MGS3 controls on PS Now

Recently I started a new account with  the intention of keeping 100% completion, I started MGS3 on PS Now and I am attempting to interrogate a guard for the "Tell Me Where The Bomb Is" trophy. I cannot figure out how to do it so I did some searching and apparently it is impossible to do it on PS Now on PS4 because the game originally used pressure sensitive buttons and the Dualshock 4 doesn't have analogue face buttons. Does this mean the 100% is impossible on PS4?

Just now, CaptainMcStuffin said:

I'd pretty much say so. Especially considering that something such as aiming and shooting are entirely pressure based.

so if i want to keep my account at 100% is my only option to buy a PS3? or could I play it on PC PS Now using a dualshock 3 or something

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 11:33 PM, Flipendo52 said:

Recently I started a new account with  the intention of keeping 100% completion, I started MGS3 on PS Now and I am attempting to interrogate a guard for the "Tell Me Where The Bomb Is" trophy. I cannot figure out how to do it so I did some searching and apparently it is impossible to do it on PS Now on PS4 because the game originally used pressure sensitive buttons and the Dualshock 4 doesn't have analogue face buttons. Does this mean the 100% is impossible on PS4?

I managed to get the trophy on PS4 using PS Now (since I don't own a PS3, nor have I ever) just by following the trophy guide here on PSN Profiles. I think that to interrogate a guard, you had to grab one using Circle (O) and keep clicking your left stick (L3), no? That one wasn't the hardest trophy out of all the guard interactions, so it's very possible -- I didn't get to hear the full interrogation, but the trophy still unlocked. Walk up behind an enemy with no weapon equipped (so that your circle press won't shank him) and try to hold the button and see if you can grab him, that's what worked for me. Then, repeatedly press L3 and the trophy should unlock at some point.

The one that took me like 30 minutes to unlock was the stupid hold-up trophy, THAT one is much more pressure-sensitive, but I still managed to get it on PS Now with my garbage internet speed. You'll be fine, your 100% is safe :)

12 hours ago, fernando-seixas said:

Maybe you can try to reassign buttons in the ps4 controller and switch the ones you need with R2 or L2. I honestly don't know if will work, but it is easier to control pressure with those buttons.

I tried that and it didn't work, thanks for the suggestion though

11 hours ago, ExcrucioVII said:

I managed to get the trophy on PS4 using PS Now (since I don't own a PS3, nor have I ever) just by following the trophy guide here on PSN Profiles. I think that to interrogate a guard, you had to grab one using Circle (O) and keep clicking your left stick (L3), no? That one wasn't the hardest trophy out of all the guard interactions, so it's very possible -- I didn't get to hear the full interrogation, but the trophy still unlocked. Walk up behind an enemy with no weapon equipped (so that your circle press won't shank him) and try to hold the button and see if you can grab him, that's what worked for me. Then, repeatedly press L3 and the trophy should unlock at some point.

The one that took me like 30 minutes to unlock was the stupid hold-up trophy, THAT one is much more pressure-sensitive, but I still managed to get it on PS Now with my garbage internet speed. You'll be fine, your 100% is safe :)

I tried that over and over and it didn't work, so I decided to buy a second-hand PS3 on ebay. I'm going to actually buy the game and at least this way I will be able to play the game without any input lag. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flipendo52 said:

I tried that and it didn't work, thanks for the suggestion though

I tried that over and over and it didn't work, so I decided to buy a second-hand PS3 on ebay. I'm going to actually buy the game and at least this way I will be able to play the game without any input lag. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This.  So very much this.

I’ve had to do that for many a PS3 game, because of the small issues with some PS3 games and PS Now.  I absolutely love the service, but when it comes to trophies...there honestly needs to be a seperate guide or a PS Now tester of PS3 games to add to guides on this site, when it comes to PS Now.  It’s just such a landmine for trophy completionists...?

anigif_original-425-1391100833-13.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starcade_Legend said:

This.  So very much this.

I’ve had to do that for many a PS3 game, because of the small issues with some PS3 games and PS Now.  I absolutely love the service, but when it comes to trophies...there honestly needs to be a seperate guide or a PS Now tester of PS3 games to add to guides on this site, when it comes to PS Now.  It’s just such a landmine for trophy completionists...1f633.png

anigif_original-425-1391100833-13.gif

Yeah, definitely. Well now I can actually 100% Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well, since for some reason on PS Now there is no way to play the DLC