NIS Does it Again

So far, this is great! Here's a video of gameplay from the first 25 minutes or so of the game, for those interested.

And a livestream with more details regarding crafting and managing your little human pet.

Current pros and cons, a couple hours in:

++Soundtrack

+Compelling story

+Good balance of risk versus reward

+Permanent upgrades unlocked simply from completing story tasks

+Simulation aspects of decorating your own terrarium and managing the health of Toriko

-RNG can be mean i.e Some games will let your bring supplies into the dungeon with you, whereas Void Terrarium requires you to use only what you find inside. Luck may vary.

-A bit slow to pick up steam in terms of action (not a negative to me, but it's something to think about)

I'll be posting a LE box set unboxing video--

--as well as a review

Phew. Thanks for reading/watching!

Edited by Shikikan_Dawn
Details, added links
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Whoa, looks awesome.

They do good work ?

10 hours ago, Masamune said:

I remember seeing the name a while back & thinking someone must've just punched a keyboard to come up with that name. xD I do like a good dungeon crawler though, so I'll probably check it out sooner or later. :hmm:

This is the same team behind htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary xD I couldn't tell you what the hell either title means. Love dungeon crawlers myself, especially the cutest kind like this. I think the Great Curry God was the last one I played with chibi sprites like this.

10 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I've never seen RNG being mean as a negative in my life 

To each his own. I hate when I have a good thing going and BAM game over because there weren't any batteries spawned. To be fair, Void Terrarium is pretty forgiving in that you don't necessarily lose anything. Whatever was in your inventory becomes nutrients/materials for crafting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I love rng based games rogue legacy is one of my favorite games and risk of rain 2.

It does suck when rng doesn't play in your favor I'm not always the luckiest but I never see it as a fault moreover mechanics that I knew I was getting into to overcome. 

Its what can make those games so appealing since luck and skill are required to beat said game. 

Although I don't think luck mixes with everything but here it doesn't seem too bad or sadistic haha 

I actually haven't played Risk of Rain 1/2. It's on a long list of backlog. You've got that right. As forgiving as this is about a game over, I think the platinum should be relatively easy if you're patient (and lucky).

Btw, Yukikaze is amazing. One of my top Sakura Empire Kansen x)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Yukikaze is life! And you should play risk of rain 1 it's way more forgiving to get into 

If we had her incredible luck, roguelikes would be easy. Lol. Alrighty, I'll give it a shot!

Played a bit more Void Terrarium on stream today and the crafting/decorating elements are pretty sweet.

• Like 1