Here's a Superhot: Mind Control Delete trophy guide and roadmap

8 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Any missables?

No missables!

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Awesome, thank you! I loved the first two games and even wrote the VR guide. 

You're welcome! I just looked at the guide and saw your name there so I guess I used it to mop up some of those trophies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

lol the 8 hour wait is to see who are the trophy hunters. I cant imagine a normal/casual gamer leaving his system on for that long. 

Ty for the guide. I'll do it on a free weekend:)

At first, I thought it would be like a few minutes. But nope. Eight hours. They really do want to test your commitment.

You're welcome! Have fun.

1 hour ago, SecondGenesis said:

Wow, thanks! Might do this next actually

Yeah if you're not picking up Ghost of Tsushima, then this is a good one to burn a weekend on.

6 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

At first, I thought it would be like a few minutes. But nope. Eight hours. They really do want to test your commitment.

You're welcome! Have fun.

Yeah if you're not picking up Ghost of Tsushima, then this is a good one to burn a weekend on.

Yeah, not grabbing GoT anytime soon :)

• Like 1

Gotta plead ignorant and ask a dumb question. I own the original game on PSN but it's not letting me download the new stuff for free. Did I have to own the bundle of both the regular and VR versions or does just owning the regular version matter? Any body have any idea?

34 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Gotta plead ignorant and ask a dumb question. I own the original game on PSN but it's not letting me download the new stuff for free. Did I have to own the bundle of both the regular and VR versions or does just owning the regular version matter? Any body have any idea?

I went on the ps store to see if it was free but it wasn't, I checked my library and superhot MCD was already in my library so it's worth checking there, if it's not you can email   [email protected] and get in touch with them

On 7/16/2020 at 3:02 AM, Chaos_Bladez said:

Seeing as though I was the first to get the platinum after my review, I figured I should make a trophy guide for it. It's a fairly easy platinum and exponentially easier that the other two Superhot games. 

Here's the guide.

Nice thanks for this. The invisible enemies are a pain haha

1 hour ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I'm sure they said any version or bundle gets you the game. I had the game and be bundle originally and this new game showed up in my library. There's a way to contact them with proof of purchase I think 

2 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

I went on the ps store to see if it was free but it wasn't, I checked my library and superhot MCD was already in my library so it's worth checking there, if it's not you can email   [email protected] and get in touch with them

1 hour ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

I'm sure they said any version or bundle gets you the game. I had the game and be bundle originally and this new game showed up in my library. There's a way to contact them with proof of purchase I think 

Appreciate it guys. Turns out it was in my library. Weird way of doing it instead of having us download it, but glad it's there. Thanks again y'all. 

Thanks for this. Seems straightforward. I haven't played SUPERHOT before (although I'm familiar with the premise and aesthetic) so some questions just about the gameplay if you don't mind, just considering there isn't much information out yet...thanks in advance if you can answer these!

- How does progression work in Mind Control Delete? I'm guessing the 'nodes' are the levels you can select, and different symbols correspond to different levels, with X being 'main levels'? (Sorry if this question seems stupid). 

- Appreciate the trophies/achievements are easy, but is level to level progression complex at all? Namely, are players going to get stuck without a guide, or is it basically more SUPERHOT linear gameplay?

- If your game was to switch off during the 8 hour run for the final achievement, would it be an issue? Or would you just revert?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Thanks for this. Seems straightforward. I haven't played SUPERHOT before (although I'm familiar with the premise and aesthetic) so some questions just about the gameplay if you don't mind, just considering there isn't much information out yet...thanks in advance if you can answer these!

- How does progression work in Mind Control Delete? I'm guessing the 'nodes' are the levels you can select, and different symbols correspond to different levels, with X being 'main levels'? (Sorry if this question seems stupid). 

- Appreciate the trophies/achievements are easy, but is level to level progression complex at all? Namely, are players going to get stuck without a guide, or is it basically more SUPERHOT linear gameplay?

- If your game was to switch off during the 8 hour run for the final achievement, would it be an issue? Or would you just revert?

The Superhot games are awesome. I vastly prefer vanilla and VR Superhot but MCD is fine, too (it just goes on for far too long).

-Yeah, you have to beat the nodes. I think some are optional but you'll be missing out on very useful abilities.

-You won't really get stuck without a guide for most of them if you do all the levels, but the descriptions are very vague and can cause confusion. For example, I didn't know you had to find one terminal and almost tried to beat the 100-level challenge instead.

-My PS4 went into rest mode once on accident during the 8-hour progress bar and I didn't lose anything. However, you should still turn off your console's power save settings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

For the 8 hour trophy would changing your consoles time settings work?

I don't think so, it seems to be an 8-hour animation and system time most likely doesn't have any effect on it. However, I didn't try it myself but someone else might have.

Edited by l33sar54
Word

On 7/18/2020 at 3:11 PM, Vern3r0z said:

anyone else feel like the  game is kinda boring? Nothing but the same levels over and over. Or is this supposed to be some artistic take on violence is bad?

I don't think the game is boring but it is way, way too long. 

For me, it follows the trend of commentary the other games have had. Superhot took on the need to play violent games. Superhot VR did that but for VR (or something like that... it has been a bit since I've played). And MCD is a comment on the concept of the relentless need for more, especially in the realm of ballooning video games that have tons of post-launch support, which is great since MCD is a pseudo expansion. 

Thematically, I think it works very well since that is a clever use the medium to make some fourth-wall breaking art. In practice, it is indeed more to a fault.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I don't think the game is boring but it is way, way too long. 

For me, it follows the trend of commentary the other games have had. Superhot took on the need to play violent games. Superhot VR did that but for VR (or something like that... it has been a bit since I've played). And MCD is a comment on the concept of the relentless need for more, especially in the realm of ballooning video games that have tons of post-launch support, which is great since MCD is a pseudo expansion. 

Thematically, I think it works very well since that is a clever use the medium to make some fourth-wall breaking art. In practice, it is indeed more to a fault.

My sentiment as well.

Superhot MCD gives a lot of fun powers and mixes up the formula, but it outstays its welcome. Like, it got to be a real endurance test by the end.

And that 8 hour trophy is just -

I don't know whether to be offended or impressed.

Like. Geez. I love postmodern gaming. But this is quite something. I'm not even sure what the message is here? 30 minutes would have made the point well enough without causing the player to run their platform for an absurd length of time and waste a lot of electricity. I actually thought, at first, that I needed to close the game and open it again - which would have been clever in its own way, but nah.

...oh god they've probably given Kojima an idea.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 3:11 PM, Vern3r0z said:

anyone else feel like the  game is kinda boring? Nothing but the same levels over and over. Or is this supposed to be some artistic take on violence is bad?

yeah, i can only play a node or 2 before needing to take a break