Blood-Stalker1

What currently is your white whale right now in gaming

132 posts in this topic

Dissidia NT's 300 treasure trophy. I finally decided to comeback to this game after uninstalling some big games piling up for a year so now I'm ready to sit down and finish up the damn treasures. Literally have to sit through 30 minutes to level up once and thats like for the next few hundred levels. 

On 7/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, Kuspher said:

Yakuza series.. Combat wise i don't find it hard but I just can't figure mahjong.

Tell me about it.. 

When my Chinese friends play it, I'm the guy at the table who just stacks them up and plays dominos just watching them fall one by one. 

Posted (edited)

UFC3. I've rage quit last year after I couldn't get all the skill challenges done, especially that one with blue ring. I reinstalled the game at the end of July and boom got it within an hour. Now I have legendary difficulty left and the grind to lvl 150. I'm not very good at this game, CPU submits me within seconds. Guess I just gotta git gud lol

4 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Tell me about it.. 

When my Chinese friends play it, I'm the guy at the table who just stacks them up and plays dominos just watching them fall one by one. 

LMAO, I still don't understand mahjong fully but I guess that's because I would have to learn all hands. I don't have any issues forming them in Yakuza games but that's because I can always press square and the game will tell me if I can go out or not just yet. I wouldn't be able to to it in real life tho 

Edited by Herbset
Spelling

Trying to get the Sorry Kid and Nope trophies from MLB 15 the Show.

They are completely down to luck. You can spend 10 - 15 hours easily trying to get these two trophies, no joke. This is why a lot of actual sports games have shitty trophy lists.

Socom 4 on Elite mode...

I Platinumed this long time ago on my former main account. I don't know how I did it last time.. But I can't seem to beat this.. 

4 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I see you haven't gone back to The Witcher 3 yet, might I suggest giving that a go? It's a slow burner but it definitely filled the Skyrim shaped hole when I needed it.

I’ve actually just reinstalled that! It’s been years since I’ve played it so I’m looking forward to restarting it 😊 

15 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ve actually just reinstalled that! It’s been years since I’ve played it so I’m looking forward to restarting it 1f60a.png 

You should. The Bloody Baron questline along is worth the time and money.

On 8/2/2020 at 0:48 AM, Spaz said:

I need to work on Woah Dave at some point. Aaron Burr is the last trophy I need.

Also got Spelunky on my backlog, but god it's so damn random. They expect me to do a speed run of this game in under 10 minutes, where everything is randomized? Torture.

I won't even touch Sine Mora. I struggled getting Sky Force Anniversary done, and that is a piss easy shmup compared to a number of others out there.

Woah Dave was a ton of fun, with enough practice it just kind of clicks.  Not a game most people will even try but it's solid.

22 minutes ago, GamingToups said:

Woah Dave was a ton of fun, with enough practice it just kind of clicks.  Not a game most people will even try but it's solid.

The Atari/NES inspired graphics turn most people away.

The Platinum trophy for Shinobi Striker. 

100 wins in each of the main game modes is quite... time consuming to say the least.

Still going for gold rank in rainbow six siege 

Finishing Downwell on hard! I haven't even tried it in a while anyway... I made it to the last boss and got him all the way to the final phase, then botched it! I haven't had the will to give it another go. One day, that plat will be mine!!

3 hours ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Finishing Downwell on hard! I haven't even tried it in a while anyway... I made it to the last boss and got him all the way to the final phase, then botched it! I haven't had the will to give it another go. One day, that plat will be mine!!

I wish you good luck

39 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

I wish you good luck

Thank you my friend, and same to you with Rainbox Six Siege!

Most of the list of Super Meat Boy, but I am trying.

Right now, I'm just trying to get to level 40 in Fall Guys. To be honest, this game has overstayed its welcome, and I've started getting irritated thinking about it. I would take a break from the grind, but everyone's progress is going to be reset in about two weeks. I'm almost at level 39, so it would be incredibly dumb to give up now.

