Ratalaika Games have published 82 games on the PS4 according to their website

usapro2017

I do sometimes wish people wouldn't blanket shit on games by Ratalaika, remember, they're the PUBLISHER and not the developer of these games. That means it's lilely going to be a mixed bag, Ratalaika are primarily a shovelware publisher like we've seen happen before on many popular platforms in the past like the Wii and PS2 but sometimes they can actually publish a good game or two. This is because they basically just grab any random indie developer they can and that can naturally result in some absolute trash OR a hidden gem! May be a surprise to some of you but look deep into the published games of some of those awful Wii shovelware publishers, sure there's nothing mind blowing there but there's a couple decent games with decent metacritic scores amongst all the other... well... "games"? xD

Remember, Ratalaika as a publisher may be scummy but the developers can be good! Some of these games are genuinely really good indie titles and some while wonky show potential from the developer and if it weren't for the trophy whore lists I bet a lot of the haters would have praised some of these games, give a couple of these a shot and if you're that precious about your PSN profiles reputation (lol) then play it on an alt.

Ratalaika are undoubtedly scummy though, they're just a shovelware type publisher and they try to exploit trophy/achievement communities on top of that for the platforms it's applicable. There's no logical reason outside of just milking people already hooked on a system to try as hard as they can to have so many stacks available in their games (and to boast/advertise it regularly). It's clear they want to 'strongly encourage' those types of people to buy the same game multiple times.

Nothing necessarily wrong with an easy trophy list in a game to perhaps encourage some extra sales from trophy hunters and help put a spotlight on an up and coming developer, but we all know what having 6+ stacks is about, don't kid yourself otherwise. 

Also, I see some people saying those who buy these stacks are morons etc. but my view on this is that it's similar to lootboxes and microtransactions, I wouldn't call people hooked into it 'morons', they're being exploited.

When all said and done, Ratalaika is the villain, not the trophy whores and not the developers themselves.

Just like how EA is a piece of shit but the developers and those who like games published by EA aren't automatically pieces of shit too (even if some are ;))

Life lesson in gaming for y'all, publishers in general are pieces of shit and it's all purely numbers and money in a publishers eyes. They're usually the ones to blame for any bullshit in the industry xD.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

I wonder if Ratalika would ever consider making interplanetary stacks for their games 1f914.png
 @Angus1343 just think of how many times you stack Midnight Deluxe then!!! Billions....maybe even trillions!!!!

Even if such a thing existed, I highly doubt Uranus could handle any more stacks.

• Like 1

I see some people hating on My Name Is Mayo here for opening the popularity floodgates for this, but I must say the concept of the game is so random and wacky, and with a price point like 99 cents, it's hard not to invest. MNIM was a game that genuinely interested me because of its sheer absurdity, and the price point justified the purchased. I wasn't really into it as much for the trophies as I was the ability to stream a game like that, but no one would know that unless I actually said something.

• Like 2