BumpkinPumpkin

DLC Difficulty and New Game + Trophies??

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew or believe that Naughty Dog will come out with DLC trophies requiring you to beat the game on the hardest difficulty or New Game +. I haven’t picked up the game yet because Sony tends to do this with their exclusives and I don’t want to play this game multiple times. Thoughts? 

Naughty Dog said they're aren't planning to, but I've heard there's talks about things. I think they're playing with the concept of adding MP in the future too. Whether that's going to be a PS5 thing, I don't know. 

Edited by Riszcky

I would hope so. The first TLOU was extremely good on grounded mode. But i would never play it without a throphy at the end

I think there is a chance that they will release a Grounded difficulty, however I believe that they wouldn't have a trophy tied to it because they made sure to add a lot of accessibility options and did not tie any trophy in the base list to a difficulty setting.

From what I understand they confirmed that a MP mode is coming, I assume that will come with its share of trophies, but it may have its own list based on their own tweet:

6 hours ago, SealedCard said:

I think there is a chance that they will release a Grounded difficulty, however I believe that they wouldn't have a trophy tied to it because they made sure to add a lot of accessibility options and did not tie any trophy in the base list to a difficulty setting.

From what I understand they confirmed that a MP mode is coming, I assume that will come with its share of trophies, but it may have its own list based on their own tweet:

Yeah, I’ve heard this about the MP. I believe it will be a separate list, sort of like the Resident Evil 3 / Resistance scenario. And that inclusivity thing makes me feel better. Honestly, if they did add a Grounded mode, I probably should have a play thru so my weapons and gear have upgrades. 

Seems to me like Factions will be made into a standalone game like Lost Legacy, except multiplayer.

7 hours ago, SealedCard said:

I REALLY hope that Factions has its own platinum/trophy list. I would LOVE that :)

Moreso just hoping it doesn't get shafted like some titles and doesn't even get trophies.

Here is a related poll I conducted.  You see a wide distribution in answers on whether there will be DLC trophies and in what form that might take.

Edited by djb5f