ROOM 1313 trophy

DaisyVilla102

• Up until last night I thought the "ROOM 1313" trophy was unobtainable at the current version, but happily I was wrong.
  • Since I started playing again in May, I had been scouring the Hotel level every time, in both SP and MP, and could never find Room 1313 (except for one time when it was boarded up).  I had never looked for it before because I didn't know it was a trophy requirement until then. 
  • According to the devs on Steam, they deliberately made it so that there should be a Room 1313 in the Hotel level every time it loads.  This may only apply to the single-player campaign; I don't know if the same intent was there for multiplayer.
  • After re-reading that Steam post last night, I uninstalled the game, unplugged from the internet, and re-installed from disc to play it at the release version (1.0.0).  My save file was considered corrupted since the game version was regressed, so I deleted the local copy of it and started with a fresh one.  Luckily I got the Hotel in Chapter 3, and sure enough, within 3.5 minutes I found an open door labeled "1313".  I walked into the room (because that was supposed to be enough to get the trophy, according to the aforementioned post by the devs), but it was late and I didn't have the patience to wait more than seven seconds, so I closed the door.  As soon as I did that, the trophy popped.  The screenshot that was automatically captured seems to support my theory that you have to interact with door to get the trophy to pop.
  • Then today, when I re-installed the digital copy of the game, downloaded my original save, and started up the SP campaign, the "MASTER OF ILLUSTRATION" trophy popped suddenly.  The last thing I had been doing in that save file was playing the MP and making lots of chalk marks in there, so this is making me think more that my issue with finding Room 1313 in the Hotel level was my save file.
  • I also verified with my alt account that I was able to find Room 1313 while playing the latest digital version of the game.
Edited by DaisyVilla102
Original version assumed trophy was unobtainable without workarounds; corrected copy may help others who had the same issue as I.