Remember Pool from Yakuza 3 Remastered?

FearElemental

That's right folks! It's back, and just as finicky as ever! Seems the Remaster Developers thought Pool was too easy in the PS3 version. ?

It's not going to stop me getting the Platinum though. I just thought I should put out a small warning about this feature. For those going for the Platinum, I wish you luck an encouragement. 

I didn't find it as bad as Yakuza 3 although I still had to get lucky at times for when the AI made a mistake. And at least they don't want you to go against the Expert AI this time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The OP is not accurate.

The AI is still generally unforgiving and there is the stick drift present similar to Yakuza 3 but it seems to me not as bad. Maybe 1/2 as much.

I got through all pool tasks in a couple hours.

Rotation Pool can be challenging due to RNG.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I’m finding it actually worse than 3 myself. My controller is a little more broken in since then and zeroing in on the straight back is way harder. I have no idea why they made the right stick do anything other than force control. If the ball went where i aimed it every time I’d be fine but with the subtle curving caused by the stick the shot line is just a suggestion more than what will happen. I may have to buy a new controller just to get past this.

• 2 months later...

I think that Y5 pool is worse than Y3, just because the pool theme is pretty annoying (is the same as that ridiculous hostess manager minigame), and i didn't found the Yakuza 5 advanced difficulty spike too bigger than Expert Yakuza 3.

In Y3, at least we can chill with the Aqua Sky music.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna rant. Screw Sega, screw RGG Studios, and screw anyone in QA/QC who thought it was ok to let this abomination go out the door. I'm on a brand new controller. Literally less than a week old when I started Yakuza, and it still won't shoot straight. This is utter crap, and while I may not have to beat expert. I now have to do frigging puzzle pool.

Edit: Beat it less than an hour after. Who said raging doesn't help anything??

Edited by Moridin83
  • Like 2