Ratalaika Games have published 82 games on the PS4 according to their website

usapro2017

53 minutes ago, Nitro said:

What do you mean "today it's all about stacking easy shit"... It's ALWAYS about stacking easy games, it's just back in the day, the easy games weren't 15 minutes. First it was visual novels tat were getting shit, now it's Rata, more than likely something will come out later down the line and that will be the new punching bag as the thing "ruining trophies". This isn't a new discussion, it's just a new target.

Visual novels were expensive at least, and without guide some of them were difficult to finish, because Japanese language. There were no stacks to them. They were not a big problem. And now you cant even joke about Hannah Montana. And Icant imagine more worse things to trophy system in psn, then that already had happened.

• Like 3

Hello, this subject is really boring, everyone plays and buys what they want, there are some who buy a pack of cigarettes at 12 €, others 1 gram of grass at 10 €, others several times the same game or season pass at 40 € with almost no content .... and then everyone spends their money as they want, the worst is that subjects like this will continue ..... and it is pity
  • Like 2

I only have 2 of those, but I didn’t buy them for the trophies, but because sometimes I just want vita games with simple mechanics to play on the commute to and from work. They’re like mobile games but without all the annoying micro transactions. 
Combine that market with the trophy hunting market and I think they’ll keep going as they have been.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

What do you mean "today it's all about stacking easy shit"... It's ALWAYS about stacking easy games, it's just back in the day, the easy games weren't 15 minutes. First it was visual novels tat were getting shit, now it's Rata, more than likely something will come out later down the line and that will be the new punching bag as the thing "ruining trophies". This isn't a new discussion, it's just a new target.

Japanese VNs are not cheap, you have to import them from Japan and they cost a fortune. Prior to Ratalaika those were the fastest and easiest platinums.... but at least they were something different.

You can't even compare Ratalaika to Hannah Montana. Crappy game, crappy movie, I played the game on the Xbox 360 and saw the movie. Television series was mediocre as well. Megamind is another game that generally comes up.... you still had to play through it.

It wasn't "play two levels and get your platinum". Even shit games like Magus and Terminator: Salvation didn't stoop to that level.

4 minutes ago, Big_Lebowski_Jr said:

Hello, this subject is really boring, everyone plays and buys what they want, there are some who buy a pack of cigarettes at 12 €, others 1 gram of grass at 10 €, others several times the same game or season pass at 40 € with almost no content .... and then everyone spends their money as they want, the worst is that subjects like this will continue ..... and it is pity

At least they're not getting ripped off for that "grass" :P

6 minutes ago, Tyrantraxus said:

Visual novels were expensive at least, and without guide some of them were difficult to finish, because Japanese language. There were no stacks to them. They were not a big problem. And now you cant even joke about Hannah Montana. And Icant imagine more worse things to trophy system in psn, then that already had happened.

Some visual novels are hard without a guide, sure - but not impossible. And no stacks? What planet are you living on?? Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Hakuoki, Chaos;Child, Muv Luv, Xblaze (Code Embryo and Memories) had quite a few stacks EACH.

Hell Chaos;Child including PS3, Vita & PS4 has 11 DIFFERENT STACKS for the same game. No spin offs, same game.

Hakuoki has about 3 for each game.

Don't get me started on Steins;Gate. About 10 stacks of the first game, 4+ afterward.

Hakuoki has about 2-3 per game. 

The list goes on. Visual Novels were some of the games pioneering stacking different regions. Probably before the concept of Ratalaika was even thought up.

I agree, sometimes they can be pricey, however, they were still what was complained about back in ~2014, much like Ratalaika in 2020.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Japanese VNs are not cheap, you have to import them from Japan and they cost a fortune. Prior to Ratalaika those were the fastest and easiest platinums.... but at least they were something different.

You can't even compare Ratalaika to Hannah Montana. Crappy game, crappy movie, I played the game on the Xbox 360 and saw the movie. Television series was mediocre as well. Megamind is another game that generally comes up.... you still had to play through it.

It wasn't "play two levels and get your platinum". Even shit games like Magus and Terminator: Salvation didn't stoop to that level.

Most of the time they are expensive, but there are cheap ones out there. Maybe those games weren't play two levels and plat, but a lot of VNs have scene skip or are just much faster than 90% of Ratalaika Games, you do realise this right?

And why do VNs get a pass from you, but indie games/VNs from Rata don't? That logic is absolutely flawed.

Not to mention that usually the games Ratalaika produce are polished at least and have very few bugs, crashes etc. Same cannot be said for Terminator: Salvation or Magus.

Regardless, my point was you're wrong about rankings THESE days. It's always been about stacking easy games. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I agree.

I got Megamind and Terminator Salvation back in the day and those games were still quite enjoyable for what they were (knowing what you're getting into). They still took me 5+ hours to complete.

