GOAT Collector in 6 weeks. NMS. Here's how:

souijuro833

Bought this game when it was discounted in June and got GOAT after playing the game for about 6 weeks. NMS and spent around 2m MT in total on all my cards. But this was during quarantine when I could play the game for hours a day.

What i did was grind offline and worked the AH extensively. My entire collection sold for about 5m after.

So it's definitely doable even if you start late. It's prob easier now as well given all the free cards released that adds to the total number.

Happy to answer specific questions to help others going for the plat. Generic advice like buy low sell high, enter locker codes will not be discussed here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, souijuro833 said:

Bought this game when it was discounted in June and got GOAT after playing the game for about 6 weeks. NMS and spent around 2m MT in total on all my cards. But this was during quarantine when I could play the game for hours a day.

What i did was grind offline and worked the AH extensively. My entire collection sold for about 5m after.

So it's definitely doable even if you start late. It's prob easier now as well given all the free cards released that adds to the total number.

Happy to answer specific questions to help others going for the plat. Generic advice like buy low sell high, enter locker codes will not be discussed here.

It's also easier because the a lot of the cards are significantly cheaper as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royze said:

Good job. Unfortunately for me and some others this wont work as AH is blocked ... the grind be intense..

Oh man, without AH I don't think I could ever do it!! Real insane!

2 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

It's also easier because the a lot of the cards are significantly cheaper as well.

Exactly right. Got most of my last 50 cards at around 10k BIN. 

28 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

What is the AH?

He means the auction house which works a little bit like ebay where you can bid on cards with your MT coins currency.  I think its been removed from the game in the Netherlands though.

I myself wasn't sure what the original poster meant by NMS?    

3 hours ago, PondNewt said:

traditionally I thinks it's supposed to mean "not my style" but not sure that if that was intended or even makes sense here...for a "here's how" thread the advice given seems awfully non-specific...

Edited by ProfBambam55

3 hours ago, PondNewt said:

He means the auction house which works a little bit like ebay where you can bid on cards with your MT coins currency.  I think its been removed from the game in the Netherlands though.

Ehh thats stupid, guess i just have to do the grind normally with sim and domination theni ugess

Started 10 days ago and 425 cards already, but half of time I spent in this game is in MyCareer which I really enjoy (probably VCs I get will help me with collectors). In MyTeam I play offline and work on dominations and Spotlight Sim.

Sorry to ask, but were you just sniping or got any good theme to farm on AH?

Advice from me: Nets Playbook makes it really easy to win on HOF difficulty challenges for NBA 2K beginner, so you get lots of MTP after every game. Just get PG-SG-SF-PF that can dunk and be sure your PF can play Quick Thrusts without assigning him (e.g. LeBron can, but 99 Leonard from Locker Code cannot). Just change player that performs QT on every action, so the AI won't start blocking it after 1-2 tries. But if opponent's PG is going in front of your PG to block first pass just wait until your PG goes to basket and then pass to him and finish. After that one action the AI defence will be reseted and you can do some more classic QT. Just repeat it over and over, but if you have option to get quick fastbreak points just do it! It will reset AI defence. If AI starts double defence your PG at some point, you're at home, because then your dunker will never be stopped by some random steal/block.

You should score in 90%+ of actions. AI will miss some shots. Sometimes you win by 2 points with free throws at the end, but most times you should have like 10 points advantage.

My squad is:

Magic Johnson (Frostbite) - total beast for this strat, never miss a pass and great quick dunker.

Vince Carter (Starter) - Only because it's my fav player of all time (if he's not yours don't take him because he can easily get blocked on dunk caused by some of his animations)

Kobe Bryant (Free Career Highlights) - Upgrade to 1-2 star, because on 0 stars he rarely dunks and can easily be stopped on layout after opponent change defence a little bit

Lebron James (Dirk's Spotlight) - The best PF for me to perform Quick Thrusts, good dunk control, almost impossible to block.

Kareem A-J (Spotlight) - Just take any high strong Center that will rebound shots your opponent misses, probably you'll find 100 better centers for it, but Kareem is good enough to get 50% rebounds.

This team can play whole match without substitutions so I'm just putting any cards to fill roster and replace them when their contracts end.

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, souijuro833 said:

Did you used tokens to buy reward cards or closed packs?

• 2 weeks later...

I got collector trophy yesterday. Only took 3 weeks not bad :). It’s actually easier now compared to a couple of months ago because cards are so much cheaper now although when 2k21 comes out cards might disappear so anyone getting this trophy go for it ASAP. Now I’m selling everything to make MT :) now for platinum all I have left is my career. 

Edited by danrules123

2 hours ago, danrules123 said:

I got collector trophy yesterday. Only took 3 weeks not bad :). It’s actually easier now compared to a couple of months ago because cards are so much cheaper now although when 2k21 comes out cards might disappear so anyone getting this trophy go for it ASAP. Now I’m selling everything to make MT :) now for platinum all I have left is my career. 

Wow! Congrats!. You didn't buy any VCs or MTs and it took 3 weeks? Or maybe you spent some real cash? I'm currently at 1250 milestone with 300k+ MT. Got all bronze, gold and emerald players. Most of sapphire and ruby also. A lot of silvers still left, because they cost a little more than they should. Idk how many logos, playbooks, jerseys and arenas are there, but as I saw they are cheap, so it will make it much quicker for some time at this point. Still got about 70 dominations to play, so it will also give some boost. For now I was playing mostly spotlights, because they give me much more fun (except all-time sim, where I use Nets Playbook, because they are too difficult for me as new 2k player).

