Ilzaki

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD

135 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Sad that it doesn't seem that Dante is included, he was OP in the original

 

You mean Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I LOOOOOOVE THIS GAME OMG

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kinda godly news did I just wake up too?! SMTV is getting a simultaneous worldwide release next year and the best SMT game's getting an HD remaster! Just hearing the Intro 2 theme in that trailer gives me a weird sense of nostalgia and chills. It would be cool if we get the DDS games ported someday (still has my favorite SMT soundtrack), but at this point, I'm just grateful that Atlus is at least doing something with SMT. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t Dante important for the Story? As far as I know he wasn’t just a random encounter. They have to put him in 😐.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, a real Shin Megoomi Tensay game on PS4.

 

28 minutes ago, Azraelka said:

Wasn’t Dante important for the Story? As far as I know he wasn’t just a random encounter. They have to put him in 😐.

 

They'll probably have Raidou instead, like the updated version in Japan

EDIT: Oh yeah, Raidou is literally in the trailer. He'll be there lol

Edited by DesmaBR
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Azraelka said:

Wasn’t Dante important for the Story? As far as I know he wasn’t just a random encounter. They have to put him in 1f610.png.

When Nocturne first came out in Japan, Dante wasn't in it. The director's cut that they released a year later was the version with Dante in it. The US and EU release of Nocturne localized the director's cut and not the original. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Finally, a real Shin Megoomi Tensay game on PS4.

 

 

They'll probably have Raidou instead, like the updated version in Japan

Didn’t know that they had a different Character in the JP version 😮

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats awesome news. I remember spending over 100 hours with the game. The grind for my ultimate party, to be able to see the true demon ending was massive. I still have the strategy guide by double jump books lying around somewhere.

I am going to buy this day 1.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Azraelka said:

 

Didn’t know that they had a different Character in the JP version 1f62e.png

There's actually been 3 different versions of Nocturne released. The original version, the Maniax version we got in the west that added in the kalpas and TDE along with Dante. Then Japan got a third version with Raidou instead of Dante.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golden Devil Gamer said:

When Nocturne first came out in Japan, Dante wasn't in it. The director's cut that they released a year later was the version with Dante in it. The US and EU release of Nocturne localized the director's cut and not the original. 

That’s sad. I still hope they put Dante in the Remastered version 😞.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Azraelka said:

 

Didn’t know that they had a different Character in the JP version 1f62e.png

He even had his own games!

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yessss, Nocturne was one of the greatest rpg i ever played!! Can't wait to play it at the hardest difficulty again! :yay: I hope there's a trophy for every ending.

Man, the hype is real!!! Who cares about Dante? Raidou Kuzunoha is badass!.

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, consider my shit lost because GODAMN LUCIFER ALMIGHTY!

 

Perhaps not the remake i always dreamt of but still... this is sick, man. Hopefully they can still take some cool notes from the Hard Type mod and fix some of the weird shit with balancing of the original. It saddens me a bit the amount of people on this thread not aware of Raidou or his games, but for those confused, he will serve basically the same purpose as Dante in the version of the game you probably know. And I could be wrong but Raidou is actually an even better version bebcause he can learn Pierce! He can actually do shit in the TDE final boss lol.

 

Well, i can't wait to gt High King'ed and poked to death to obtain a platinum on this game! DAMN!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt even see this topic lmao whoops. I just made one in haste and excitement. Forgive me

 

I just heard the news. Haha well happy. This one of my faves as a youngun.

 

Can't wait

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeeeeessss. I unlocked all endings in ps2. Now im gonna get the platinum trophy. This is gonna be ultra hard.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

What kinda godly news did I just wake up too?! SMTV is getting a simultaneous worldwide release next year and the best SMT game's getting an HD remaster! Just hearing the Intro 2 theme in that trailer gives me a weird sense of nostalgia and chills. It would be cool if we get the DDS games ported someday (still has my favorite SMT soundtrack), but at this point, I'm just grateful that Atlus is at least doing something with SMT. 

 

The DDS games are among my favourite games of all time. (Shoutout to TWEWY and FF8) 

 

If they put both DDS on modern consoles i'd pre-order. I haven't pre-ordered for over 10 years. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azraelka said:

That’s sad. I still hope they put Dante in the Remastered version 1f61e.png.

I doubt it, cause the trailer shows Raidou for a bit.

 

23 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

 

The DDS games are among my favourite games of all time. (Shoutout to TWEWY and FF8) 

 

If they put both DDS on modern consoles i'd pre-order. I haven't pre-ordered for over 10 years. 

DDS never really gets the appreciation it deserves. DDS2's just right under Nocturne for me (though I do have some sort of nostalgic attachment towards Nocturne, while DDS 1 & 2 were something I've played fairly recently). 

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This and DDS are among the games I would buy regardless how difficult the trophy list may be. Looking forward to it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

What's odd is that they don't just do a saga collection at this point. 

 

I'd much rather have a collection than a port. 

Considering how they're pricing Nocturne HD for 6000 yen (around $56 USD), they're probably trying to get as much money out of the re-release as possible. Plus, I'm not sure if DDS is popular enough to warrant a remastering. In Japan, DDS 1 & 2 sold about 100k each, compared to Nocturne's ~300k. Pretty sure the western numbers are a lot worse too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Considering how they're pricing Nocturne HD for 6000 yen (around $56 USD), they're probably trying to get as much money out of the re-release as possible. Plus, I'm not sure if DDS is popular enough to warrant a remastering. In Japan, DDS 1 & 2 sold about 100k each, compared to Nocturne's ~300k. Pretty sure the western numbers are a lot worse too. 

Just slap the name Persona on the cover everyone will gobble it up after that :^)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.