What ‘Super Difficulty’ mode you managed to beat for trophies?

TalalHmd

I didn't search my entire trophy list but here are some examples using the maximum difficulty the game allowed.

1. Spec Ops: The Line (MFWIC)

2.  Duke Nukem Forever (Damn I'm good)

3. Ace Combat 7 (Ace of Aces)

4. Ace Combat 5 (Ace Wing)

5. Alpha Protocol (Hardcore)

Not sure if the Metal Gear Solid 2 Extreme difficulty fits in though. You don't directly get a trophy for completing it, but you need to do it to get all the dog tags needed for the blue wig (Great Dane). So no extreme no platinum.

• Like 3

Akumu. It doesn't mess around, and you need at least some semblance of a strategy, but it definitely eases up a little as you go along.

I plan to do Mein Leiben, Nightmare on Alien Isolation and Outlast 2's permadeath mode.

Oh, and I did 10/20 on FNAF 2. Not a plat, but maybe the hardest trophy I've ever done lol

1 hour ago, Caldor2K2 said:

I didn't search my entire trophy list but here are some examples using the maximum difficulty the game allowed.

1. Spec Ops: The Line (MFWIC)

2.  Duke Nukem Forever (Damn I'm good)

3. Ace Combat 7 (Ace of Aces)

4. Ace Combat 5 (Ace Wing)

5. Alpha Protocol (Hardcore)

Not sure if the Metal Gear Solid 2 Extreme difficulty fits in though. You don't directly get a trophy for completing it, but you need to do it to get all the dog tags needed for the blue wig (Great Dane). So no extreme no platinum.

I think it counts. I plan to platinum MGS 2-5

btw, how hard were the Ace Combats? (Both) 

9 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

If by "super difficulty" it means low completion rate, I would say only DMC5 Hell and Hell. 

yeah I’d say hell and hell is a super difficulty 

9 minutes ago, N7Spartansw0rd said:

Akumu is the one that comes to mind to me, chapter 6 is actual hell

It’s on my list of games to platinum. 

I was against it before, but I want to start getting hard platinums 

Edited by TalalHmd

I managed to complete Hard mode on Resident Evil 0 (it doesn't go up any higher than that). It definitely lived up to its name. I used every bullet and every health item in the game other than the three blue herbs to survive. I didn't use the blue ones because I managed to escape the spiders without getting poisoned.

• Like 1

@TalalHmd, both the Ace Combat games weren't too difficult for me, but I've been playing these types of games since the mid 1990s.

Ace Combat 5 is the harder of the two by far. There are more missions to complete, no check points and the good old one hit missile deaths on the hardest difficulties.

Ace Combat 7 however has longer missions and having a two generation gap (AC5 is a PS2 port), there will be way more enemies trying to kill you. You can buy and equip parts on your planes to improve performance, and I only found myself stuck once or twice in AC7. Oh yeah, you also need to do multiplayer on it. 100 games to be exact, 50 battle royale and 50 team deathmatch but you only need to win once at each and just participate in the rest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caldor2K2 said:

@TalalHmd, both the Ace Combat games weren't too difficult for me, but I've been playing these types of games since the mid 1990s.

Ace Combat 5 is the harder of the two by far. There are more missions to complete, no check points and the good old one hit missile deaths on the hardest difficulties.

Ace Combat 7 however has longer missions and having a two generation gap (AC5 is a PS2 port), there will be way more enemies trying to kill you. You can buy and equip parts on your planes to improve performance, and I only found myself stuck once or twice in AC7. Oh yeah, you also need to do multiplayer on it. 100 games to be exact, 50 battle royale and 50 team deathmatch but you only need to win once at each and just participate in the rest.

The further back you go, the harder games are in general. Mostly due to game mechanics.

Gamers today have it so easy.

• Like 1

Not incredibly hard but Grounded mode on The Last of Us was really memorable.

Downwell Hard Mode.

Outlast 2 Insane Mode without reloading camera.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood Psychotic Mode.

Batman Arkham Origins I Am The Night Mode.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

-Evil within (Akumu difficulty)

-Evil within 2 (Classic difficulty)

-WWZ (Insane difficulty)

-B4B (Nightmare & No hope difficulty)

-AFTE (Insane difficulty)

-99Vidas (Elite difficulty)

-Warface (Hard difficulty)

-Zombie army (Sniper elite difficulty)

-BLEED (Very hard difficulty)

Edited by gamercris066