Edited by SaviorKIA

So envious of everyone that is able to use auction house. Im struggling.. hope nets playbook drops for me soon so i can use it for the tougher challenges..  150 cards in 2 weeks without auction house thusfar... :/

You don't need the Nets playbo

36 minutes ago, Royze said:

So envious of everyone that is able to use auction house. Im struggling.. hope nets playbook drops for me soon so i can use it for the tougher challenges..  150 cards in 2 weeks without auction house thusfar... :/

You don't need the Nets playbook tbh

2 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

You don't need the Nets playbo

You don't need the Nets playbook tbh

Im open to tips.. I can handle most all star challenges tho only with regular opponents.  The all star sim challenges are still out of my league even with  3 GO players in my team.. guess im just not that good lol

It took me 3 weeks. I spent those 3 weeks working the auction house. For example the last card I got was 7500 and he was worth 80000 MT. I did spend really money in the beginning about 100 dollars. I was hoping to get a card worth a lot of MT but all I got was crap. For those going for this trophy don’t buy packs it’s a waste.  You can buy about 2700 cards with 3-4 million MT I’m estimating. At that point it starts getting expensive so the rest I got from domination and spotlight sims. Lastly I would complete sets and use the tokens for cards. Do Not use tokens for packs get all the cards up.to opals. 

3 hours ago, Royze said:

Im open to tips.. I can handle most all star challenges tho only with regular opponents.  The all star sim challenges are still out of my league even with  3 GO players in my team.. guess im just not that good lol

That's probably it.  What's your team?

How are y'all doing this so quickly? I started in April and am currently at 1530 something. I've completed domination, the finals spotlight Sims and won 190 triple threat offline games. I use the auction house and buy cheap cards. I have bought all the token players up through 15/30 on diamond. I only have like 15 tokens and 50k MT at the moment. I haven't gone after any expensive cards but have a full 13 GO lineup.

On 31.07.2020 at 10:14 PM, Royze said:

Tbh if you can't use auction house just drop it and don't waste your time grinding. It's clearly impossible now that you will drop 2900 cards without AH. Maybe if you started on release and play like 3-4 hours a day it would be possible to buy packs and drop cards.

And on my way to plat, after 3 weeks of playing I've upgraded my team to a final form and I'm almost able to win HOF games without using Quick Thrusts from Nets Playbook. Reading game a lot better and getting much more green releases than before helps a lot. My main squad is now:

PG: Westbrook (GO - NBA is Back)

SG: Vince (GO - Flash Allstars)

SF: Kobe (PD - Career Higlight - Almost upgraded to GO)

PF: Kawhi (PD - Moments)

C: Gheorghe (GO - Fan Favs 3)

Probably I could have much better cards in game's meta, but i don't care. I love Vince, Kawhi and Kobe. Like the speed of Westbrook and height of Gheorghe. I like to play with players that I know well. I was mostly into NBA in early 2000s and currently i'm back into it after watching The Last Dance.

Edited by SaviorKIA

18 hours ago, aajpity said:

How are y'all doing this so quickly? I started in April and am currently at 1530 something. I've completed domination, the finals spotlight Sims and won 190 triple threat offline games. I use the auction house and buy cheap cards. I have bought all the token players up through 15/30 on diamond. I only have like 15 tokens and 50k MT at the moment. I haven't gone after any expensive cards but have a full 13 GO lineup.

Do you only buy cards you need or do you try to buy it cheap and sell with profit? We all get some MTs from reselling cards on AH with a profit. And probably a lot of time because of covid. I'm working from home and just using AH from time to time during breaks.

My example of progress: 10 days ago I had 425 cards and about 100k MTs. Two days ago 1250 cards with 300k MTs. Now I have 1750 cards, 50k MTs and 150k MT cards to sell. Some people here get it much quicker by just using AH instead of playing, but I'm still playing a lot of games on MyTeam and MyCareer.

Edited by SaviorKIA

3 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

Do you only buy cards you need or do you try to buy it cheap and sell with profit? We all get some MTs from reselling cards on AH with a profit. And probably a lot of time because of covid. I'm working from home and just using AH from time to time during breaks.

My example of progress: 10 days ago I had 425 cards and about 100k MTs. Two days ago 1250 cards with 300k MTs. Now I have 1750 cards, 50k MTs and 150k MT cards to sell. Some people here get it much quicker by just using AH instead of playing, but I'm still playing a lot of games on MyTeam and MyCareer.

No, I didn't know I was supposed to be working the auction house for profit. I've accidently bought duplicates and have pulled many premium cards (usually amy or Ruby) but often struggle to sell them. I'm 1350 cards away as I have 1550. I've gotten them all through playing and buying cards.

33 minutes ago, aajpity said:

No, I didn't know I was supposed to be working the auction house for profit. I've accidently bought duplicates and have pulled many premium cards (usually amy or Ruby) but often struggle to sell them. I'm 1350 cards away as I have 1550. I've gotten them all through playing and buying cards.

It will be much quicker for you using AH for profit. As you see all of us are going to finish plat in <2 months, mainly because of AH. I've just finished 1750 and I'm not using AH as much as I could, because I enjoy just playing the game most of the time.