Online play issues

So I opened a session to get the exclusive skill to the online mode, tried to play with an user from the UK (I'm from Spain) and we couldn't join a room. First he invited me, yet I always got the failed to connect message, then I created a room to invite him, and same on his side, while in the room after I send the invite I see the message "player has avandoned the room" yet he never got inside, probably this is displayed after he gets the error. We've tried with quick match, and we can see each other rooms yet when we try to enter we get the same result as with the invites, failed to connect after loading for a few seconds.

We've checked the game box and both copies are 'Region 2'. Could it be the servers are down? Also I've noticed when I created a room it displays my region, which is Spain, so could it be it is locked to country? I don't play many online games so I don't know if such a degree of region lock is possible. As far as I know the only thing that should matter is the game region, like, if I buy a Japanese game I'd be playing the Japanese servers on my Spain PSN account. So yeah, we're having this issue and I don't know if it's the servers that went down, any of us having connection issues or the game in fact being locked by PSN account region which I don't know if that's even possible.

Thanks for the help!

The game is not region locked, as long as both players are playing the Pirate Warriors or Kaizoku Musou you'll be fine. Also, i had the same problem when i tried to boost with a person who wanted the online skill too, so i don't know if it's the online servers or it's connection issues between players. 

• Like 1

So I had the opportunity to play with other players and I can confirm two things. First, the online works totally fine, and second, is not region locked, as the first person I played with -after the errors with the first user- was from Spain like me, but the second which I just finished a match with is from Brazil.

So the only issues happened with the first user, everything works perfectly fine!

Edited by YonahFuriae