They were still somewhat expensive so I also had a lot of fun planning how to get the most value out of my money to hunt some trophies. I once got 6 plats by buying 3 used games at a games store (buy 2 get 1 free). I bought 3 games that I knew I could finish in that week (1 week change policy), Terminator Salvation, Ice Age 3 and Cars Race-o-Rama (Each took me 5+ hours to complete). After that week I returned them for some bigger used games that I wanted to keep (That's how I got the original Dishonored, a game series I became a big fan of). The main draw for me was to try and climb a few positions higher in the rankings. This little side activity of trophy hunting for me is now also useless, because now you can easily get 30 plats for the same cost, without any effort (no reasearch, checking availability, planning, going outside :P). Everything is just handed out nowadays.

It used to be an experience, now it's just going through the motions completing some basic requirements (play world 1 ?) 6 times. Not saying some of these games aren't nice experiences, but after getting the PS4 and Vita plats, they can't tell me they're still playing the games for the experience. And I'm not totally buying the "supporting the indy devs" argument in this case either. I'm sure if they wanted to support them, those devs will kindly accept donations. That's just an excuse to try and validate the cheap platinums at that point.

TLDR: even "cheap" platinums used to cost time and effort to get.

Maybe I'm just getting old.... I'm starting to feel like those previous generations that rode a bike to school uphill both ways and thought rock music was from the devil :D 

Edited by Ric
  • Like 3

I use my trophy table as a sort of photo album of memories. And then I recall the new photo album of this era is Instagram. And even on that, people gets competitive to some insane levels.

If playing just Ratalaika games can give you 500+ platinums, I don't care if they want to give trophies for watching movies/tv shows bought on psn as well.

If you wanna spend your free time playing Ratalaika Games, well, that's your prerogative. It's trophy junk food.

It would be a really weird flex to be like "Yeah, I've 80 platinums". But they're all Ratalaika Games.

Life's too short, do whatever the fuck makes you happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric said:

This little side activity of trophy hunting for me is now also useless, because now you can easily get 30 plats for the same cost, without any effort (no reasearch, checking availability, planning, going outside :P). Everything is just handed out nowadays.

Well, you can still have that same experience by not looking at ratstackers and ratstacking, but play actual games that you want to play. :P

Played and enjoyed some of them, mostly for Vita since I have really few games for it and I don't use it so often.

Games like Blasting Agent and Daggerhood were ok, probably in the future I'll add other like I am the Hero and Devious Dungeons since I think they look pretty cool, but I don't go with PS4 stacks only for a couple more platinums. 

To be honest I kinda hate platform/region stacks (even though for Remastereds/Remakes are ok of course) and I would like every game had only 1 trophy list, but hey I know software houses and players like them because more platinums = more money so it's a win-win situation for so many I guess...

Edited by Agent_Renegade22

6 hours ago, Long-Ryde said:

In my opinion, some of them are actually entertaining for a short period of time and worth dropping $2 on a sale. Namely the platformers!

Luckily, these profiles are SUPER easy to spot based on the insanely high [Gold / Silver] to Bronze Ratios, so its not too too hard to figure out if a profile is basically BS bc of Rat stacks (you hate to see it). Although it does totally sully the "Leaderboard" aspect because Rat game stacks bloated trophy points.

It isn't that they are not entertaining. I did enjoy Full Blast and that Fox Land games. For what they are. Devious Dungeon was cool also and that wasn't as easy as most of the games they have published. 

If people want to fill up their profile than that is their right. I just don't want to. 

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

I agree, sometimes they can be pricey, however, they were still what was complained about back in ~2014, much like Ratalaika in 2020.

Most of the time they are expensive, but there are cheap ones out there. Maybe those games weren't play two levels and plat, but a lot of VNs have scene skip or are just much faster than 90% of Ratalaika Games, you do realise this right?

And why do VNs get a pass from you, but indie games/VNs from Rata don't? That logic is absolutely flawed.

Not to mention that usually the games Ratalaika produce are polished at least and have very few bugs, crashes etc. Same cannot be said for Terminator: Salvation or Magus.

Regardless, my point was you're wrong about rankings THESE days. It's always been about stacking easy games. 

I'm perfectly aware of that. But the difference here is the price point. Outside of a few trophy hunters who had a lot of disposable income many people were not going to pay those high prices... case in point the importing. Maybe somebody who was really hardcore would set a Japanese account for their Vita and get those VNs that way, but good knowledge of the Japanese language is necessary.

Neither of them get a pass from me. In 2016 - 2017 you saw people with many Japanese VNs. From 2018 going forward it has all been Ratalaika. Who in their right mind would pay a lot of money for an imported Japanese VN when you can just purchase six stacks of a Ratalaika title for less than $10? You're technically paying for three stacks, because the PS4 and PS Vita are crossbuy. Since March 2020, it's just the PS4, due to Ratalaika dropping support for the Vita.

