Trophies listed in Japanese

• 2 weeks later...

Games have a default language for them, and some have other languages too. The one they use depends on the language your system is set to, if your system is set to a language not included in the game it uses the default one. The default one for this one is Japanese, but if your system is set for Portuguese for exemple the game will use the default language for the trophies, in this case, Japanese. For some reason the only other language this game recognises is English (US) so every other language will have the trophies in Japanese.

You can change the trophies to english if you want, but that will require you to delete your account from the PS3 and create a new user and recover it. But that will make you loose all your saves. Unless you have a PSN+ account.

1 - Copy all your saves to the cloud

2 - Delete your user from your PS3 (better to have a second account so you don't have to download all your games/DLC from the store again)

3 - Create a new user, and recover your original PSN account

4 - Set your system to English (US)

5 - Sync your trophies with the server to get them back on your PS3

6 - WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR SYSTYEM LANGUAGE boot the game and let it install the trophy data

7 - If you want you can then sync the trophies with Sony's servers and change the system to your language again.

8 - Just copy all your saves from the cloud to your system (you can do this one any time you want after recovering your account, but better save it for last in case you mess up somehow)

This works, I did this myself because of this and some other games that I rather have in English then my language.

• 6 years later...