Ratalaika Games have published 82 games on the PS4 according to their website

usapro2017

Frankly at this point, I don't even care.

AAA games 2017-2020   made the platinum experience a complete and tasteless  joke,  at least rata games don't charge you  70 euros, overstay their welcome and you don't have to skip the  cinematics to get that platinum.

I say this as someone who has no Rata games, so I do not take it personally, anyone who wants to shame someone  pfor their 90% plat, while coveting their 30-40% plat is deluded.

PSNProfiles has you see the number of rare trophies an account has, if you're interested in that kind of thing, check that  instead of the leaderboards, I believe we also have a rare leaderboard? Though memory might trick me and it was another site...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

The games they publish typically aren't bad at all, however it's obvious by looking at them that the trophy lists are literally the absolute minimal requirement possible for a platinum trophy list, something Sony doesn't care to enforce and has caused the trophy system to fall on its face. If you're being honest, most trophy hunters don't play each of these games 6 times over because they had so much fun playing 2 levels of an indie game over and over again, it's because they want a ton of quick platinum trophies lol. Which oh well, there's a demand for something Sony doesn't care to fix, then there will be a supply. That's the reality. How someone spends their time playing video games is how they choose to spend it.

When you multiply 82 by 6 (the average number of repeat lists for these games) you get nearly 500 completely worthless platinum trophies. Now you know why the platinum trophy, which used to be an impressive signifier of great *effort* on someone's profile, is now a completely useless statistic. And it's not just one publisher or developer doing it, it's a trend now because it's allowed to be done by Sony. The trophy system is pretty much undergoing hyperinflation, and people will eventually figure out that platinum trophy count doesn't really even mean anything anymore. We are at the point now where it's possible for a profile to have way more platinum trophies than bronze trophies. In fact you could have hundreds of platinum trophies and ZERO bronze trophies - how is that not a broken system?

This kind of thing has been a problem for Sony from the start though. Sony can't ever implement official leaderboards because they failed to crack down on all of the cheaters from the start, and it was up to websites like these to fix the problem. Maybe one day someone will have an interest to fix what Sony neglected with this problem in particular and make the trophy system interesting again like it was years ago.

Very fair post this. If people want to plat every single ratalaika game then thats fine. I think the different region stacks is what sony needs to stop imo. 

36 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

The games they publish typically aren't bad at all, however it's obvious by looking at them that the trophy lists are literally the absolute minimal requirement possible for a platinum trophy list, something Sony doesn't care to enforce and has caused the trophy system to fall on its face. If you're being honest, most trophy hunters don't play each of these games 6 times over because they had so much fun playing 2 levels of an indie game over and over again, it's because they want a ton of quick platinum trophies lol. Which oh well, there's a demand for something Sony doesn't care to fix, then there will be a supply. That's the reality. How someone spends their time playing video games is how they choose to spend it.

When you multiply 82 by 6 (the average number of repeat lists for these games) you get nearly 500 completely worthless platinum trophies. Now you know why the platinum trophy, which used to be an impressive signifier of great *effort* on someone's profile, is now a completely useless statistic. And it's not just one publisher or developer doing it, it's a trend now because it's allowed to be done by Sony. The trophy system is pretty much undergoing hyperinflation, and people will eventually figure out that platinum trophy count doesn't really even mean anything anymore. We are at the point now where it's possible for a profile to have way more platinum trophies than bronze trophies. In fact you could have hundreds of platinum trophies and ZERO bronze trophies - how is that not a broken system?

This kind of thing has been a problem for Sony from the start though. Sony can't ever implement official leaderboards because they failed to crack down on all of the cheaters from the start, and it was up to websites like these to fix the problem. Maybe one day someone will have an interest to fix what Sony neglected with this problem in particular and make the trophy system interesting again like it was years ago.

Would it not be trivial to add a filter to the leaderboards that excludes stacks by default? Let people see the leaders in the unique category and then if they want to rank with their stacks they can deselect the unique filter. Plumb it in to the banners as well. Unique by default and if you want to share a banner with your stacks deselect the filter. That by no means addresses the underlying issues you mentioned with regards to Sony. Seems like a simple Made For PSN Profiles solution to add legitimacy to the leaderboards again.

