Is the platinum still obtainable?

Today I just started this game and I am for certain on getting single-player trophies. Some of the multiplayer trophies are extreme while the join a friend trophy looks like it can’t be achieved. Is it worth going for the trophies in multiplayer at my current state or any new player state?

I'd personally say it isn't obtainable due to With My Devil Dogs and should be marked as such (in my opinion). It hasn't been unlocked by a single person in 3 months and if you take out the group batch in March, it has only been obtained by a couple of people in the last year. Who knows how they did it! I know someone who tried for months for it but to no avail.

Unless you're a Battlefield veteran, I wouldn't recommend the multiplayer aspect of the game. The ones that are left live in the game and have years and years of experience and are literally the top guys on the leaderboard so would most likely annihilate you with ease. That being said, managing to knife them is an incredibly sweet feeling and almost worth the frustration of "getting good."

Edited by Cyvnyde
  • Like 3

Is the platinum still obtainable?

Well, that is a tough one, kind of. Personally, I started to hunt the platinum in March '19 and by now I got every online trophy except the infamous With My Devil Dogs. Theoretically, it should be obtainable (if you look at the "last achievers" list) and some of the recent achievers explained how they got it (in private or here in the forums) and many of the explanations seemed reasonable. However, I'm trying to get this trophy for nearly 1.5 years now and must've played over 600 matches fulfilling the requirement, trying everything one could possibly imagine, I guess, and never got the trophy - this is a rough estimate, but I started to change my dummies I'm using for this trophy exclusively and all of them got the 100 matches trophy by now. I'm not saying that the recent achievers cheated, but I'm saying that it's very luck-based and kind of unlikely to unlock the trophy, as it seems.

However, if you like Battlefield games, you should probably give it a go. Despite the "god players" - they can really suck out the fun, but it's even more rewarding to overwhelm them, as @Cyvnyde mentioned - BC1 is still fun to play in my opinion. And you'll see more people from the forums here you'd imagine. :D You can definitely get at least half of the awards by legit playing, that's what I did last year. If you do care about 100% completion you probably shouldn't start but personally I still hold a hope the trophy will unlock finally, and if that's true you will be glad you started. I think you'd miss out a great (singleplayer) experience if you'd skip BC1.

• Like 2

i agree with some people, if u want you can play it with a alt and enjoy the story because the godlike randoms are super toxic in this game, it took me nearly 11 years to finish it because the randoms hate boosters and will team kill you if you try. there is players that still play this game and have  that over 500k of kills in the years they played , all the mp is obtainable besides the with my devil dogs which is glitched to a point ea wont fix it. if you do start it good luck. 

7 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

I'd personally say it isn't obtainable due to With My Devil Dogs and should be marked as such (in my opinion). It hasn't been unlocked by a single person in 3 months and if you take out the group batch in March, it has only been obtained by a couple of people in the last year. Who knows how they did it! I know someone who tried for months for it but to no avail.

Unless you're a Battlefield veteran, I wouldn't even recommend the multiplayer aspect of the game. The ones that are left live in the game and have years and years of experience and are literally the top guys on the leaderboard so would most likely annihilate you with ease. That being said, managing to knife them is an incredibly sweet feeling and almost worth the frustration of "getting good."

true that, i managed to knife madkiller 30 and dannyboy 83 who is top 3 on the leader beards, felt so good to knife them and get dog tag. 

Edited by lucky0ne16

Ya I love the bad company titles but this game is so old that it’s just so broken. I’m a battlefield vet but I feel like trash when the first match I joined in over 8 years, I get quick scoped by the same dude over and over and over again. Other than that rush was pretty fun but not as good as bfbc2 in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This Platinum Trophy is virtually unobtainable and requires an insane amount of luck or a time machine. The squad function in the game is broken, so you aren't even guaranteed to get into a squad with your friend if you join with that intention. If, somehow, you get lucky enough to be randomly placed into a squad with your friend, you are still not guaranteed for the trophy to pop, because something is preventing the trophy requirements from being met. Whether that is the game's servers being so degraded that they fail to communicate with Sony and the trophy system to tell it to pop, or whether the broken functionality of the squad in game is preventing the trophy requirements from being met at all is up for debate. All that is known is that, within the last year, the only proven legitimate people who have gotten this trophy are a group of Brazilians who got very lucky because the servers decided to work for their specific situation, and they all got it on March 20th, 2020. The Devil Dogs thread under this game has more details (including testimony from those Brazilians on how they did it), but its all dumb luck, and I think this game should at least have a big asterisk next to it as being mostly unobtainable due to this trophy that is as good as impossible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes, as of January 2023 this platinum is 100% obtainable. The trophy "With my Devil Dogs" can easily be done with a second console or a friend that has NAT type 1. The grind is insane but with a dedicated boosting group this platinum can be obtained. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:32 PM, aceman131 said:

Yes, as of January 2023 this platinum is 100% obtainable. The trophy "With my Devil Dogs" can easily be done with a second console or a friend that has NAT type 1. The grind is insane but with a dedicated boosting group this platinum can be obtained. 

How many players in a group needed to boost the online trophies?