Seasons Pass Cross Buy?

Ravie_HD

I recently thought about buying both the ps3 and the ps4 version of the game because in some forum someone told me that the seasons pass is cross buy. However he said that if you buy the ps3 version of the seasons pass it is not possible to upgrade it and that you have to buy the ps4 seasons pass (and that its then possible to "downgrade" it and use it on the ps3 version). Is that true? If it is true does it also work on Advanced Warfare?

Edited by Ravie_HD

I recently bought Advanced Warfare complete edition for PS4 and can confirm I can download all the DLC’s for the PS3 version. 

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 3

It was cross-buy for a limited time during the PS4s life. Basically you had to not only own the season pass but then activate a PS4 before May 31st 2014 and you would get the PS4 pass for free.

But the reason why they did this was different then most cross-buys. When the PS4 was released several PS3 games had a pay $10 more promotion to play the game on PS4 even though you owned a PS3 copy. To facilitate people so they didn't have to buy two season passes for the same game. They offered the PS4 one with the PS3 one for that limited time. This was due to the complicated way the PS3 disc worked with the PS4, separate files were required for download to start the game including the PS4 season pass for any dlc to be played but the PS3 disc acted as a kind of authentication to play it, and the trophies earned would still go towards only the PS3 version.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it instantaneous that buying the ps4 version unlocks the ps3 one? I just bought ghost digital hardened edition on sale and it came with the season pass went over to ps3 and it wants me to buy the season pass again... Didnt have this issue with advanced warfare what gives? 

On 6/19/2021 at 4:51 AM, KingdomHops said:

Is it instantaneous that buying the ps4 version unlocks the ps3 one? I just bought ghost digital hardened edition on sale and it came with the season pass went over to ps3 and it wants me to buy the season pass again... Didnt have this issue with advanced warfare what gives? 

Happened to me as well, I bought AW without any issues (Day Zero Edition) and have both PS3 and PS4 versions with the season pass.
Ghosts on the other hand I only managed to get the content for the PS4 version, even though it states in the product page you are eligible for a download on PS3. The absurd thing is with the season pass you get a map called FreeFall...god knows why but THAT MAP DOES SHOW UP IN MY PS3 DOWNLOAD LIST!!!!! like what?

I tried to contact Sony and they said something along the lines "Oh you are right you do need to get it for the PS3 as well, but you'll have to talk to Activision since they provide you with the licenses for the game". I sent a support ticket on the 13/6 and I have yet to receive a reply from Activison.

• 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

So is there a clear answer to this? I am hoping if i buy the PS4 season pass i would get the PS3 DLC as well?

I bought the season pass in 2016 on the ps4, and it only gave me the ps4 maps, no ps3 maps in my download list. It did work for advanced warfare however

• Like 1

This is making me wonder if there's a regional difference since we have prior posters in this thread that it worked for. I've been told earlier today from somebody in NA that buying the PS4 Ghosts season pass did not give them access to the PS3 pass. Not sure where the above people are based out of for the accounts they used that worked, though.

• Like 1

I bought the seasons pass once and got it for both versions. I think with Advanced Warfare i got the Gold Edition on PS4 and the seasons pass that came with it was usable on ps3 (disc) too. With Ghosts i bought the seasons pass in the ingame store and it worked on both versions as well (though i don't remember if i bought the seasons pass on ps3 or ps4)

• Like 1

I am using a European account (Turkey specifically) and in the PS4 store, it says: "PS3: One-time fee for use of downloads on up to 2 activated ps3 systems." (I would have added the picture but I do not know how to post pictures to this website). Anyway, note that this is for the Game and Season Pass bundle, not the gold edition or only the season pass. I am planning to buy this as it is on sale right now, but ngl I am scared that it may not work.

Edit: I checked out the US PSN store, and there is a statement about PS3 cross-buy for the digital hardened edition of this game. Can somebody who owns this edition confirm whether it works?

Edited by egeTURAK

10 minutes ago, egeTURAK said:

I am using a European account (Turkey specifically) and in the PS4 store, it says: "PS3: One-time fee for use of downloads on up to 2 activated ps3 systems." (I would have added the picture but I do not know how to post pictures to this website). Anyway, note that this is for the Game and Season Pass bundle, not the gold edition or only the season pass. I am planning to buy this as it is on sale right now, but ngl I am scared that it may not work.

Edit: I checked out the US PSN store, and there is a statement about PS3 cross-buy for the digital hardened edition of this game. Can somebody who owns this edition confirm whether it works?

Have a friend that tried to use the code for the ps3 hardened edition a week ago, and it had expired. Was from a new copy as well

Since i was hearing different stories about this, i tried this out myself and apparently it is cross buy. 

Here is what i did: I bought the PS4 season pass because that's the one on sale right now and like always after buying a season pass you have to claim all the DLC manually from the PS store but they should be free now. Then i booted up the PS3 store and all the DLC were in my download list.

Hope that helps anyone that still wonders about this.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I bought the NA PS3 Hardened pack after my post a few months ago. Activating the Season Pass PS3 code that came with it worked fine (I did it through the PS3--I can't remember if it was through the PS3 store or directly from within the Ghosts game) and it did give me the PS4 version as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 2:54 PM, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Since i was hearing different stories about this, i tried this out myself and apparently it is cross buy. 

Here is what i did: I bought the PS4 season pass because that's the one on sale right now and like always after buying a season pass you have to claim all the DLC manually from the PS store but they should be free now. Then i booted up the PS3 store and all the DLC were in my download list.

Hope that helps anyone that still wonders about this.

I recently purchased the advanced warfare and ghost season pass, ive only seen the advanced warfare dlc on my ps3 download list. Is there any other way to claim the dlc on ps3? I was able to claim in on ps4. When i looked at the store it seemed to be full price on ps3 still.