LegolasRanger

Ghost of Tsushima Trophies

115 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

 

Nobody is stopping you from doing it on hard tho.

NoBoDy Is StOpPiNg yOu FrOm DoIng It oN hArD tHo. The satisfaction comes from popping the difficulty related trophy. Genius.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BloodyRutz said:

Is it really that hard to understand that it feels like an award and you have it logged on your profile between your other gaming achievements?

 

No, not realy. I like it as wel, but getting frustrated because a game does not have a specific trophy is a a bid strange IMO.

I can have that right, an oppinion? The game still has 51 other trophies to collect so lots of images popping all over the place.

 

4 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Not to mention these participation trophy lists are somehow defeating the purpose of trophies.

 

As a kid joining a soccer team and playing tournaments also gave everybody a medal even if you where last.

Trophies are still unlocked for doing something, they are not diffined with a default challenge they need to have.

Why should a casual game, that is aimed at a big audince have super hard trophies. They can... but do they have to?

 

These are all just oppinions, but in the end I play games because I like playing them, getting trophies and completing games is a fun bonus which I like to do.

But getting mad or frustrated about them, while the game itself is realy good, is somewhat weird. But hey, to each there own, my oppinion is not better than yours.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

 

Sure, the game is not worse or better with or without it.

My satisfaction comes from finishing the game and finishing the challenge, the trophy is just some trivia around it.

 

You still did it right? Or are you not able to enjoy your accomplishment without an image popping on you screen?

 

l'd explain as well but BloodyRutz already did.

I did not say anything about the game, this is a topic about discussion trophies, on a trophy related website. l am sick of getting piss easy trophy lists with no efford to platinize just mindlessly follow guides and get shitloads of collectible to plat. I dislike this trend. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I did not say anything about the game

 

Thats true, but its sounds a lot like these trophy lists are more important that the actual game.

For starters, and this is not personal, dont use a guide? You want challenge, start by not using guides.

 

Sure people who did use one get the same trophies, but why care about others, you know you did it and it took some effort.

Reality check but basicly nobody cares about somebody elses trophies and how they did it. So why dont do it the best way you like it yourself.

 

You want more challenge, sure play on hard and search all collactables without a guide. Thats a personal accomplishment, and sure you wont get a trophy pop for it.

But you know you did, wich is the accomplishment, not the trophy popping. But sure people looking at your profile wont know that, but like I said they also just dont care.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

 

No, not realy. I like it as wel, but getting frustrated because a game does not have a specific trophy is a a bid strange IMO.

 

To be honest I don't think the person is really frustrated. Just voicing his/her negative stance on this trend. I could be wrong, of course.

 

 

38 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

As a kid joining a soccer team and playing tournaments also gave everybody a medal even if you where last.

Trophies are still unlocked for doing something, they are not diffined with a default challenge they need to have.

Why should a casual game, that is aimed at a big audince have super hard trophies. They can... but do they have to?

 

Well, it is called participation trophy and yes - technically you're getting it for something. Let me give you an example of what I mean. I achieved Platinum trophy for Devil May Cry 5. It is generally considered as an echievement, not easy. I enjoyed the game and added challenge tremendously. In the meantime friend of mine got 5 Platinum trophies from playing 5 LEGO games.

 

In the end, I have 1 Platinum trophy and he has 5 of them. Of course, I would never play those games and it doesn't take away my enjoyment from DMC. Also, I would never play something I don't like for easy trophy. On the other hand, this friend of mine is actively avoiding good games just because he cannot achieve Platinum trophy in them. This makes the whole so-called trophy system kinda losing purpose in my eyes.

 

 

38 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

These are all just oppinions, but in the end I play games because I like playing them, getting trophies and completing games is a fun bonus which I like to do.

 

I agree. Same for me.

 

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trophy list is ok for me, I like to have difficulty related trophies unlocked on my profile but it's good to chill out once in a while.

By the way, the trophy tiles looks so nice, platinum tile is beautiful.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a completely side note, I'm really glad to see you here @BloodyRutz I will never forget your contribution to Fifa 14 topic. You made the platinum possible for me. Díky moc again!!

To back on track , l hope these relatively easy lists will somehow change with PS5. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 4:16 PM, MilanYildirim said:

On a completely side note, I'm really glad to see you here @BloodyRutz I will never forget your contribution to Fifa 14 topic. You made the platinum possible for me. Díky moc again!!

 

Good times <3 Funny thing, I'm not even into FIFA. Just bought it for my friends. These days I wouldn't play it on my main account.

 

Edited by BloodyRutz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I agree with the people who are tired of trophy lists becoming so easy. I wish there was more of a balance, but in the past two years, we have definitely seen a trend gravitating towards easy trophy lists. . 