The games crashing or being flawless is irrelevant. I'm sorry, but I'm just going to have to disagree with your viewpoint.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I agree.

I got Megamind and Terminator Salvation back in the day and those games were still quite enjoyable for what they were (knowing what you're getting into). They still took me 5+ hours to complete.

They were still somewhat expensive so I also had a lot of fun planning how to get the most value out of my money to hunt some trophies. I once got 6 plats by buying 3 used games at a games store (buy 2 get 1 free). I bought 3 games that I knew I could finish in that week (1 week change policy), Terminator Salvation, Ice Age 3 and Cars Race-o-Rama (Each took me 5+ hours to complete). After that week I returned them for some bigger used games that I wanted to keep (That's how I got the original Dishonored, a game series I became a big fan of). The main draw for me was to try and climb a few positions higher in the rankings. This little side activity of trophy hunting for me is now also useless, because now you can easily get 30 plats for the same cost, without any effort (no reasearch, checking availability, planning, going outside :P). Everything is just handed out nowadays.

It used to be an experience, now it's just going through the motions completing some basic requirements (play world 1 1f631.png) 6 times. Not saying some of these games aren't nice experiences, but after getting the PS4 and Vita plats, they can't tell me they're still playing the games for the experience. And I'm not totally buying the "supporting the indy devs" argument in this case either. I'm sure if they wanted to support them, those devs will kindly accept donations. That's just an excuse to try and validate the cheap platinums at that point.

TLDR: even "cheap" platinums used to cost time and effort to get.

Maybe I'm just getting old.... I'm starting to feel like those previous generations that rode a bike to school uphill both ways and thought rock music was from the devil :D 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

What they should of done at least was make you finish the games. I don't care if the difficulty is a 1 or 2 out of 10. TellTale Games I pretty much consider everything they've done to be a 1 out of 10, because you just have to finish the story. There is an exception or two like The Wolf Among Us, I had to go back and replay a section to get my final trophies. The Walking Dead: The Final Season I hear is a bit like this, you have to replay some parts of the games to obtain all the trophies.

Look at stuff like Super Stardust HD, Mega Man 10 and Shatter. All challenging PSN games, and games that were indie and digital only usually did not have a platinum. Today you get some of the easiest platinum trophies in existence, never mind autopopping trophies. 

These get platinum trophies, yet the reboot HITMAN and HITMAN 2 games don't?

The trophy system is completely out of wack.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Well, you can still have that same experience by not looking at ratstackers and ratstacking, but play actual games that you want to play. :P

You missed a point in my post:

"The main draw for me was to try and climb a few positions higher in the rankings".

Which is now impossible due to these stackers. The games I mentioned are not all games I might typically pick up, but did, because of trophy hunting. This was a good way for me to experience some other games that were easy enough to play in between some long RPG's for example to have a change of pace and wind down from the grind while still keeping up with getting some trophies. A sort of catch up mechanic after a 100+ hours platinum to bring the average back to 30-50 hours if you will.

Trophy hunting as it used to be is now useless, because everyone just jump on every single cheap <1 hour platinum. In those days, we didn't call these people trophy hunters, we had another term for them.

So yeah, I still just play games that I like and get all the trophies (I always did, or tried at least). But seeing how high I can get on the leaderboards with the resources available to me is no longer the fun added hobby it used to be.

42 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Look at stuff like Super Stardust HD, Mega Man 10 and Shatter. All challenging PSN games, and games that were indie and digital only usually did not have a platinum. Today you get some of the easiest platinum trophies in existence, never mind autopopping trophies. 

The trophy system is completely out of wack.

The Hitman list still pisses me of ?. I have some PSN 100%'s that are much harder/time consuming than some people's platinums.

Edited by Ric
formatting and typos

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Neither of them get a pass from me. In 2016 - 2017 you saw people with many Japanese VNs. From 2018 going forward it has all been Ratalaika. Who in their right mind would pay a lot of money for an imported Japanese VN when you can just purchase six stacks of a Ratalaika title for less than $10? You're technically paying for three stacks, because the PS4 and PS Vita are crossbuy. Since March 2020, it's just the PS4, due to Ratalaika dropping support for the Vita.

