bug-riddled generic garbage, ruined by microtransactions, season passes and other corporate trash.

To reach that goal, I need to regain the mindset I had before trophies ruined games for me. Going back to PS2 is the first natural step. The next one would be Nintendo Switch.

Edited by Santa_in_Sandals
  • Like 3