Edited by PalaceOfLove706
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Maybe one day someone will have an interest to fix what Sony neglected with this problem in particular and make the trophy system interesting again like it was years ago.

If they can pretty much backtrack from the minutia of issues and mistakes they did, then it would be doable, but judging from the current situation, I highly doubt they will.

9 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Would it not be trivial to add a filter to the leaderboards that excludes stacks by default? Let people see the leaders in the unique category and then if they want to rank with their stacks then can deselect the unique filter. Plumb it in to the banners as well. Unique by default and if you want to share a banner with your stacks deselect the filter. That by no means addresses the underlying issues you mentioned with regards to Sony. Seems like a simple Made For PSN Profiles solution to add legitimacy to the leaderboards again.

I'll add to this one. But what if the stack you played first is EU, instead of NA? For example, the EU version of Super Wiloo Demake is the first stack and will be considered unique, so the stacks of the same game will be filtered out. It's basically priority, which means that the version stacks will be considered fillers and the primary version will be considered unique. Filtering out endless stacks will indeed add some credibility to PSNProfiles leaderboards again.

Edited by BadRep24

11 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Would it not be trivial to add a filter to the leaderboards that excludes stacks by default? Let people see the leaders in the unique category and then if they want to rank with their stacks they can deselect the unique filter. Plumb it in to the banners as well. Unique by default and if you want to share a banner with your stacks deselect the filter. That by no means addresses the underlying issues you mentioned with regards to Sony. Seems like a simple Made For PSN Profiles solution to add legitimacy to the leaderboards again.

You could do something like that, or something like a leaderboard for no stacks and no games above 50% platinum rarity or something like that which would be an interesting new leaderbaord. That kind of thing would be up to Sly to implement though

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I would like to see a Ratalaika Leaderboard...

A man of culture I see :)

Seriously though, I know these kinds of threads always devolve into disagreements but even for the people who look down on those that play Rata games, should be allowed to have their opinion. I wish we didn't live in a world where we judged one another, but that doesn't mean there isn't legitimate points on both sides of the debate.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for any side, company, etc. but if someone can create a perfect system that makes all sides valid points work while removing all the negatives from each side, I'll eat my hat. Be kind to one another, even while disagreeing. 

• Like 2

I didn't even know Ratalaika Games existed until May this year. I had just finished Crash Bandicoot for my 132nd plat. I saw that a number of people had completed a game called 'Slyde'. Never hearing of this I looked it up and saw that it cost 99p so i thought, may as well. Crash isn't the hardest game in the world but I put in the effort so fancied something just to blast through quickly. Then I saw a bunch of retro-ish style games etc on the PS Store at 80%ish discount and bought a bunch. After googling them, I realised that many of the games were part of easiest platinum lists etc. 

So, boredom during lockdown and having a Wife, chores and two kids and limited time to do the epic 80hour plats I have done in the past, I occasionally blast through a few of these games for a cheap thrill (accepting sometimes there isn't much of a thrill). No one really sees my trophy list but me so I don't really care but some of them are actually quite fun, Some are shameless cash grabs but you get a mixed bag. That said, I enjoy playing games that challenge and that give a sense of meaning to a platinum. Some of the other games I've platted during this period, Nex Machina, HZD, The Escapists, Cricket 19, Hotline Miami 2. Dishonored 2 & Death of The Outsider, Guacamelee 2, Beholder 1 & 2, Super Stardust Ultra, Plague Inc, FF7 Remake, Resi 3, Assasins Creed Odyssey and the aforementioned Crash plat, indicate that I am not that interested in stuffing my profile with quick easy plats. I do find the stacking thing a tad bizarre mind, as platting the same game 6 times is something I wouldn't do. 

TL:DR sometimes people just want to blast through a game whilst they're bored, sometimes they don't feel up to Dragon Quest XI or Nioh because it will take a while to complete and they don't want to spend 5 consecutive nights for the 2 hours a night they get to play PS to grind, sometimes they genuinely want to support indie game companies (some of the ones responsible for the games listed above) and sometimes people plat NCIS the Game or Hannah Montana or any of the other old games that people used to plat to boost the numbers. 