Edited by Stardroid
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Powerpyxs trophy guide mentions huge story related bugs. Why cant games (especially sony games) get this sorted by release instead of bringing out inevitable patches later on when people have already been victim of them.

 

So many broken games recently

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MilanYildirim said:

l am getting frustrated with all these no difficulty related platinums.

Me too. I like Sony’s trophy list besides that. It’s nice they don’t have super annoying miscellaneous trophies in their games, and require 100%, but it’s such a bummer they don’t add difficulty trophies for anything..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Powerpyxs trophy guide mentions huge story related bugs. Why cant games (especially sony games) get this sorted by release instead of bringing out inevitable patches later on when people have already been victim of them.

 

So many broken games recently

To be fair, release IS tomorrow and there's already been two patches since I finished it. Sucker Punch are also aware of a couple of progression bugs and said they were fixed in the latest patch so who knows!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing some people got early copies

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

To be fair, release IS tomorrow and there's already been two patches since I finished it. Sucker Punch are also aware of a couple of progression bugs and said they were fixed in the latest patch so who knows!

Hope so dude because i dont want it to spoil what looks a truely stunning game with very decent trophies.

What were your thoughts on the game

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Hope so dude because i dont want it to spoil what looks a truely stunning game with very decent trophies.

What were your thoughts on the game

Really enjoyed it :) Think the mid-80s Metacritic is about fair. Not a masterpiece for sure but a very good game. Combat is super fun, slicing through people never gets old. World looks stunning too and I found the story and Jin to be an excellent protagonist.

 

On the flip side, there are some platforming bits that are really bad. Basically sections like Uncharted yet you may as well toss a coin to see if he'll grab the ledge or make a jump. Facial animations and voice acting is also a little underwhelming (although I just finished TLOU2 so it might not be entirely this game's fault as that's a standard setter). It's also a little buggy and side missions get really repetitive.

 

Overall though it's worth a play. It's basically Assassin's Creed: Japan with bits of Far Cry and Uncharted thrown in.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Powerpyxs trophy guide mentions huge story related bugs. Why cant games (especially sony games) get this sorted by release instead of bringing out inevitable patches later on when people have already been victim of them.

 

So many broken games recently

Supposed to be a patch tomorrow. Probably will fix a lot of things. I wouldn’t worry about it too much just yet.

 

10 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Really enjoyed it :) Think the mid-80s Metacritic is about fair. Not a masterpiece for sure but a very good game. Combat is super fun, slicing through people never gets old. World looks stunning too and I found the story and Jin to be an excellent protagonist.

 

On the flip side, there are some platforming bits that are really bad. Basically sections like Uncharted yet you may as well toss a coin to see if he'll grab the ledge or make a jump. Facial animations and voice acting is also a little underwhelming (although I just finished TLOU2 so it might not be entirely this game's fault as that's a standard setter). It's also a little buggy and side missions get really repetitive.

 

Overall though it's worth a play. It's basically Assassin's Creed: Japan with bits of Far Cry and Uncharted thrown in.

And excellent to hear

Edited by MidnightDragon
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about I wish there was a hard mode trophy and so on and so on is kind of annoying I mean if your judging a game by a trophy list then your missing out on a lot of good games. I mean people say that star ocean the last hope and resonance of fate are hard and don't play it, I mean they are hard but they are both games that are worth playing same with persona series. Just play the game for enjoyment as when trophies turn into a job then the fun is over and there is no point.

 

I think the list is easy and fun I am going to enjoy every bit of this game when I finally do get it as I won't have the money to get it on day one but I will get it at some point and I will love it a lot.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

On the flip side, there are some platforming bits that are really bad. Basically sections like Uncharted yet you may as well toss a coin to see if he'll grab the ledge or make a jump.

Thats a shame. Ign review showed a platforming section where you need to get a type of collectable. Looked decent but its one of them where you dont really know untill you play it.

33 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Overall though it's worth a play. It's basically Assassin's Creed: Japan with bits of Far Cry and Uncharted thrown in.

This is like my perfect game 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

All this talk about I wish there was a hard mode trophy and so on and so on is kind of annoying I mean if your judging a game by a trophy list then your missing out on a lot of good games. I mean people say that star ocean the last hope and resonance of fate are hard and don't play it, I mean they are hard but they are both games that are worth playing same with persona series. Just play the game for enjoyment as when trophies turn into a job then the fun is over and there is no point.

 

I think the list is easy and fun I am going to enjoy every bit of this game when I finally do get it as I won't have the money to get it on day one but I will get it at some point and I will love it a lot.

I don’t play games for trophies, i play games to have fun, and trophies are an afterthought. That being said, it’s not unreasonable to have personal criticisms about a trophy list, especially when it comes to Sony games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.