Can't open map

Is my game glitched? I beat stage one, I am in a "free play" I guess in Ninjago City. I can't press touchpad and open the map.

So I'm effectively stuck.

It's not my controller. I opened Resident Evil 2 and the touchpad works there.

These Lego games are notoriously shitty glitched. I would not be surprised.

Unless I'm missing something obvious. But I don't see anything resembling a quest on the mini map, so... Just a bunch of bricks, dojos and collectibles.

Edit: I just started over. Went straight away from the free-play to the new map without cycling the game between stages.

Edited by shrap

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back from the dead. I started this game and completed the first chapter/location which entered into free mode. I press the touchpad and the map will not open. Not even sure how to start the next location and saved and quit to relaunch. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 11:52 PM, kkulifay said:

Bringing this back from the dead. I started this game and completed the first chapter/location which entered into free mode. I press the touchpad and the map will not open. Not even sure how to start the next location and saved and quit to relaunch. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

Did you ever get the map to open? I just started it tonight and have the same issue. Did you play from a PS5 or PS4? I am playing from PS5, I wonder if it has to do with the dualsense?

14 minutes ago, kkulifay said:

Keep playing past the first level and it will unlock as part of the linear storyline.  I was too impatient lol. Trust me, you will unlock the beach next, triggering the map function. Just keep playing!

Thanks. The beach is the next level I have to play.

• Like 1