ShahinMiah

Can't sign in on store.playstation.com on my phone

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I do have a problem and have had it for weeks. SO, on both my iphones, when I try signing in on to the store as mentioned, it doesn't actually sign me in. A notice pops up as soon as the PS Store loads saying 'Due to a recent web browser update, the browser is temporarily not supported. While we work on a fix, try another browser'. Now I have been waiting so long for this to fix, it's been over months now that this is still occurring. On my laptop, I use Opera and it lets me sign in as normal but with Safari, it has this issue. I have tried clearing Cache and Cookies manually with anything relating to SONY or Playstation and tried quitting the app and turning my phone off countless times, but still nothing seems to work.

 

I was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas as to why this is happening? It used to happen before this but clearing Cache and Cookies fixed it for a while until it happened again and I repeated clearing things but now, clearing anything doesn't seem to work

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the same message. I just a Private Session and am able to sign in, but that’s my only workaround at the moment. 
 

No idea which Safari update the Sony web devs don’t like, but it’s pretty annoying. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve also tried private browsers but still the same message pops up and I’m unable to sign in. I just hope sooner or later, there is a fix because it is really annoying. Like when I want to download a new game, i have to open my laptop and download it but then it won’t queue for download until my PS4 is actually turned on. They’re in separate rooms btw so i have to go to laptop, download, turn ps on, go to my phone and download it from the PS app which as you can see can be quite annoying. But am glad it’s not just my phone as I thought it was 😅

 

But yeah hopefully it will be fixed 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShahinMiah said:

Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I do have a problem and have had it for weeks. SO, on both my iphones, when I try signing in on to the store as mentioned, it doesn't actually sign me in. A notice pops up as soon as the PS Store loads saying 'Due to a recent web browser update, the browser is temporarily not supported. While we work on a fix, try another browser'. Now I have been waiting so long for this to fix, it's been over months now that this is still occurring. On my laptop, I use Opera and it lets me sign in as normal but with Safari, it has this issue. I have tried clearing Cache and Cookies manually with anything relating to SONY or Playstation and tried quitting the app and turning my phone off countless times, but still nothing seems to work.

 

I was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas as to why this is happening? It used to happen before this but clearing Cache and Cookies fixed it for a while until it happened again and I repeated clearing things but now, clearing anything doesn't seem to work

 

I've never had issues logging into PSN on both Firefox and Chrome, and I always use a private window on both.

 

On Chrome, since latest update, I have to allow cookies to let me log in. But, on Firefox, I don't have to. Further, on Firefox, you can assign third-party DNS, such as Cloudflare.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Ps Store won't let you sign in thru chrome incognito mode, pretty sure I been signing in thru that before. 

It'll accept your password and email but then your back at the sign in again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Also Ps Store won't let you sign in thru chrome incognito mode, pretty sure I been signing in thru that before. 

It'll accept your password and email but then your back at the sign in again.

 

For Chrome, while on incognito mode, you have to allow third-party cookies. In default, incognito mode blocks cookies. Turn off "block third-party cookies" on the bottom of incognito mode screen.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zizimonster said:

 

For Chrome, while on incognito mode, you have to allow third-party cookies. In default, incognito mode blocks cookies. Turn off "block third-party cookies" on the bottom of incognito mode screen.

Oh wow, thank you so much. 
I didn't realize that option there.

 

I must've clicked it or turn on block by accident one day. lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.