I might play again periodically in Season 2 if it's any good, but I'm never doing the level 40 grind again. I'm also not going to attempt the platinum unless "Infallible" becomes exponentially easier, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

P.S. I really, really hate the Fortnite-style rotating storefront in Fall Guys. It's making the "Fall Guy Fashionista" trophy a lot more painful than it really needs to be, because I have no idea when I'll get it.

5 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Right now, I'm just trying to get to level 40 in Fall Guys. To be honest, this game has overstayed its welcome, and I've started getting irritated thinking about it. I would take a break from the grind, but everyone's progress is going to be reset in about two weeks. I'm almost at level 39, so it would be incredibly dumb to give up now.

I might play again periodically in Season 2 if it's any good, but I'm never doing the level 40 grind again. I'm also not going to attempt the platinum unless "Infallible" becomes exponentially easier, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

P.S. I really, really hate the Fortnite-style rotating storefront in Fall Guys. It's making the "Fall Guy Fashionista" trophy a lot more painful than it really needs to be, because I have no idea when I'll get it.

Same boat here but I am “only” level 37 and will be away some before the season ends.  There is a very real chance I don’t finish the grind this season which would be a real shame as it is very unlikely I ever play this much again as the game lacks staying power.

I will definitely check our Season 2 - for about a week I’d guess.

My "white whale" would be right now the rest of unplatted GOW games, the Uncharted trilogy and the Singularity game. All for the PS3. Problem is not that is hard to accomplish but that i have TO PLAY AGAIN the mentioned games. Had a PS3 with files for these games but went defunct and i had to purchase another one 50 dollars. I feel specially dragged with the Uncharted games because i have to play them on "hard" (except the 3rd one) and playing them again on "Crushing" to unlock the plat. Fortunately for me, i ejoy replaying the GOW franchise and i have everything of the online stuff needed for the plat on "Singularity". Only have to go for some misc. trophies, the one for getting all the upgrades and another one for finishing the game on "Hard" mode.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

I have two for the same reason: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Persona 4: Arena. I am terrible at fighting games and the few plats I have of the genre are either because they're easy lists or there's a cheap character you can spam (Zangief, Sheeva, Natsu etc.) However, UMCV3 and P4A have character combo challenges and I know that there's a slim chance of me ever completing them. While all it would boil down to is muscle memory, I have little intention of repeating the same combo for an hour until I get it. Just to have to do it again with a different character. On top of that, P4A has a gauntlet mode with maxed out difficulty that you have to beat with the entire roster so no thank you either.

Surgeon Simulator

I have to tip my hat in respect for @Bushido_Cypher, his guides make hard tasks look a lot easier. Good uplifting commentary really helps. Still, the Ambulance missions and Space missions are extremely frustrating. I just have to practice more and get better at the time. Don't feel like doing that right now, not when I have DOOM 2016, Tekken 6, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered and other games to look forward to.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. Lost count of how many times I have picked it up over the years and still have not finished it.

Mine is definitely Batman Arkham Asylum. I completed everything about a year ago but have not been able to do the combat challenges to finish up the platinum. I did Wolfenstein 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 which, according to the guides, are harder than Arkham Asylum but nope. Not for me lol

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Surgeon Simulator

I have to tip my hat in respect for @Bushido_Cypher, his guides make hard tasks look a lot easier. Good uplifting commentary really helps. Still, the Ambulance missions and Space missions are extremely frustrating. I just have to practice more and get better at the time. Don't feel like doing that right now, not when I have DOOM 2016, Tekken 6, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered and other games to look forward to.

Legend mate, appreciate the shoutout! I wish my guide was made later when my equipment was upgraded but I hope it's still helping. 
If there are certain ones you're stuck on I can try and provide additional tips
You got this man! :D

Finishing the Talent Development Program with every character in Danganronpa V3, slowly finishing this up

Persona 4 Arena. I'm just so bad at ArcSys games, and this one is one of the hardest :( Getting the online out of the way is like the smallest start. It's gonna be the biggest challenge I've ever done, and every time I boot it up I get more and more nervous about my prospects.