Here's a Superhot: Mind Control Delete trophy guide and roadmap

On 7/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, SpiralSage said:

Oof  at that 8 hour wait. Hopefully they patch it down to 2 hours like the PC version. Dont want to overheat my console during the middle of summer...

They just did that with a new patch ??

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 5:28 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

@AJC3317 compared to Superhot VR and Superhot, it did feel bland and repetitive, I'm not sure why . . . they added really cool powers and enemies but it still feels bland. I guess the first were more like a puzzle. The last stretch to get platinum felt really grindy.

I don't want to speak for you but I think it felt more bland because it was designed to be more repeatable and in doing so, that made it less special. Think about the levels in the other games, especially the first one. Being in the elevator and having to kill those dudes quickly. A car chasing you down an alley. MCD has none of that handcrafted feel because a lot of it is randomized like where you spawn and what enemies you see. Roguelikes often have the issue of feeling less special because of how they feel less authored and MCD is no different.

Also it does not help the game in any way shape or form when it is so long. The other two games are masterfully paced and understood that it's better to leave the player wanting more. Superhot MCD gave us MORE and even though I partially think it is a commentary on the concept of DLC and the insatiable need that gamers have for MORE, it didn't work as well in practice. It diluted the entire experience since it pointed out how samey it can feel when the levels don't seem to end.

It's why Devil May Cry would be be a significantly worse game if it was 30 hours. Pacing matters.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 1:28 PM, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Would it be ok if I transferred this guide to PSNP for the sake of convenience? I will obviously give credit where it’s appropriately due.

I don't know if you're still doing this, but I wrote a guide for this game and it will be up in the next couple days :)

• Like 2