That's my rationale anyway, interesting to see some of the other opinions in here though. Ultimately, I don't take it too seriously and try to play games I'll enjoy.

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44
add trophy card
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

I saw that a number of people had completed a game called 'Slyde'.

Slyde, being a game only available in the EU region, was later axed out by Sony, because of its ridiculously easy plat. And when I say ridiculously easy, I mean it, because you can get it in 1 second or so.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Slyde, being a game only available in the EU region, was later axed out by Sony, because of its ridiculously easy plat. And when I say ridiculously easy, I mean it, because you can get it in 1 second or so.

It's still on the store as of now. Took me 17 seconds, I must have been bad at it ?

I think what I was trying to say about Slyde, was I saw that people who had platted RDR 2 and GTA V had also played this little simple sliding tile game. Obviously those who stack Ratalaika plats will have also, but sometimes, gamers, many of whom are probably better gamers than I am,  just want the quick plat. 

@RatalaikaGames should cater to the entire trophy community, instead of the EZPZ subset of trophy hunters. They can do this by making a few ultra hard trophy lists, like sub 1% rarity plats. They'd have a new customer if he did. But for now, I can't support this company.

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I've got plenty of good ideas, both to combat the plague of stacks / ultra common trophies, as well as cheaters. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

It's still on the store as of now. Took me 17 seconds, I must have been bad at it 1f605.png

I think what I was trying to say about Slyde, was I saw that people who had platted RDR 2 and GTA V had also played this little simple sliding tile game. Obviously those who stack Ratalaika plats will have also, but sometimes, gamers, many of whom are probably better gamers than I am,  just want the quick plat. 

So they put it back, I think. It's pretty much EU exclusive.

7 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@RatalaikaGames should cater to the entire trophy community, instead of the EZPZ subset of trophy hunters. They can do this by making a few ultra hard trophy lists, like sub 1% rarity plats. He'd have a new customer if he did. But for now, I can't support this company.

I think I pretty much now know why Ratalaika gets such a stain. Their player base is pretty much focused on the latter instead of everyone else.

Edited by BadRep24

10 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@RatalaikaGames should cater to the entire trophy community, instead of the EZPZ subset of trophy hunters. They can do this by making a few ultra hard trophy lists, like sub 1% rarity plats. He'd have a new customer if he did. But for now, I can't support this company.

I've got plenty of good ideas, both to combat the plague of stacks / ultra common trophies, as well as cheaters. 

You make an interesting point. Maybe they think too much of the business side of things. Harder to plat games would be tougher to sell. The easy plat gives them an avenue to make more money than they would otherwise make. I know quite a few people who would not play a game if they felt they couldn't plat it as they wouldn't want a 'black mark' on their record. Then again, I don't know how big a gamer demographic the 'trophy community' is.

It seems as though, for now at least, there is a market for the stuff they produce, rightly or wrongly. 

Edited by Artty44

In the end, this "problem" is just about a bunch of angry gamers who don't like their places in a leaderboard to be taken by someone who actually enjoy videogames. Simple videogames. This behavior makes me sick. If you really care about a leaderboards, it should be those in each game, but this one? Like I said in other threads, I would happily step out.

Now go to enjoy some videogames. Second warning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

In the end, this "problem" is just about a bunch of angry gamers who don't like their places in a leaderboard to be taken by someone who actually enjoy videogames. Simple videogames. This behavior makes me sick. If you really care about a leaderboards, it should be those in each game, but this one? Like I said in other threads, I would happily step out.

Now go to enjoy some videogames. Second warning.

If people like to play this games and can waste their money how they want, then why is so bad that people care about a leaderboard that is the source of fun for them? (even if you think that it's sick, that's your problem too)...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

If people like to play this games and can waste their money how they want, then why is so bad that people care about a leaderboard that is the source of fun for them? (even if you think that it's sick, that's your problem too)...

Calling someone "moron" for just playing certain games it's not my problem. It's an abusive behavior, and I don't want that behavior near me.

I wouldn't call the leaderboard thing something "fun". I really want to get out of it because of this toxic community. "But you could just delete your account" no, I will not do that. Thank you.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

Calling someone "moron" for just playing certain games it's not my problem. It's an abusive behavior, and I don't want that behavior near me.

