Apple's $1000 "Stand"

BadRep24

17 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

That's very much your right as a consumer in America. I do agree that compared to Steve Jobs, the current CEO is a bleeding heart piece of work who thinks he's advancing real social change by doing stupid crap like changing the pistol emoji to a water gun to "discourage gun violence" (my actual Ruger never killed anyone and I can guarantee that my pistol emoji never did), but that kind of stuff could also be said about Bill Gates and a ton of others. It really just comes down to preference and I think when it comes to real innovation, the nod should go to neither Apple nor Microsoft, but to Russell Kirsch.

Apple made headway with their Apple computer in the early 1980s. In the 1990s they experienced a real decline, then in the 2000s Steve Jobs took over operations and made Apple a powerhouse starting with the iPod.

I appreciate what that man did and I read a biography of him. Bill Gates copied from Apple more or less. I have a special place for Microsoft simply because I grew up with them. But I cannot deny that their old Windows operating systems were full of flaws. Windows 10 is probably the most reliable system they ever made, in many ways I prefer it over Windows 7. Windows 8 was a disaster however, so didn't bother with using it.

In short I appreciate what both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did in their lives. Both men were interesting people and it's fascinating reading about the hoops and obstacles they had to face in a time before there were personal computers. They made history, and without them I don't think I would be here typing.

I've used three iPods, two iPads, a Macbook, two iPhones, an iWatch and iTunes. I spent a lot of money on Apple. I'm not some guy who is anti Apple that never tried Apple products. I spent thousands of dollars on Apple. But I made the choice to switch to Android and Windows. Apple today is a shell of it's former self. I had a great deal of respect for Steve Jobs, but the man in charge of things is a joke.

On 8/19/2020 at 5:52 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I didn't even believe this was true.

Oh well - if Apple customers pay for it, good for Apple. They should wring them for every penny.

I take it you don't support them either. I stopped supporting them when they were overcharging for crap I could get cheaper somewhere else.

• Like 2