The "We Own the Night" trophy is a perfect of example of bad stealth for the sake of stealth

Seriously, the stealth in this game is atrocious. Even if nobody calls for backup this trophy will not unlock. It requires you to dance around and try this mission a thousand times before it feels kind enough to give it to you - even if you did it with 100% stealth. The only other game that has stealth as bad as this one is probably Uncharted 2. But at least that one didn't force you to master it for a trophy. I might genuinely give up on this platinum because of how infuriatingly bad the stealth is in this game. Which is a shame, cause im one trophy away from the platinum. 

4 hours ago, Shenka said:

Seriously, the stealth in this game is atrocious. Even if nobody calls for backup this trophy will not unlock. It requires you to dance around and try this mission a thousand times before it feels kind enough to give it to you - even if you did it with 100% stealth. The only other game that has stealth as bad as this one is probably Uncharted 2. But at least that one didn't force you to master it for a trophy. I might genuinely give up on this platinum because of how infuriatingly bad the stealth is in this game. Which is a shame, cause im one trophy away from the platinum. 

I know it is bs and annoying but I would say just follow a video to the tee to make sure you do get it, as I done it own my own and for some reason it never popped so when I followed a video and did what they did I got the trophy it was dum and bs but yeah

• 2 weeks later...

How can you compare the stealth of "We Own the Night" to that stupid and ridiculous enemies' AI of Uncharted 2, all Naughty Dog games are silly and full of bugs, of course enemies can spot you easily in Uncharted.

This trophy is extremely easy, it's a realistic attitude how law enforcement and military have to be stealth to not compromise the mission. Maybe has been patched and difficulty increased, but in the D1 release week, I did it on my second try.

Yeah I didn't think it was that hard honestly. I got it on my veteran run. Just be super cautious and you're golden. Make sure you're not taking out enemies in the middle of a road, breaking windows, sprinting in popular areas, taking out lightpoles etc.

And remember [No Russian]: headshots, headshots, headshots!

Got it on my first try as well, maybe I was lucky I don’t know..  Enjoyed the mission (and all of the missions as they provided a great variety of gameplay).

This game handles stealth better than something like Assassin’s Creed where there feels like it is only scripted patterns to follow.  Here, you have more leeway to go about it how you like and it is welcomed.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Got it on my first try as well, maybe I was lucky I don’t know..  Enjoyed the mission (and all of the missions as they provided a great variety of gameplay).

This game handles stealth better than something like Assassin’s Creed where there feels like it is only scripted patterns to follow.  Here, you have more leeway to go about it how you like and it is welcomed.

For me the stealth in and of itself isnt bad - like on a gameplay level its fine. Its the trophy's refusal to unlock, even though enemies never called for back up or saw me (as far as I could tell, cause obviously the system logged that they did). My first time playing the level I did not mind the mission at all, its only when factoring in the trophy that it became annoying.

1 hour ago, Shenka said:

For me the stealth in and of itself isnt bad - like on a gameplay level its fine. Its the trophy's refusal to unlock, even though enemies never called for back up or saw me (as far as I could tell, cause obviously the system logged that they did). My first time playing the level I did not mind the mission at all, its only when factoring in the trophy that it became annoying.

I definitely agree, it would be an annoying trophy to continually repeat.

• 1 month later...

I got this on my first attempt (by "attempt" I mean attempt to actually get the trophy, not simply to complete the mission) and without using a video guide.

Looking at the trophy description, I thought it would be tough but it's really easy. You just have to be thorough, circle the perimeter and don't interrogate any hostages as that spawns more enemies. You also don't have to kill any guys that are not in those 3 specific locations.