Grand Theft Auto V General Discussion

Parker

We have just a couple more days until one of the most anticipated titles this year will be in our PlayStation systems so I figured it was time for another discussion thread. 

What do you plan to do when you first get the game? Start playing story missions to get used to everything or immediately go on a killing rampage? I always play the story for a good few hours until I'm inevitably distracted by something and start a rampage. With 3 characters in this game it will be very interesting to see how the free roam dynamic works out.

Since the game isn't out yet what are you guys doing to prepare for GTA V or pass the time? I've already been approved for a vacation day at work so I'll be going to the midnight launch to pick up the (admittedly stupid) $150 Collector's Edition of the game. I'll try to snap a few pictures of what comes with it when I get home while the game installs the 8gb file. Which is a reminder for you good PSNP folks, make sure you have plenty of room on your HDD otherwise you won't be playing with the rest of us. 

When the game releases this thread will be used for everything regarding GTA V. We can discuss story missions, online or just an awesome rampage or stunt we pulled in the game. GTA V looks to be absolutely massive so there shouldn't be any shortage of awesome things to do and talk about. 

Roll on September 17th!

Parker

I'm going to do some story missions first, then probably goof around for hours on end. To pass the time I'm playing MGS3 HD again. I hope I can get it day 1 though, since I'm supposed to be having it delivered to my house from GameStop. But something happened that shouldn't really big a big deal, but I called them anyway getting no answers to my problem other than to hope I don't get an e-mail saying my order got cancelled. I know I'm being vague, but it has something to do with the credit card.

Still, I look forward to it. I've never wanted a weekend to go by so quickly :P

Really nice thread Parker :)

I am currently just playing through Puppeteer and Rayman Legends to pass the time. Puppeteer is actually pretty fun albeit a bit hard at times.

When I get the game I think i'll do a few missions first and then explore the world. I really want to get to know the characters as quick as possible that's quite important to me. Best thing for me is that I have campus break from Sept 17 upto the 29th. I might not be playing all that time but I will be putting in a good fews hours in for sure. It's a shame I have papers to prepare for in early October.

For those who get the game, tell me if this is more like GTA4 (which I don't like that much) or GTASA (one of my favourite games).

Neither. It is a mix of elements from ALL of R*'s previous games. There are elements from both GTA IV and GTA SA in GTA V. There are elements like the weapon wheel from RDR, driving mechanics from Midnight Club: LA, shooting mechanics from MP3. Facial expressions and recognitions from L.A. Noire. Grove street is back from SA ad well as customizing your character to suit you.

There are many different things from all of R*'s other games in GTA V, so it's pretty difficult comparing it to any one specific game in R*'s library. One thing is for sure, if you are a fan of the GTA series, then you will absolutely LOVE this game. I guarantee it.

Neither. It is a mix of elements from ALL of R*'s previous games. There are elements from both GTA IV and GTA SA in GTA V. There are elements like the weapon wheel from RDR, driving mechanics from Midnight Club: LA, shooting mechanics from MP3. Facial expressions and recognitions from L.A. Noire. Grove street is back from SA ad well as customizing your character to suit you.

There are many different things from all of R*'s other games in GTA V, so it's pretty difficult comparing it to any one specific game in R*'s library. One thing is for sure, if you are a fan of the GTA series, then you will absolutely LOVE this game. I guarantee it.

I want to know if it's as fun as SA or as slow as IV.

Last week rented Rayman Legends, got all 700 Teensis. Now I'm going back and forth between Kingdom Hearts HD, and Dragons Crown. Mainly Dragons Crown, because I'm trying to get all 6 allies past the ancient dragon. Fighter lvl 72, Amazon lvl 36, Dwarf lvl 35, and Elf lvl 15 right now.

I'm going to the midnight as well and I'm getting the $80 edition. I wanted the steel case, map, the dlc was a bonus for me. I'll probably take pics of my edition as well on my Vita and tweet it.

When I'll first play it I'll do the first few missions to get my barings, customize some stuff, than try to steal some kind of plane maybe a cropduster/jetfighter which ever is easiest and fly around most of the map than jump out and land on a building or mountain and cause havoc/ or just die. If I'm on a mountain, I'll try to find my way down and maybe try and find any bear or dear kill them then make my way to the nearest vehicle and go for 4 or 5 stars. That's one scenario.

Have the special edition. I'll probably play a few missions, maybe until all 3 characters are unlocked and then start free-roaming. The first thing I'll probably do in free-roam is steal a plane and fly around the whole map. Then maybe drive a car around the map, checking out all the sites

Edited by Herwest299

I think GTA V may be my last PS3 game, i pretty much enjoyed San Andreas back in 2004 and it seems like Rockstar earned a lot from the people that hated GTA IV (though not as good as Vice City or SA, It was still good atleast) plus they made a ton of great games on this generation such as L.A noire,Max Payne 3 and RDR.

I'll be picking this one up on Saturday, hopefully.

For those who get the game, tell me if this is more like GTA4 (which I don't like that much) or GTASA (one of my favourite games).

I'll let you know for sure. I'm like you, I thought GTA IV was much too slow and removed too many of the awesome features from the previous games. I enjoyed the game but it wasn't what I was expecting at all. GTA V looks to have fixed all the problems I had with IV and I'll definitely post my impressions a few hours into it. 

Parker

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to being able to do side missions and fuck about without having any silly "Liberty City Minute" trophies to worry about. That trophy was horrible design for a game like that.

I've been passing the time playing lots of Magic 2014. Playing a team game last night and had really bad draws so my teamate rages on the mic about how the host needs to kick this garbage player (me) and sends me a psn message that says 'get out garbage!'. So I ask him if he wants to do a best of five 1v1. I'm wrecking him so bad in the first game that he quits after 5 turns and then tells me that "It's so sad you have to cheat to win". And he refuses to continue the contest because he "does't play with hackers." And he also tells me that he's ranked 7th in the world. I check leaderboards and he isn't in top 20 so I inform him someone must have hacked him off.

Good times.