Wow, this is a real game?!

SadisticSymphony

4 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I assume you mean Islam. It only makes sense they would exclude that since so many people hate muslims and that would only make it worse, it is a touchy subject. Either way I find it disrespectful to put prophets in a game like this, I wouldn’t mind if it was educational like they do a lot with Greek Gods. But this is just looking for trouble.

It would cause a negative reaction among Muslims who then would cause those against Islam to say they're right about Muslim intolerance which then converts people more to their side. Not having the negative reaction would actually hurt the anti-Islam cause, but no one it seems wants to take that risk.

Only way you can work Allah into something right now is by having him, Yahweh, and so forth be just names for the Demiurge. So you could then have Allah in without pointing out that you've got him in the work. Of course... the Demiurge while conceived by some Greeks as a good being, or at least simply an aloof figure, was also conceived around at the same time as an evil being and that generally is the version that people use.

People, people, you should save the naked streamer girl commentaries for when Gamer Girl trophy list for PS4 will be launched! You will run out of ammo until then xD 

This is a thread about how badly the gods are depicted in this lazy ass game (not like I wasn't the one who derailed it in the first place lol)

Also despite the devs not being the sharpest tools in the shed when making this game, it's actually good they didn't depict the "other" religion. Past events in Europe(specifically France) showed that it's not the smartest thing to do, there's no debating there.

OK it looks like:

- Jesus has been replaced with "Saint"

- Moses has been replaced with "Wisdom"

- Buddha has been replaced with "Zen"

- Muhammad was never in the game at all

Islam (debatably) prohibits visual depictions of the prophet Muhammad, while Christianity super doesn't do the same for Jesus; it could be as simple as that.

Interesting how they have rebranded characters to avoid controversy, and yet the "censorship in games" crowd isn't complaining. Gee I wonder why? ?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

OK it looks like:

Islam (debatably) prohibits visual depictions of the prophet Muhammad, while Christianity super doesn't do the same for Jesus; it could be as simple as that.

Interesting how they have rebranded characters to avoid controversy, and yet the "censorship in games" crowd isn't complaining. Gee I wonder why? 1f61b.png

I found it funny that even a game on meme level like this one, censors jesus, moses and buddha in the trophies.

Even funnier that they did not censor it in game. atleast in the vids that I have seen.

Maybe Sony does have a trophy quality control. Only in censorship though. :awesome:

Edited by Bumperklever

20 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

OK it looks like:

Interesting how they have rebranded characters to avoid controversy, and yet the "censorship in games" crowd isn't complaining. Gee I wonder why? 1f61b.png

Didn’t know about it. Consider this an official complaint into the void.

27 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

OK it looks like:

Interesting how they have rebranded characters to avoid controversy, and yet the "censorship in games" crowd isn't complaining. Gee I wonder why? ?

Just enough to be edgy without having enough balls to go all the way into blasphemy. How ironic that the religion that has been at war with the world since it's inception, and responsible for almost every major war (Including WWI and WWII) the world has seen since the 8th century, isn't included because it would be offensive to them.

Anyway, the developers missed out on some great opportunities because of either their lack of religious knowledge or diversity. Including Buddha, who preached the principle of ahimsa (nonviolence), is such a loss. They might as well have included Mahavira (most recent Jainist Tirthankara) in there as well, given him a small broom and only allowed him to gently sweep the ground in front of him (Jainists abhor all violence and go out of their way to clear small insects from their path as they walk).

Anyway, they missed some real prime opportunities...The Archangel Michael with his Blazing Sword...Lucifer in all his pre-banishment glory then you could have the DLC with the alternative post-banishment add-on costume. The meek David vs. mighty Goliath. The Har Gobind and/or Gobind Rai (Singh) of Sikh fame. That's just off the top o' me head.,.,,

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

OK it looks like:

The Iconoclastics were a pretty major Christian group that did ban such depictions of Jesus and others. Christians taking issue with portrayals isn't as strange as people think, they'd have form in doing so.

??? I'm anti-censorship and I do think it is wrong. It's frankly insulting as everyone knows the truth.

48 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Cleaned up the thread a bit. If you want to talk about gamer girls, sexuality, and whatnot, take it to a PM. It literally looked like a mod accidentally merged two completely unrelated topics together.

Yeah okay I was confused what the heck everyone was talking about cause I saw nothing about gamer girls lol

2 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

So its censored? I woukd kept an eye out for a sale but if i cant play as Jesus im not wasting my time.

I don't believe it is since it was banned already in a couple countries.(it's been on Steam for a couple years)

But it does remind me of a similar fighting game that was out before but I believe that one got banned for having Mohammad in it 

The game does not save trophy progress sadly. So whatever trophy you start on, then you must unlock it BEFORE you turn off the game or else that trophy progress is lost. I unlocked all of Saint (Jesus) colors, but I took a break before unlocking the last two colors and I didn't get a trophy afterwards. 

• Like 2

Oh, oh, oh, I remember when this thing was announced back then. Gameplay looks... pretty bad. Honestly, the whole game doesn't look good at all, but the whole polarizing religious concept and overall ridiculousness caught my attention. I'll be sure to get it when it goes on sale... with a pretty steep discount. xP

• Like 1