Ratalaika Games have published 82 games on the PS4 according to their website

usapro2017

Being honest Ratalaika games can be fun, I only played 36 Fragments and loved my time with it. 

On the other hand you can see they sometimes get licenses for games with little to no content just to make them an easy platinum. 

Overall, I don't care if people stack all their platinums with Ratalaika games, it's their money after all. Trophy hunting is a hobby and people approach hobbies in different ways, just don't sweat it and play the games you want, don't get obsessed over what other people are playing

• Like 3

Personally speaking I didn't really even know about these kinds of games until I realised I'd bought one because it was on sale (Inksplosion). I saw that a few of the other games by the same publisher recently were really cheap (like $2 a pop) so I figured I'd just grab a bunch of them to see what they were like.

Some are good, others aren't. Kind of enjoyed the Midnight games a little bit but yeah by and large they are mostly time fillers for me (I bought one or two while I was waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to drop). The Platinums are fast and easy which kind of sucks for the devs since I assume that's the reason a lot of people buy their games, but some of them aren't actually that bad.

I'm not really into region stacking so I just finish them on the PS4 and on my Vita since it doesn't take long. I don't really think it's right to criticise someone for having these kinds of games on their profile though! Play what you want to play!

I have one, which is Football Game.

Back on topic, use Ratalaika games like the black sheep of your trophy hunting if you're increasing your Plat count for milestones, since I pretty much use them for placeholders for that said reason.

Edited by DaivRules

57 minutes ago, zenovka said:

Being honest , it's my profile and ill play and plat what I want . If someone has a problem with me playing most of ratas releases then the problem is with them not me or my profile.

Exactly. I have fun playing their games. Even though you get the plat within an hour, there is usually still a lot left to play to actually finish the game. I've played like 44 games from that list lol. At least 10 or so I won from Twitter. The rest I either bought on sale when they go 1/2 off, or I buy them just because it has the Vita version and I need stuff for my Vita, IE when I go out of town. So, shout out to @RatalaikaGames for keeping my Vita alive for as long as they could.

• Like 1

Being honest, I am surprised that multiple people started their post with “being honest”. Are we usually not honest as a rule?

Anyway, Rat puts out some fun games, but also a lot of crap. I support people judging others’ trophy accomplishments. I have plenty of Rat games myself, so judge me, too! But I don’t support anyone trying to get Rat games to stop publishing.

I am sad about one thing, though. I thought that Stanga games had some real potential after playing My Big Sister. However, Red Bow seems just to take the quick/easy plat route. Such a shame.

Ratalaika and others 15 minutes plats with press x button 100 times broke the whole trophy system of ps. Back in years when I saw a profile with over 100 plats it was really impressive. People on forums in that time were blaming trophy hunters for playing Japanese visual novels lol. Actually there were not so much plats under 5 hours. Then came ps4 and trophy system went to hell with sony quality checking. When platinum trophy was a real deal, when gamer put a lot of efforts to get it it was the best time. Now sony sh*** tropheys are like from steam. They are already mean nothing. Its like on steam where you can launch a game and get billlons tropheys in seconds. 

So in the end sony destroy the best trophy system ever. This is really sucks. The ps3 era of trophy hunting was the best for sure.Now its total garbage and actually means nothing.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tyrantraxus said:

Then came ps4 and trophy system went to hell with sony quality checking. When platinum trophy was a real deal, when gamer put a lot of efforts to get it it was the best time. Now sony sh*** tropheys are like from steam. They are already mean nothing. Its like on steam where you can launch a game and get billlons tropheys in seconds. 

That's the problem with Sony. They basically threw quality control off the window and let these Steam-quality achievements to be left unchecked. I remembered what Spaz said about My Name is Mayo and Orc Slayer being allowed to have Platinum Trophies, despite being easy. The only last upside for Sony though is that they have a 128-achievement limit for a game, in contrast to Steam's 5,000+ or so achievement limit.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

That's the problem with Sony. They basically threw quality control off the window and let these Steam-quality achievements to be left unchecked. I remembered what Spaz said about My Name is Mayo and Orc Slayer being allowed to have Platinum Trophies, despite being easy. The last upside for them though is that they have a 128-achievement limit, in contrast to Steam's 5,000+ or so achievement limit.

Totally agree. I dont blame ratalaika or people who buying it. Ratalaika just making money thats all. There was a great idea with tropheys in psn, a unique idea. Now its totally destroyed. 128 limit mean nothing with hundreds 30 minutes platinum games. I was laughing at steam trophy system and now the same goes with sony. 

• Like 2

Has anybody done the research and the math to tally up how many platinums that is total?

Ratalaika games usually have anywhere from 2-6 stacks so I’d imagine in total this company handed out a few hundred effortless platinums this year. This is exactly why I do not support this practice and wish Sony would do something about it. I believe in the long run it is really harming the trophy hunting community and rendering platinum trophies meaningless.

