Question: Plus games saves after years without Plus

GoonerLukeThe

18 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Really hate this about the PS3. At least nothing on PS4 seems to be copy protected, at least not what I've come across in my 300-ish games on there so far.

Yeah there are many PS3 copy-protected savegames, you can't even imagine. IIRC, things like Bayonetta, Armored Core V/Verdict Day, Need for Speed Undercover, Gran Turismo 5 and 6 (only the backups, not the actual saves), 3D Dot Game Heroes (only the system data IIRC) and many, many others. They started doing this crap on PSP with savegames tied to consoles (i.e. Gran Turismo, Super Stardust Portable, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection). Only pirates probably are capable to copy the PS3 saves to external devices. That will be the greatest loss (after the free games, of course) if they're ever going to disable Plus support on PS3 one day.

Sony tried to compensate the lack of copy-protection on PS4 by making certain savegames HUGE lol.

Edited by Lance_87

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Yeah there are many PS3 copy-protected savegames, you can't even imagine. IIRC, things like Bayonetta, Armored Core V/Verdict Day, Need for Speed Undercover, Gran Turismo 5 and 6 (only the backups, not the actual saves), 3D Dot Game Heroes (only the system data IIRC) and many, many others. They started doing this crap on PSP with savegames tied to consoles (i.e. Gran Turismo, Super Stardust Portable, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection). Only pirates probably are capable to copy the PS3 saves to external devices. That will be the greatest loss (after the free games, of course) if they're ever going to disable Plus support on PS3 one day.

Sony tried compensate the lack of copy-protection on PS4 by making certain savegames HUGE lol.

Sony ending PS Plus support for the PS3 and removing cloud saves is what worries me the most, more than them just disabling your ability to sync trophies or even forcing you to buy any PS Plus games you have. I have tons of copy protected saves on there, and in hindsight, I know I likely won't ever play those games again, but I still like keeping my saves both as a memento of sorts, and also just in case I ever do want to use those saves again. There's been plenty of times I didn't think I'd ever play a certain game or use an old console again or something, and I have eventually gone back to them.

I have nearly 19GB of save data on the PS4, and I'm gonna have to assume PS5 saves are gonna be even bigger eventually.

• Like 1