When did you first pop your playstation cherry ?

andyb712

I can't remember when I first got my Ps1.... it was on a Christmas one year and it was one of the original fat consoles :D

But I remember two games I was addicted to playing as a young Razza :D

Micro machines v3 

52384-Micro_Machines_V3_(E)-1.jpg

and Crash Bandicoot 2 Cortex Strikes Back :D

51932-Crash_Bandicoot_2_-_Cortex_Strikes

i started when the first PlayStation 2's came out & my first game was maximo, i was surprised by my dad & mum when i got back from the hospital after having my finger jammed in between 2 sharp metal doors, there blood was everywhere i even lost a little bit of my finger that day :[ that was 8 years ago though :)

Edited by ROBO3AG13
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Sorry for bumping this, but mods closed a much newer thread and linked to this one. So I guess we need to post here. 

But I honestly don't remember. It was on PS1 in 1996. I know we had games like original Need for Speed and original Tekken and the first ESPN Extreme Games. And these were back when PS1 games were still in those long, bulky cases. 

s-l400.jpg

But I don't remember which of these was my first. 

I got the PS1 the week it came out when I was about nine. The UK launch titles were kinda underwhelming though; I think mine came with WipeOut, Ridge Racer and 3D Lemmings.

I had a Sega Saturn too and I was still playing Panzer Dragoon for that so I basically ignored the PS1 up until Resident Evil came out.  

Edited by LC-Fraggers

The PS1 came out some time after I graduated high school and was the first console i ever bought.

So yeah I bought it because Final Fantasy 7 was going to be on it.

But the first two games I bought for it (because I bought both at the same time) were:

ps1_tobal_no_1_p_h0q135.jpg

I was a SquareSoft fan plus the FF7 Demo was included.

REDCNTSC.jpg

My first RE game.

Final Fantasy X-2 on PS2. I remembered when I was a kid, I usually went to a local PS2 rental store and either played PS2 there or watched someone else playing. In fact, I didn't get a Sony console until I was in high school, so most of my childhood was spent with my GBA and DS.

Pretty sure it Final Fantasy VII. Got the system for Christmas and it came with a demo disc, but no game. Dad ran to the Blockbuster and rented it for us. Then he didn't realize we needed a memory card as well. Bless him, he tried! Got pretty far on our first blind run with no saving. Stupid Dyne and having not used Barret since I had the choice.

It's been way too long for me to remember exactly, but I think the first game I ever played on PS1 was either Tomb Raider, Resident Evil or Crash Bandicoot.

Can't really say how I obtained my PS1 either. I know my mother got it for me, but I don't remember what for (probably my Birthday or Christmas), and I don't remember ever asking for it. I still remember begging my mother for a Gamecube for Luigi's Mansion, but that was later on in my childhood, so perhaps that's why I remember it more. I remember wanting the PS2 for its many exclusives and games that weren't available on Gamecube.

I do still have fond memories of playing those aforementioned PS1 games though. I probably shouldn't have been playing Resident Evil at 4 or 5, but I enjoyed it nonetheless, though I don't think I ever actually completed it until much later on, since I didn't really understand how to progress. Same goes for Tomb Raider I think. I'm pretty sure I did complete Crash though, and its sequels, and I remember 100%ing all the Spyro games on PS1, a few times over. Those games were definitely the highlight of the PS1 for me in my childhood years, I absolutely adored them and they still remain my favourite 3D platformers. I still hold out hope for a Spyro 4 some day (like Crash 4: It's About Time, I know there's technically already a Spyro "4", but most of the games after the original trilogy were hot garbage).

I hated on Sony hard due to the Lik Sang incident and Played Saturn

With that said, I bought a boxed and chipped Playstation around 96? First games where Tomb Raider and Res Evil though I didn't really play it until FF7. I mean I was hooked on Saturns rpg's and particularly the SMT games. But FF7 changed my mind, I dreamt about this game almost every night I played it.

The PS1 was my very first console and I never really looked back.

I was about 10 or 11 when Xenogears came out and that RPG just blew me away.   The story and plot was just completely insane and it still remains my favorite game of all time.   Ironically enough, that was pretty much the last JRPG I ever played (all others simply don't appeal to me) and fast-forward to GTA:San Andreas on the PS2 and GTA IV and Skyrim on the PS3, I've preferred Western RPGs ever since. (Yes, I consider the GTA series to be RPGs).

Edited by SecularIX

When I was growing up as a kid in the 1990s I played a random PS1 game at someone's house that my sister was friends with. Couldn't tell you the game, I just remember having a PS1 controller in my hands.

I didn't get into PlayStation until 2004ish. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was the first game I played, holds a lot of warm memories and nostalgia. Was also one of the first open world games I ever played. A year later, my sister bought me God of War as a present around 2005ish. To this day it remains one of my favorite PS2 games.

I also played Devil May Cry and a slew of other games, mostly by renting them because as a 17 - 18 year old kid I didn't have much income.

Haven't stuck to PlayStation as long as some people here but I have to say Sony left a pretty big first impression on me.

• Like 1

I got my PS1 a little under halfway through it's lifespan. Young enough that there were still lots of good things on the horizon yet to come, old enough that many of the RPGs I wanted to get were impossible to get. The system was one of the warehouse bundles. For those of you who don't know what that means, warehouse stores, like Toys-R-Us and Costco, used to sell systems as bundles. It would be the system, an extra controller and a game, sometimes a guide as well. You'd get it as a bundle, the price was lower. Meaning console was at MSRP, while you got upsold on the controller and game. Not unlike holiday bundles you see these days, but theoretically better priced.

I'm racking my brain to remember what game came with the system. All my PS1 games are actually in a bin not four feet away from my current position, I just don't want to get up for it. The first game I played, however, was a gift from a different family member, Monster Rancher 2. That same holiday, the first game I bought with my own money was Jade Cocoon.

Spyro the Dragon on PS1 in 1998. It was my Dad's console and game, but when he saw how interested I was in watching him play it he let me try it too. Over 20 years later and he still frequently introduces me to new games.

Edited by Vrisnem