I have no problem with Ratalaika games themselves, but I do have a problem with each one having several 30 minute platinum trophies attached, and the way playing these games allows players to rapidly shoot up the PSN/trophy leaderboards.

But hey, what do I know? I’m just one of those filthy elitists!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

[...] wish Sony would do something about it.

Good luck with that, because pretty much, they will simply ignore. But it's pretty unfortunate that these games are pretty much devaluing the Platinum Trophy and harming the trophy community so much. This is pretty much's Sony's responsibility. Quality control for them is a thing in the past.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Crossplay PS4/PS5 would be nice, the next big thing? Unfortunately there will be no Triple Buy, they stopped their Vita Support because of the greedy PEGI.

Retilka Games are adding games to Vita anymore? I had no clue to be honest. 

Just now, BrettyBoy said:

Retilka Games are adding games to Vita anymore? I had no clue to be honest. 

*aren’t

8 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

If you grew up during the 8 and 16bit generations then some of these games are retro goodness. I never bail as soon as the platinum pops. I always finish the game. They need to change how the trophies work and stop the plat popping after like the first level.

Don't be the average cod fan and be like graphics = good game

I'm not bashing at the games but at the trophy requirements. All this games are considered junk to your profile but that's just my opinion, glad you keep on playing them after the platinum

• Like 1

If you think rat games are bad LMAO Come see steam achievements, you can pop 5k in 5 seconds from opening to closing the game (:.

1 minute ago, RedSkyKing said:

Seeing Ratalaika’s name constantly being thrown around in a negative light is getting pretty old. They aren’t the problem, nor are the actual games an issue. It’s the trophy system itself that’s slowly degrading into a spam fest where anyone can get a plat for just showing up.

I don’t think “easy” platinums should’ve ever been a thing. They’re supposed to showcase the work and effort you put into a game. Even easier platinums like Spider-Man, Nier Automata, or even Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom requires you to put in some time and effort. These trophy list that have 85 - 95% with five stacks should not have a platinum.

But hey, that’s just my two cents on the matter.

At the end of the day, trophies hold no value and who cares, right? I think we can all agree that trophy hunting is a hobby we gain a lot of enjoyment from and wish to see it improve.

Agreed! I like the last thing you said, it is a hobby and we all do it differently so who cares if someone does a easy game or not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedSkyKing said:

It’s the trophy system itself that’s slowly degrading into a spam fest where anyone can get a plat for just showing up.

This is pretty much Sony's responsibility to do some quality control on the trophy system. But being the scum they are, they will ignore and pretty much will never care.

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

Most of everybody who came in here trying to defend Ratalaika 'easy' platinums against those who have voiced against them have a buttload of stacks themselves. It's clear as day because the writing is on the wall with their trophy profiles.

The people I can respect are the ones who have played a few Ratalaika games but have not dared to voice against those who feel they make the platinum count meaningless. If you want to come on here and say "It's peoples choice if they want to do x6 Ratalaika game stacks on their profiles, doesn't bother me", I am perfectly fine with that comment.

Oh wait, a couple people come in butthurt and tell the guy who made a critical comment and opinion a "jackass" for voicing out about his viewpoint, yet they have a whole bunch of Ratalaika Games completed with multiple stacks.

That's like me getting offended by someone who says "Drake is a bad rapper" simply because I like the guy. This is the exact same mentality.

Fact of the matter is, these people can say what they want on Ratalaika as long as they are not making any threats or brash accusations. As to how I look at them, they have contributed to making the platinum count more and more meaningless.

Don't get your hands dirty and go after someone who says a negative opinion on Ratalaika when you yourself have done multiple stacks on Ratalaika Games to increase your trophy count.

Let me clarify some of your misinformation with regards to this thread. 

1. The person who got destroyed in this thread did nothing but personally attack me because he didn't like my opinion. A bunch of his comments were deleted because he had nothing to offer but insults. 

2. Read every comment I have made in this thread and tell me explicitly what I said that I deserved to be personally attacked. I look forward to your feedback. 

3. I have definitely bought a bunch of Ratalaika games and have PS Vita and PS4 plats from their games. I am a computer programmer who has worked in the tech industry for a decade now. Probably unlike you, I know firsthand the time, effort, money that these indie developers have put into their games that you have arbitrarily deemed garbage because you don't like a sales tactic Ratalaika uses. I have tonnes of disposable income and CHOOSE to spend some of my money supporting indie. These quick games are also enjoyable because spare time is now shorter for me. 

4. Take a look at my profile and take a peak at all those 0.x% rarity trophies I have showcased. I've got a few first achiever plats and misc trophies as well. You think I'm just stacking Ratalaika trophies to boost my profile? Negative, I like throwing some money over to the indie developers while also getting the trophy dings. 

• Like 4