Grand Theft Auto V General Discussion

Parker

do you guys have a complete list of heist crew members?

i have unlocked Packie, the woman driver, Chef and the LifeInvader hacker is that all of the unlockable?

I'm not sure if that is the complete list but I have all of them too and I've beat the game and haven't found anyone else. 

Parker

Anyone know when GTA Online exactly comes out? I mean will it be up beginning tuesday at 00:00 GMT?

Ceaser I also think that's all of them but I haven't done all of the random encounters and since 2 of the ones you mencioned are found in random encounters I can't really say it's the complete list

Anyone know when GTA Online exactly comes out? I mean will it be up beginning tuesday at 00:00 GMT?

Ceaser I also think that's all of them but I haven't done all of the random encounters and since 2 of the ones you mencioned are found in random encounters I can't really say it's the complete list

I've been wondering that too. I'm assuming that there is something we'll download on the PlayStation store and it will allow us to access GTA Online within GTA V. I'm not sure though, that is just a guess. Of course that would mean my friends across the pond would have to wait another day until the store updated, so I really have no idea.

Parker

Cardbased videogames like Magic & Yugioh 5Ds (while really fun to play under the right conditions) are really bad for it too. You're either playing against 30-40 yr old antisocial men with god-complex's because they've played the tabletop version for umpteen years - or you're playing with arguentative know-it-all preteens with way too much free time and an emotional investment in the game.

Ya not to derail the thread but it always surprises me how bad it is. I'm one of those thirtysomethings who played the table top game for years, quite competitively for a while and people who you play against IRL magic tournaments tend to be super, super nice and fun people to play with apart from that 1 in 100 bad losers. But in DotP people with mics who aren't total goofs seem to be the exception to the rule. It's a shame because it really does detract from the experience, but you know, there's always the mute button :)

There's even been a couple times where two other players in the game get into such a heated argument that their talking about kicking each other's asses and giving out their home addresses and such. It's like...you're playing a game where you role play a wizard who summons elves and fairies and shit. You can stop acting like the original badass anytime.

Edited by lporiginalg
  • Like 1

As I posted in this thread earlier I had some doubts to purchase this game. GTA IV kinda put me off the series and I missed the overall ambiance and fun factor of the earlier games. Boy was I wrong in doubting this game! From the moment I started playing I was hooked, this is old skool GTA fun with 2013 tech!! 

From the moment I was able to freeroam I was lost: I've been looking at birds, been car surfing, got into a couple of fistfights with elderly ladies, went joyriding, ... the list goes on and on! Maybe I should get back to the missions, but I'm having way to much fun in getting distracted by all the things I can do.

If you're having doubts ... Buy it! You won't regret it. 

• Like 2

Just a few more hours until GTA Online goes live! Here is a little bit of information about it it seems there will just be an update (patch) and nothing will need to be downloaded from the PlayStation store. 

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

Parker

Installed the game last night in anticipation of the GTA Online launch today... I didn't realize I would get sucked right in like that, haha. First impression of the game is :holy:  There were already so many improved mechanics over GTA IV, in the first 15 minutes of gameplay, that I am really excited to start playing this now. I hope the tidal wave is suppressed by the time I get home tonight... i'd love to get my feet wet in the online.

• Like 1

Finished getting the 30 pieces of nuclear waste earlier today and am working on the 30 submarine pieces now. Found a shark and tried to stab it to death and it didn't work out too well for Michael. I got a trophy out of it though.

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the garage that is in Michael's house, does it save your cars? I just bought a new Entity XF for Mikey and customized it to the teeth, it's atleast worth 1.2 million and I don't want to lose it. Can I park it in that mini garage in his house, or just go to the one marked blue on the map?

Does anybody know if the garage that is in Michael's house, does it save your cars? I just bought a new Entity XF for Mikey and customized it to the teeth, it's atleast worth 1.2 million and I don't want to lose it. Can I park it in that mini garage in his house, or just go to the one marked blue on the map?

You can save vehicles in that garage too, but sometimes it glitches and they disappear (most of mine reappeared later though) but they may have fixed that in one of the recent patches, I'm not sure. So yes you can save it there, but it would be safer in the other garage. :)

• 2 weeks later...