Grand Theft Auto V General Discussion

Parker

I'm getting it at midnight and I'm pretty excited about V for a few reasons. I have avoided the trophy list and 99% of trailers and other videos, as I just truly want to enjoy the story and characters. I'm not going to rush around trying for trophies.... I might play a round of golf. I'll explore every nook and alley of Los Santos, then go jet skiing. I have waited 10 years (did not care for IV that much) so I'm going to sit back and let Rockstar give me a swan song mega experience as the PS3 rides off into the sunset.

Then I'll go steal a tank and kill shit for a couple hours! :yay:

• Like 2

God this is going to get harsh quickly. I must be the only skint arse not buying the game at launch. The worse part is its not like I didnt have time to save so only got myself to blame I suppose. Im a massive fan of open world or sandbox type games and this seems to be shooting all guns blazing to be one of the most open and immersed exsperiance yet. Im a sucker for distractions and always feel the need to explore everywhere I can, find collectables etc so I can see myself wondering and driving for hours without advancing the story. Very happy to see by the looks of the trophies that theres no "Complete Story Mode In So Many Hours" 

Wounder if the Mrs will fetch much on Ebay  :hmm:

I'll let you know for sure. I'm like you, I thought GTA IV was much too slow and removed too many of the awesome features from the previous games. I enjoyed the game but it wasn't what I was expecting at all. GTA V looks to have fixed all the problems I had with IV and I'll definitely post my impressions a few hours into it. 

Parker

Thanks, hopefully the game lives up to the hype.

Bit off topic, but how on earth do people already have this game? Apparently 21 people have earned the Welcome to Los Santos trophy and the game doesn't come out until tomorrow... does anyone have a genuine reason for this? I'm so confused i feel like we are missing out on something here....

Review copies or early copies and some retailers broke the street date. But we should have it soon.  :)

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 1

I've been pasing time playing Driver: San Francisco and hoping onto the GTA IV multiplayer with mates the past few nights. Hopefully I'll be going in today to pre order my copy. (17 years old and have to take my mum to the shop so I can get a game :( )

Let me know if you want to play driver SF online sometime, I could use some more trophies

The game is installing right now. Almost had to arrest some dumbass at the midnight launch but luckily some on duty officers were there (I took a vacation day for the release) and they took care of the rest of it so I didn't have any paperwork. About 4.5gb left until the install is complete. 

Parker

Anyone else having problems with the first Trevor mission??

SPOILER ALERT

I killed all the bikers and nothing happened so I just took off alone, then I got a mission failed and started with the 2 dumbasses in the truck and drove to the next checkpoint, now I'm stuck again, I think I'm supposed to ram into some guys house but the truck won't move '--

Edit: restarted the game and it worked fine, for some reason I couldn't push the trailer to the river...

Edited by Sly Ripper

Anybody attended Flight School yet? Toughest part of the game for me so far. The dialogue between Micheal's family and Trevor is hilarious...

Doing it right now. I've got gold on everything except the two Helicopter missions which I barely missed gold and have silver on. I'm on the skydiving part right now. 

Parker

Reading this has rekindled my interest in the series. I was put off by GTAIV although I can't really say why, but it did not feel like the previous games for me. Going on the posts here the game has made a return to the GTA's I loved to play  :yay:

Maybe Sony can put this in the PS+ package for november?  :awesome:

Reading this has rekindled my interest in the series. I was put off by GTAIV although I can't really say why, but it did not feel like the previous games for me. Going on the posts here the game has made a return to the GTA's I loved to play  :yay:

Maybe Sony can put this in the PS+ package for november?  :awesome:

In 2014 maybe.  :lol:

Parker