Affinity, Outfits, and Bed Scene Guide!

I recommend checking the guide by actually clicking the link because I'll be updating the reddit guide as I go, has the picture for reference, and the format looks weird below. 
Welcome everyone! A bunch of people have helped me with the combat system of this game, among other things, so I wanted to return the favour. Before we get started with the guide I want to go over a few things:
  • This guide will be written from a PS4 perspective.
  • I will add corrections when necessary. I just posted this so I apologize for spelling errors.
  • If you see anything objectively wrong, or want to add something please comment below.
On this guide I will be covering the following:
  1. Raising Affinity
  2. Bed Scenes
  3. Unlocking Affinity Outfits
  4. Unlocking Persona and Anima for Records.
Before we dive into what to do, let's get an understanding of the Interface/HUD when sweet talking your partner. Below is a picture (Sorry check the reddit link above for the picture as I dont know how to post a picture here) and a Legend.
Legend:
  • Yellow Box: This is your Affinity Rank. The percentage inside the heart is how close you are to max rank, NOT of the current rank. The ranks are as follow:
  1. Acquaintance
  2. Amicable
  3. Friend
  4. Close Friend
  5. Rival

Alright! Sorry about the lengthy Legend, but it's important to understand these things! Heck, with just that you could figure the rest out on your own probably. So depending on what your goal is here, it may either be quicker or longer such as:
  • Rank 4 Affinity Character Related Trophies/Achievements (This would be the quickest)
  • Rank 5 Affinity
  • Bed Scenes
  • Outfit, Persona, and Anima Unlocks
You may be here for one or all. Either way I will be going over all. Up to you what to do. During these steps below, I will also be giving in depth explanations on certain things. Let's get started!
Raising Affinity
  1. First go to options -> party -> then choose your partner you want to rank up.
  2. Optional: Apply any Affinity buffs you have. I do not have any information on this, but I have read there are some
  3. Pick a Romantic spot to engage in conversation. These are icons with two hearts around North Centoria. I found the one just North of Kiritos tent, by the Material Vendor gives the most Affinity.
  4. While standing near the point, press Square when facing your partner. You should now be in a screen similar to the picture above
  5. Raise the Mood Status to Level 5 (Content)! For this find a dialogue option that will give you both hearts and music notes. Then alternate with another dialogue option. It does not have to give you both hearts and music notes, but if it does even better. You can raise the Mood Status multiple times in a single mini game bar, however even if you only get it up once, don't worry. IMPORTANT: When choosing the dialogue option, wait for the heart (top left) to get to its biggest point then click the dialogue option. This will take practice. There is a rhythm. Doing this will give you more affinity and hearts/music notes. You will know if you did this properly because you'll hear a different sound, you will see more hearts/music, and the heart in the top left will pulse. Using tier 4 or 3 dialogue options at first is safer because the bar will last longer. You can experiment with this.
  6. Now it is just a grind to get to whatever Affinity Rank you want. It does not take that long. You can start using tier 1 dialogue options now if you want. The higher your Mood Status AND Affinity Rank, you will notice you start getting more Affinity points. The highest I have seen is +37.
Bed Scenes (Foolproof way)
  1. You must be Rank 4 Affinity and have minimum 70%. You also must have Mood Status Level 5.
  2. Stand outside the tent. Embrace partner and enter tent.
  3. Go to bed. You want to see the Share a bed option! If it says rest, picking nevermind then put your partner down by pressing X. Your Mood Status will drop by one.
  4. Exit the tent, and Raise Mood Status back to 5.
  5. Embrace partner BEFORE entering the tent, then Share a bed.
  6. Mini game time! You want to max out the hearts and music notes on both sides. I suggest doing tier 3 or 4 dialogue options. Once you have maxed both out, then you can zoom in and choose tier 1 to make the minigame end faster. At the end you want it to say "You've formed a strong relationship".
  7. Cut scene time! If not:
  8. If for some reason you did not get the cut scene, close app and try again.
Persona/Anima/Outfit Unlocks
  • If you want to unlock the Affinity outfit, you must reach 100% for both Anima and Persona. Please note some characters do not have an outfit. At the time I do not have a list of who.
  • From my tests, affinity points do not affect how fast your Persona/Anima levels go up.
  • You can do this before your max affinity or after. It is up to you. Doing it before could technically save you more time.
  1. The best part about this is you can kind of go afk. First raise your mood Status to Level 5.
  2. Now find a tier 3 or 4 option that raises both Anima and Persona equally. Persona usually takes longer FYI. To find a dialogue option, you will have to choose it 4-6 times. This will take some testing. If you see both go up a percent then you're good. Also make sure it is not draining your mini game bar fast. Note: you do not have to wait for the heart to be at its fullest. Just spam.
  3. Now just hold that direction and spam. Depending on your Affinity Rank and Mood Status, you could do this from 4-10 minutes before the mini game bar depletes. Then you will have to start the convo back over. So watch a show or something. Once you feel the vibrations stop, you know you have to start again.
Edited by Stars_of_Sirius