Wow, so VNs were pretty frowned upon by some trophy hunters back then, despite being expensive and at least take some hours to complete from Point A to Points B, C, D, E (aka endings), nada, due to easy platinum formula. I'm pretty much wasting a total of $656 to $820 for a cornucopia of Rata stacks, but it's pretty much the choice for people to do, since gaming is a pricey hobby ever since its infancy. However, paying the same game is pretty much mindless, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

What they should of done at least was make you finish the games. I don't care if the difficulty is a 1 or 2 out of 10. TellTale Games I pretty much consider everything they've done to be a 1 out of 10, because you just have to finish the story. There is an exception or two like The Wolf Among Us, I had to go back and replay a section to get my final trophies. The Walking Dead: The Final Season I hear is a bit like this, you have to replay some parts of the games to obtain all the trophies.

I guess this is pretty much the solid basis why Ratalaika is mostly sullied by most trophy hunters in PSN. Instead of making easy games that feeds the wrong hand, which are the EZPZ subset of Trophy Hunters, they can at least put some variety on their games with at least some engagement like completing the story on any difficulty or at least one difficulty specific trophy like One More Dungeon. This kind of variety would encompass all trophy hunters of any level, rather than shoving the same "easy plat" crap to the EZPZ minority that devalues what the Platinum trophy is meant to. As previously mentioned earlier, Sony has to at least do some gatekeeping, because their quality control standards is pretty much blown off the window. If Sony pretty much enforced it, then only one, I mean one, Ratalaika game would be released. It's not Rata's problem, for some part, but Sony's, who is pretty much responsible.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

About HITMAN or HITMAN 2, I'm pretty much it was the developer's choice, IO Interactive, probably because their trophy list is a convoluted mess. For the latter, they pretty much shoved in the HITMAN 1 trophies and shoehorn it into HITMAN 2.

25 minutes ago, Ric said:

Trophy hunting as it used to be is now useless, because everyone just jump on every single cheap <1 hour platinum. In those days, we didn't call these people trophy hunters, we had another term for them.

Hahaha, what term? 

Edited by BadRep24

8 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

8 hours ago, Ric said:

Hahaha, what term? 

Trophy whores, I think.

• Like 1

Oh, 82 games x5 or x6 stacks, that’s close to 500 platinum trophies. I see a lot of profiles loaded just with those games. What a gaming career! Everything is bursting with rares and ultrarares. What an accomplishment. To be clear, I’ve also played a couple of their games because I buy all the games that seem interesting to me on sale. Some are even ok, but no further than that, they are certainly not to be played more than once. Stackers, stackers everywhere

10 minutes ago, Cyberdyne-7 said:

Oh, 82 games x5 or x6 stacks, that’s close to 500 platinum trophies. I see a lot of profiles loaded just with those games. What a gaming career! Everything is bursting with rares and ultrarares. What an accomplishment. To be clear, I’ve also played a couple of their games because I buy all the games that seem interesting to me on sale. Some are even ok, but no further than that, they are certainly not to be played more than once. Stackers, stackers everywhere

500 Plats with Rata stacks? Nah. That is never going to be the same. One Rata game is pretty much enough, as I mentioned earlier.

Edited by BadRep24

My first trophy was in 2008 July, Superstar Dust on the PS3. And back then 100%/Platinum WAS an experience. For starters obtaining a game was harder compared to today. PSN was not as advanced, and the content was poor. Organising Boosting sessions were a mission within itself. I personally rented most of the games in the early days. You really did have to put the effort in despite the game being easy. I have the Hannah Montanas, the Barbies' day outs, The Disney movie games Platinums; but all of these were family fun, took about 20 hours a piece, and were decent games - most importantly a memory. 

I've also spent 10000s of hrs earning Platinums on games like Resogun, Superstar Dust, Geometry Wars 3, Alienation, All the ACs, HZD, Burnouts, NFS, and RDR2 too. Then there are the other games which I played and earned many more trophies but not the platinum - I still had fun. Have some great Vita Platinums too. 

This entire argument about cheap and quick Platinums is a myth really. Most people like myself play all sorts, and truth be told, some of the cheap and quick Platinums are more enjoyable than AAAs. I'm old skool, I grew up in late 70s and it's all about game-play and having fun. I have ditch some of the Ratalaika games in the first few minutes of playing because I didn't find the games fun. I never play FPS genres, no matter how many trophies you give away. If I like the game I will play it again, and getting the additonal trophies is a bonus, and why not? If M.Jordan can have 6 of the same trophies while doing what he loves, why can't I? ;) 

I look at my trophy record and it's really a long documented memory of something I passionately enjoy and that's playing video games. 

I just hope Ratalaika release more Shmups this year! 

On 19.7.2020 at 0:50 PM, Ric said:

I knew of Ratalaika, but didn't know which games were theirs, never paid that much attention to it. Looking at the list I did notice I currently have 1 plat from them (Jack n Jill DX). I bought that game on a discount once because it seemed like it was a fun little game to play (which it was) and I needed something in 

You have more than 1 Ratalaika Platinum in your profile. And I can see "My name is Mayo" twice.

Edited by Sikutai