I wouldn't call the leaderboard thing something "fun". I really want to get out of it because of this toxic community. "But you could just delete your account" no, I will not do that. Thank you.

You all guys are just shielding behind the comment of just one person. But really man, if you find all of this so toxic... And don't want abusive behavior near you... Why do you continue reading and interacting with them?

And about the "fun" part, that's up for anyone of us, and I understand of people that liked to compete in the LB and now is forced to play this kind of games if they wants to remain competitive... This just damaged their "fun".... And again, even if you don't think so...

• Like 1

When you have reached a certain rank in your country and the ranking here on psnp, then playing Ratalaika games are mandatory to keep those positions. 

Many of the Ratalaika, Eastasia Soft etc. games are fun and bring back retro feelings, like Habroxia or Knightin'+, games that are way better than their trophy list.

However, in my opinion these platinums are additions to your trophy list, but they should not replace more difficult trophies. This month I had 40+ platinums just to prepare my next platinum milestone, a good chunk have been said Ratalaika games but it gave me the free room and time to finidh harder platinums like Garden Warfare and Paladins. 

I mean, what is the problem with an easy and fast platinum, those do not deevaluate your rare trophies. That's why there are cabinets to showcase. (A Summer with the Shiba Inu is my #600 because the platinum looks awesome).

I don't blame Ratalaika or comparable publishers. First it's been easy games from PS3 era like Hannah Montana or Megamind. Then slowly came the japanese visual novels and the few synched trophies like Motorstorm RC or Sly 4. Now you got Ratalaika. There will always be easy and quick platinums that bend the rules.

2 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Why do you continue reading and interacting with them?

because you are still quoting me? I'm not quoting here because like I said, I want them away from me, and I'm just doing it with you because even when we are not in the same frequency, you are not being rude to counter me. If the case were another, I would simply ignore you like I did with others in the past.

3 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

and now is forced to play this kind of games if they wants to remain competitive... This just damaged their "fun".... And again, even if you don't think so...

wait, what? I hope you are not serious.

7 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

The tricky part, though, is which region stack the user started. The started one is the unique, while the rest will be filtered out.

You don't filter out games you just don't tally common trophies towards people's leaderboard totals.   They still remain on the profile to be viewed they just don't count for anything.  If you did this people who were using games to chase levels or leaderboard poisitions wouldn't' be able to gain anything by playing 5 minutes games and their stacks.  It would effect every common trophy.  You could have a game with a average rarity of 11 and that trophy that sits at 98% for playing the tutorial wouldn't track.  it would still be on your profile just wouldn't track for gamer score.

19 minutes ago, Katt said:

wait, what? I hope you are not serious.

Read the post above yours, last quote so that you don't have to continue answering...

14 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

But why does easy games ruin anyone's fun on the leader boards. 

Coming from someone that has 6,000 games i literally won't have time to even finish half of it. 

That being said you can hunt ultra rare only games if you choose to and furthermore the only way you would have said perfect leadebroard is if all easy games vanished so others are forced to do ultra rates but it's not reasonable it's about as reasonable as having all the ultra rares vanish and only easy games.

There is plenty of both and it should be more about the game at the end of the day but if you choose to enjoy said leader board you should know that the fluctuation of easy and ultra rare games shifted when trophy lists are up to the publishers and developers now. 

There's a lot of great potential of good lists that came from this as well as bad but if you want to enjoy the leader board do so by focusing on the vast amount of fun good lists that are already out there vs spending time not having fun and being upset over lists that publishers have freedom to put out. 

You should have a pretty big external HD for all those games xD

Don't misunderstand me, I'm out of that because I never was on an even close to good place in the LB, I'm just talking for the people that liked to compete on their country (or global) LB, and they didn't continue doing that because everyday people with stacks of Ratalaika increase the gap between them, even if there is plenty of both you can't compare a hard plat with 90 hours of dedication with a 30 mins plat... Whilst you get one plat the one competing with you is getting 180 plats... Even if the trophy system was broken before this just made that gap even worse... And that won't change.

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1