What do you think will be the last major PS4 release before next gen ?

Cloudbahamut

10 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Playstation-only titles are different.  They are trying to drive the purchase of a new console.

EA, Activision (Call of Duty), Ubisoft, etc, will continue to release on both for couple of years.

Resident Evil 8 is not a Playstation-only title.

28 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Resident Evil 8 is not a Playstation-only title.

3 of the 4 you mentioned that I was replying to as Spider-man, Horizon, Gran Turismo are.

If you think most third-party AAA titles are going to shift to PS5 only, you weren’t paying attention to the transition from PS3 to PS4.

I expect a lot from Japan will still come out on PS4 for 2 or 3 years. Like Tales of Zestiria came out 2015, Resident Evil Revelations 2 2015, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2015, One Piece PW3 2015, Metal Gear Solid V 2015 (Prob biggest game post 2014), Yakuza 5 2015, Yakuza Kiwami 2016, Dragon Quest Builders 2016, Tales of Bersaria 2016, Persona 5 2017.

And other non Japanese, Battlefield Hardline 2015, Lego Jurrasic World, Lego Dimensons, Guitar Hero Live, Cod Blops 3 2015, Lego Avengers 2016, TMNT 2016. 

So yah I expect the same this gen if not more delayed since Backwards compatibility and PS5 wont sell as fast as PS4 did meaning less reason to jump ship as fast. So my guess for last (Non sports/Yearly released) game is Yakuza 8 (or whatever next Yakuza is) or the next Tales of game (after Arise).

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

3 of the 4 you mentioned that I was replying to as Spider-man, Horizon, Gran Turismo are.

If you think most third-party AAA titles are going to shift to PS5 only, you weren’t paying attention to the transition from PS3 to PS4.

Most third party AAA titles DID shift to PS4 only after the PS4 launch. I already named dozens of examples: Mortal Kombat, God of War, Injustice, Batman, Tomb Raider, Tekken, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy ....literally every major IP shifted to PS4 only after that console launched. So maybe you are the one who needs to pay some fucking attention.

6 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Most third party AAA titles DID shift to PS4 only after the PS4 launch. I already named dozens of examples: Mortal Kombat, God of War, Injustice, Batman, Tomb Raider, Tekken, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy ....literally every major IP shifted to PS4 only after that console launched. So maybe you are the one who needs to pay some fucking attention.

Most?  Only if you conveniently ignore the myriad of EA/EA Sports/2K/Activision/Ubisoft/etc games already listed throughout this thread.

Forget it, your mind is already made up.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:56 PM, SirensSalvation said:

The new one from Supermassive Games (the second game in the Dark Pictures Anthology by the creators of Man of Medan) is being released December 31.

I prefer Until Dawn. I will have to buy a VR if I want to play that other Until Dawn game... probably won't bother with it at this point.

On 15/07/2020 at 7:37 AM, Cloudbahamut said:

Were the PS3 and PS4 similar to each other? No they weren’t. PS3 was very hard to develop on so most devs just jumped over to PS4 only. This generation it’s going to be different because PS4 and PS5 have the same architecture. It doesn’t take much effort for devs to develop a PS4 game and upgrade it to a PS5 game. Microsoft have said that they will release their first party games on Xbox One for at least 2 years into the XSX lifecycle and Sony have said they will support the PS4 gen for like 2-3 more years. So there are going to be plenty if games coming to PS4. Also the jump in graphics between PS4 to PS5 is just not that big whereas this jump was definitely very big from PS3 to PS4. Another reason why the devs moved onto PS4 only. 

• Like 1

Hopefully they will be the last. I don’t believe in cross gen games as it limits what is possible on an expensive new system. I do understand that 3rd party devs obviously have little choice, but first party should be giving us software not possible on the older platforms.

37 minutes ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Were the PS3 and PS4 similar to each other? No they weren’t. PS3 was very hard to develop on so most devs just jumped over to PS4 only. This generation it’s going to be different because PS4 and PS5 have the same architecture. It doesn’t take much effort for devs to develop a PS4 game and upgrade it to a PS5 game. Microsoft have said that they will release their first party games on Xbox One for at least 2 years into the XSX lifecycle and Sony have said they will support the PS4 gen for like 2-3 more years. So there are going to be plenty if games coming to PS4. Also the jump in graphics between PS4 to PS5 is just not that big whereas this jump was definitely very big from PS3 to PS4. Another reason why the devs moved onto PS4 only. 

The jump in tech between PS4 and 5 is far larger than between 3 and 4. No question. The largest difference won’t be in graphics though (apart from lighting and 4K) but rather in speed.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, Cloudbahamut said:

We have Assassins Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk coming out in November. Do you think those will be the last two AAA releases ever for the PS4 before all new major games come out on PS5 ? Do you think there will be some major games releasing for PS4 and PS5 in 2021 ? Because so far all major new game announcements (Spider-Man: MM, RE 8, Gran Turismo 7, Horizon 2 etc.) for 2021 and beyond seem to be PS5 only.

Hitman 3 coming in january is coming out on ps4.

On 15/07/2020 at 2:54 AM, Cloudbahamut said:

As for sports games - I was expecting the 22 games (Fifa 22, NHL 22 etc.) to only come out for the new consoles next year. You think games like Fifa 22 will still come out on PS4 ? Seems unlikely.

Well, you can buy Fifa 19 on ps3

I am not sure which game will be the last game, period. However, various games have been marketed for both current, and next generation, such as the next Madden game, next NBA game, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, etc.

Those will be the last, and, in my opinion, they are all going to suffer the same fate as the games that released on two generations back when the PS4 was first released.

9 hours ago, SirensSalvation said:

I think it got pushed back because of COVID.

TNt6kZ1.png

I could be incorrect, but I am pretty sure that the release date is just a placeholder.

On 16/07/2020 at 5:03 AM, Lance_87 said:

Hopefully Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2. I'm dying to see more FF7R.

I dont think FF7R part will be out before 2023. While i do enjoy SquareEnix, they've had a tough development history and start/stops, change engines, change stories etc. None of the long waits ever truly felt worth it. FF7 did but then you KNEW its back to a waiting game. Hopefully its much sooner. But who even knows if they make this 3, or 4 games or be stupid and go for 5...

KH 3 struggled development didnt it?

FF Versus 13 to FFXV being changed entirely...

FF7Remake taking forever. 

6 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I dont think FF7R part will be out before 2023. While i do enjoy SquareEnix, they've had a tough development history and start/stops, change engines, change stories etc. None of the long waits ever truly felt worth it. FF7 did but then you KNEW its back to a waiting game. Hopefully its much sooner. But who even knows if they make this 3, or 4 games or be stupid and go for 5...

KH 3 struggled development didnt it?

FF Versus 13 to FFXV being changed entirely...

FF7Remake taking forever. 

I highly doubt they will actually release the next parts on PS4

They will most likely remake it or make the PS4 version supported on PS5 then do the next game exclusively on there. Kinda what Sony did with the God of War series. Next game is next gen but rereleases previous ones for people to play the story through.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I highly doubt they will actually release the next parts on PS4

They will most likely remake it or make the PS4 version supported on PS5 then do the next game exclusively on there. Kinda what Sony did with the God of War series. Next game is next gen but rereleases previous ones for people to play the story through.

im well aware part 2 is not coming to ps4. my point was it'll take forever for part 2 to even release 

• 3 months later...