Ratchet & Clank Or Jak & Daxter?

Goro

Ratchet & Clank Or Jak & Daxter?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Ratchet & Clank Or Jak & Daxter?

• Ratchet & Clank
    • Jak & Daxter

I have to go with Ratchet & Clank. 

Jak & Daxter is good and I like the characters, but I like the characters in Ratchet in Clank better. it has a sense of humor that I enjoy and who can forget about the awesome weapons. The biggest detractor for me with J&D is the game mechanics. They were fine when the game was released but haven't aged as well as R&C. Gameplay feels clunky and I've had numerous issues with shoddy camera angles. 

• 8 months later...

Very biased from me, but I grew up loving the Ratchet and Clank Games. I recently got the HD Collection of the original PS2 titles and they're just as entertaining, funny and just downright fun as ever.

I think in total I've played R&C3 at least 10 times on the PS2 haha.

Good times, good times...

ALSO, they're hilarious. Especially Captain Qwark :P

I don't know how, but when I was like 9 or 10 I remember sitting down on a sunday and just playing R&C3 nonstop all day and managed to complete it 13 times. Easily the best one. R&C for me.

I don't know how, but when I was like 9 or 10 I remember sitting down on a sunday and just playing R&C3 nonstop all day and managed to complete it 13 times. Easily the best one. R&C for me.

Did you really just claim to beat R&C3 13 times in one day? Sorry but i don't believe you. No way.

I've conquered Jak 1, and played through a bit of 2. I beat Ratchet and Clank 1. I think both series first entries are really perfect games, I blew off R&C because I figured already having played Jak and Sly, that 2 platformers was enough. But Ratchet and Clank absolutely blew me away the first time I played it. So I haven't played all the games in each series, but I can say I have a fondness for all the first entries...and Ratchet's first game is the best out of the 3.

I've conquered Jak 1, and played through a bit of 2. I beat Ratchet and Clank 1. I think both series first entries are really perfect games, I blew off R&C because I figured already having played Jak and Sly, that 2 platformers was enough. But Ratchet and Clank absolutely blew me away the first time I played it. So I haven't played all the games in each series, but I can say I have a fondness for all the first entries...and Ratchet's first game is the best out of the 3.

I disagree, i thought the second was a little better.

Ah sorry, I meant Ratchet 1 is the best out of Ratchet 1, Sly 1, and Jak 1 (In my opinion of course). I haven't played any of the sequels to Ratchet and Sly. I got a decent way into Jak II but that game was tough...I didn't have the patience for it at the time.

But it is good to know that Ratchet gets even better! I would probably pick up the HD collections for all 3 series but barely have enough time to finish the games I have already, let alone 9 more.

• Like 1

For some reason I never got into the Ratchet and Clank games. I tried multiple times but they never hooked me as they do with so many people. On the other hand the Jak and Daxter games were my first true experiences on the ps2 that got me hooked on gaming and for that they hold a special place in my gaming heart.