Ratchet & Clank Or Jak & Daxter?

Goro

Ratchet & Clank Or Jak & Daxter?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Ratchet & Clank Or Jak & Daxter?

• Ratchet & Clank
    • Jak & Daxter

Jak and Daxter, hands down.  I never understood what the buzz was about with Ratchet and Clank.  I played Up Your Arsenal, but I didn't think it was all that special.  Perhaps it's because I didn't grow up on Ratchet and Clank like I did with Jak and Daxter, but I didn't find anything to like about the characters, and there wasn't really much of a story until the last quarter of the game. :dunno:  

• 2 weeks later...

Easily Jak and Daxter and by a landslide to. Played about 4-5 of the Ratchet and Clank games (including the best and most popular ones), and their ALL tedious and grow boring mid-to-late game. The closest Jak's games have come to being tedious were the Wasteland runs in Jak 3, from a general perspective (however in Jak X: Combat Racing, the racing was pure fun this time around and much better, because of enhancements, tweaks, and etc) and the Zoomer riding in Jak II (which again, like Jak 3 to Jak X, it was better in it's sequel, Jak 3.. pretty much perfectly fine). That's one of the other great aspects of the series, ND always got better with the games AND fixed the problems from the previous installment. Jak 1  to Jak II (the thing with this transition however, is that Jak II brung a lot of new changes and improved from Jak I, but also came with new problems, so it's not that Jak II is a downgrade to Jak 1 it's just that it came with new problems... which Jak 3 fixed majority of), Jak II to Jak 3, and Jak 3 to Jak X. All sequels showed notable/prominent improvements and got better at the sametime. IIRC, I had to drag myself to finish off every Ratchet and Clank game. The momentum and interest always die mid-game, and I know it was because of the way the games were designed.

Edited by BlueDiamond93
  • Like 1

I prefer jak & daxter too to be honest. Jak 2 and 3 were very different then the first one, which is why I understand why most people seem to prefer ratchet & clank.

I find ratchet & clank is okay, I only played the first and second, but I find the game lacks music or something, can't really describe what I mean lol

Having now played a little bit of both (just finishing up with Jak II as I type this), it feels like with Jak II that the games have a rather similar feel -- but R&C just does it better.

So as of typing this, I have to give Ratchet & Clank the upper hand, simply because it does it better in the sense of overall gameplay, content, and humor. Certainly helps that they have much better chemistry. 

I kept track of this topic after I voted and posted in it. I was the 50th voter for Jak. 3 people said they voted for Jak, but his vote only went up by 1. R&C on the other hand, his numbers for votes are accurate from the time I left this topic, they went up by 2-3 and 2-3 people said they voted for R&C. :\

I love both games, but if I had to choose, definitely Ratchet and Clank.

Probably because Ratchet and Clank (PS2) was my first PS2 game..I didn't get Jak and Daxter: The Precursor legacy until much later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...